By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers E3 BEST GRAPHICS award - Kirby Epic Yarn!

darthdevidem01 said:
richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:
richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

Anyway, I'd say the 5 most visually pleasing games at E3 were (in alphabetical order)...

• Child of Eden (360/PS3) Ubisoft / Q? Entertainment
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (360/PS3) Ignition Entertainment
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) Capcom
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) Nintendo / Sora / Good Feel
  • Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Hmm... El Shaddai looks like a Team Ico game in its graphic style.

Eh... maybe Team ICO on acid. ;)

If only either of these teams did Dante's Inferno....

Even that wouldn't save Dante's Inferno!

Consider your multiplatform-bias EXPOSED!

Also, reported for milking.

Around the Network

Journey, Rayman and Ghost Trick all looked much better. The character design of Kirby look's great but the level design look very similar to older titles like Yoshi's Story, Paper Mario and Little Big PLanet. I thought the new Rayman was a much larger step up in term's of innovative change for an old platformer.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

It proves that Art is the most important component. If it wasn't for good artwork none of the lauded games that we see on any of the consoles would look very good. If we removed all artistry and just strictly attempted to render the world perfectly as possible without taking shortcuts we would be looking at PS2 era games. Uncharted 2 would look no better than God of War 1.

Tease.

Doobie_wop said:

Journey, Rayman and Ghost Trick all looked much better. The character design of Kirby look's great but the level design look very similar to older titles like Yoshi's Story, Paper Mario and Little Big PLanet. I thought the new Rayman was a much larger step up in term's of innovative change for an old platformer.

Different strokes I guess.  I thought Rayman looked like a cheap flash game... and the art was AWFUL.  Total downgrade from the lovely spritework in Rayman 1...

Overall, I really think I'd probably have given it to Ghost Trick.  Slick art, stunning animation, classy aesthetic.

Erm, I'm all for artsy fartsy games and stuff but... no. Just no.

Around the Network

I agree about what someone said about other M instead of Kirby cause it looks great, but when you see kirby you are instantly blown away.

I completely respect gametrailers for focusing on best graphics in more of game design art direction approach then the amount of polygons you can cram into the same old army guys.

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

Skeeuk said:
Killiana1a said:
Games4Fun said:

Color me surpised. I would agree with the statements in the video, it is in a class of its own in imagination and creativity.

ding! ding! ding! We have a winner!

Realism is nice, but it is far too simple and boring to regularly crown the best graphics to the games who try to approximate reality with their uber engine.

Kirby's Epic Yarn, in my opinion, has the best graphics over games such as Rage and Crysis 2 because it is thinking outside the box of what these  typical ex-frat boy, slim jim chowing game developers drink their kool aid with.

The graphics in Kirby's Epic Yarn are a Michelangelo fresco compared to Crysis 2's 19th century camera shot.

do you think kirby has better grafix than little big planet 2?

Both are excellent. Kirby's Epic Yarn is like a painting coming to life, while LittleBigPlanet 2 appears as a Pixar movie.

All those dark shooters look alike and than there's Kirby.

GT picking Kirby as the winner for best graphics was worth it just to see all the HD fanboys' heads explode simultaneously at the idea of a cutesy Nintendo game beating out "Generic Sci-Fi FPS 3: Now With Even MORE Gray!"

I honestly think GT's offices are under a bomb-threat watch as we speak lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The amount of butthurt is huge in this thread.