By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid: Other M sales predictions thread

darthdevidem01 said:

I think everyone is getting too emotional here.

We need to let it lie for a few weeks, see how holidays pick it up.

We may see a bundle with it, we may see a good rise....we may see promotions/discounts

Basically what I'm seeing here is people who dislike it are harping on and on about how its "failed/flop/mega flop/unsuccessful"

The people who have liked it are saying we should give it more time and that expectations aren't a good metric of deciding if something flopped.

I think we all agree with the statement that the sales have been disappointing, but in terms calling it a "flop/disaster/mega flop/bomb" no-one is winning here, lets give it 4 more weeks before coming to a unanimous conclusion.

You sir are probably the most SANE person in this conversation (second would be dark gemini).  I will take your advice and quit this thread for a while.  It's obvious that it would be useless/waste of time to argue with idiots who insist Other M (w/510K in sales in less than 2 mo) is a major flop.  Anybody who has any sense would wait until after Christmas, before making that decision.  I may comeback after the holidays when this game finally breaks 600K but for now I'll take your sound advice!!!!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
oni-link said:

With a RETARD like YOU not very likely!!!

This is exactly what I was talking about Khuutra

The thread is getting out of hand.

Report it and move on.

IF I AM GOING TO GET THE BAN HAMMER...ROAR BETTER BE GETTING A  BIGGER HAMMER!!!

oni-link said:
darthdevidem01 said:

We may see a bundle with it, we may see a good rise....we may see promotions/discounts

Basically what I'm seeing here is people who dislike it are harping on and on about how its "failed/flop/mega flop/unsuccessful"

The people who have liked it are saying we should give it more time and that expectations aren't a good metric of deciding if something flopped.

I think we all agree with the statement that the sales have been disappointing, but in terms calling it a "flop/disaster/mega flop/bomb" no-one is winning here, lets give it 4 more weeks before coming to a unanimous conclusion.

You sir are probably the most SANE person in this conversation (second would be dark gemini).  I will take your advice and quit this thread for a while.  It's obvious that it would be useless/waste of time to argue with idiots who insist Other M (w/510K in sales in less than 2 mo) is a major flop.  Anybody who has any sense would wait until after Christmas, before making that decision.  I may comeback after the holidays when this game finally breaks 600K but for now I'll take your sound advice!!!!

"You would be an idiot to believe" is simply an assertion and a personal attack. We have given arguments why we can predict how Other M will end up, but you continually ignore them.

Also, I don't believe it has even sold that much, based on NPD data.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
oni-link said:
darthdevidem01 said:

"You would be an idiot to believe" is simply an assertion and a personal attack. We have given arguments why we can predict how Other M will end up, but you continually ignore them.

WHAT REPORT NPD DOESN'T EVEN RELEASE DATA ANYMORE.  ALL THE LINK THAT WAS PROVIDED WAS FROM A THREAD THAT HAS NO CREDIBILITY!!!  I'M OUT BEFORE THIS GETS OUTTA HAND!!!

oni-link said:
Demotruk said:

WHAT REPORT NPD DOESN'T EVEN RELEASE DATA ANYMORE.  ALL THE LINK THAT WAS PROVIDED WAS FROM A THREAD THAT HAS NO CREDIBILITY!!!  I'M OUT BEFORE THIS GETS OUTTA HAND!!!

EvilLore is a lot of things, and "credible about NPD numbers" is one of them. If he says the NPD numbers he presents are real, there's every reason to believe him based on his past behavior.

Around the Network
oni-link said:

This post is just hilarious.

I thought you wanted to move on.....

Barozi said:
oni-link said:

This post is just hilarious.

I thought you wanted to move on.....

He's trying too, so let him now please.

@Oni-link

good, this thread seems to be frustrating many people.

If a thread ever does that remember just leave it.....

Like I said, let things cool down, come back in 3 weeks and see the situation with a different perspective.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Slightly under 15k moved this week. Slight uptick from last week - though it should be noted that it's still only about 35% of what Corruption sold in its eighth week.

It will definitely break 700k this christmas, and it will break 1 Mio nest year. So my sales prediction (1.114) will be the best one :p And I still hope it will sell better... ^^

Nintendo needs to get Retro Studios to make Metroid Dread.. Not a normal Metroid game though, a horror game with twisted Metroid gameplay and a solid online component. Make it the premier launch title on Nintendo's HD console and that should boost Metroid as a AAA brand once among core gamers outside of Nintendo fans once again.

Metroid plus Horror just seems like such a perfect fit to me..