By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gametrailers E3 BEST GRAPHICS award - Kirby Epic Yarn!

I've no problem with that choice

all the nominees are very impressive, games that were not nominated are very beautiful too, but Kirby has a very unique style.

I don't see why the technical part of the visuals should be more important than the art style, animations etc. For me, only the global experience matters, and Kirby is full of charm and awesomeness

Around the Network

Anyway, I'd say the 5 most visually pleasing games at E3 were (in alphabetical order)...

• Child of Eden (360/PS3) Ubisoft / Q? Entertainment
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (360/PS3) Ignition Entertainment
  • Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) Capcom
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) Nintendo / Sora / Good Feel
  • Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

I think Brink looks fabulous. But I guess it was not at E3.

jarrod said:

Anyway, I'd say the 5 most visually pleasing games at E3 were (in alphabetical order)...

• Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Three Xbox 360 games, and only 1 Wii game?

Consider your Microsoft Bias Re-Exposed!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I agree that Kirby  should receive this award.

It's by far the most unique looking game I've seen in a very long time.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

• Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Hmm... El Shaddai looks like a Team Ico game in its graphic style.

richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

• Limbo (XBLA) Playdead

Hmm... El Shaddai looks like a Team Ico game in its graphic style.

Eh... maybe Team ICO on acid. ;)

Wow I knew there would be a freak out over this but geez.  Kirby's Epic Yarn must have really impressed because it is also Gamespot's Game of the Show.  Graphic wise, it does look quite beautiful and definitely deserved a nomination.  However, I don't think I would have chose it and probably gone with Rage instead.  

But I think people are kidding themselves here that it has to be something that is trying to be realistic that deserves these kinds of awards and nominations.  No one denies the technical prowess of those kinds of games, but obviously doesn't mean it is the only graphical style you can use.  Nor does it mean that route is automatically better or more "difficult" to program.  As someone already stated and showed with a funny pic, it's been overdone so much, it might be hot-keyed now haha.  I applause both sides though as they try to bring gaming closer to reality and as some developers try to bring us into a world we'd never seen before.  Both are inspiring and take loads of time and talent to pull off.  

Zucas said:

Wow I knew there would be a freak out over this but geez.  Kirby's Epic Yarn must have really impressed because it is also Gamespot's Game of the Show.  Graphic wise, it does look quite beautiful and definitely deserved a nomination.  However, I don't think I would have chose it and probably gone with Rage instead.  

But I think people are kidding themselves here that it has to be something that is trying to be realistic that deserves these kinds of awards and nominations.  No one denies the technical prowess of those kinds of games, but obviously doesn't mean it is the only graphical style you can use.  Nor does it mean that route is automatically better or more "difficult" to program.  As someone already stated and showed with a funny pic, it's been overdone so much, it might be hot-keyed now haha.  I applause both sides though as they try to bring gaming closer to reality and as some developers try to bring us into a world we'd never seen before.  Both are inspiring and take loads of time and talent to pull off.  

blah,blah puppy dogs and lolipops also. lol

oldschoolfool said:
Zucas said:

blah,blah puppy dogs and lolipops also. lol

Reported for spamming.

@Zucas

Excellent post as always, but some people see the definition of graphics to be different.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey