By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid: Other M sales predictions thread

puffy said:

Nintendo needs to get Retro Studios to make Metroid Dread.. Not a normal Metroid game though, a horror game with twisted Metroid gameplay and a solid online component. Make it the premier launch title on Nintendo's HD console and that should boost Metroid as a AAA brand once among core gamers outside of Nintendo fans once again.

Metroid plus Horror just seems like such a perfect fit to me..

Metroid II was basically a horror game the way it was designed, it was all build up and suspense.  Fusion had some strong horror elements too, and actually even Other M did too.

If they want to do full blown Metroid horror, Sakamoto's been there already.  Though honestly, going horror would just make Metroid more niche, not less...

Around the Network
jarrod said:

Metroid II was basically a horror game the way it was designed, it was all build up and suspense.  Fusion had some strong horror elements too, and actually even Other M did too.

Between opening with zombies for foes and getting ambushed with chase scenes, Fusion really felt like a good horror game at time.  I have some serious issues with that game, but its genre-blending wasn't one of them.

noname2200 said:
jarrod said:

Between opening with zombies for foes and getting ambushed with chase scenes, Fusion really felt like a good horror game at time.  I have some serious issues with that game, but its genre-blending wasn't one of them.

It's bizarre how similar Fusion and Other M seem (horror elements, space station setting, more linear directed progression).  The big differentiating factors being the emphasis on cutscenes/shown narrative in OM, which was also the game's downfall imo. 

other bomb didnt bomb so hard after all. 

I liked the cutscenes :) Hmm, honestly, I don´t understand, why so many people like fusion. It was a good game, sure, but for me not the best metroid.. .But this is just my opinion.... And offtopic xD

Around the Network

Just under 18k this week. Again, slightly over a third what Corruption sold in its equivalent week (if we un-align launches it may paint a different picture).

Adjustments do not seem to be incoming in the short-term. Will most likely have to wait for a financial statement from Nintendo.

Week 9:

Corruption: US: 10.498 Japan: 1,395 EMEAA: 32,180

OM M: US: 9,412 Japan: 1,441 EMEAA: 6,908

Corruption sales declined, while OM are increasing. Europe is the weak point.

As I expected, time will may help this game.

Next week sales should be at around 20,000 - 21,000, on christmas nearly 700,000. Next year it will have over 1 Mio, if the game has long legs in europe....

Lifetime 1,146,000

(I compare and predict, I don´t judge)

You will take note, darkgemini, that launches were not simultaneous for Corruption. In the game's ninth week on sale (ending October 27th, 2009) the game had just launched in the EMEAA, which meant it got over 100,000 units moved that week. Minding that we're heading into the holiday season, aligned launches do not paint an entirely honest picture of wat we should be expecting.

Should continue to see a rise

It should peak at 50K during the xmas week.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Should continue to see a rise

It should peak at 50K during the xmas week.

That would be... impressive. Corruption only managed 40k on the week that included Christmas.