By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers E3 BEST GRAPHICS award - Kirby Epic Yarn!

huaxiong90 said:

Don't you guys think it's getting a bit too serious here?

Actually, the last ten posts are not even related to the subject lol

Around the Network

crytek, guerilla. thes companies workd very hard to make grfx they hve. all u saying they are grey an bland insult thos compnies. They deservd to win this award, it is direspct to them.

Boutros said:
huaxiong90 said:

Don't you guys think it's getting a bit too serious here?

Actually, the last ten posts are not even related to the subject lol

I'm well aware of that. xD

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Skeeuk said:
Chrizum said:
Skeeuk said:
fwap said:
Skeeuk said:

kirby looks good and is certainly best grafix at e3, the other nominations are far far more generic in every way. and will also be far more generic games.

Couldn't agree more.

^ they will be more generic games

Yeah, you already said that and we agree with you.

change my words all you want, bottom line is the other nominations will be much higher quality games

So you come from the future then?? can you do a favor for me and check how many games the 3DS will have on it release date and also when the 3DS is released?

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

My short take on this.  Gametrailers might just be trying to get hits or there might be more to it;  the marriage of gameplay and graphics. 

Good graphics are nice but ultimately they should only be a means to facilitate better gameplay.  Here we have a game whose gameplay mechanics simply wouldn't work with a different graphics style, the two are inextricably intertwined.  The engine is sufficient to allow full realisation of the graphics style, and it's aesthetically pleasing to boot. 

What game is more deserving of the graphics award?

Around the Network

I'm all for a technical achievement award as well - knowing the pipeline for the 'runner ups' model production from concept to completed textured model, the time and effort, spanning multiple artists and programs all with such meticulous detail makes it hard to put this in the same category for me.

they mixed their graphics with art style, which is fine, Kirby does look amazing

Nice to see gametrailers realizes that great graphics are not just about pushing polygons, but about the art style and creativity.

jarrod said:
richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

Anyway, I'd say the 5 most visually pleasing games at E3 were (in alphabetical order)...

• Child of Eden (360/PS3) Ubisoft / Q? Entertainment
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (360/PS3) Ignition Entertainment
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) Capcom
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) Nintendo / Sora / Good Feel
  • Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Hmm... El Shaddai looks like a Team Ico game in its graphic style.

Eh... maybe Team ICO on acid. ;)

If only either of these teams did Dante's Inferno....

richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:
richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

Anyway, I'd say the 5 most visually pleasing games at E3 were (in alphabetical order)...

• Child of Eden (360/PS3) Ubisoft / Q? Entertainment
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (360/PS3) Ignition Entertainment
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) Capcom
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) Nintendo / Sora / Good Feel
  • Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Hmm... El Shaddai looks like a Team Ico game in its graphic style.

Eh... maybe Team ICO on acid. ;)

If only either of these teams did Dante's Inferno....

Even that wouldn't save Dante's Inferno!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey