By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid: Other M sales predictions thread

well, this isn´t coorruption. let´s make a bet ^^ I say it will peak in one week more than 50.000 till christmas ^^ Only one time but better than none ^^

Around the Network
darkgemini said:

well, this isn´t coorruption. let´s make a bet ^^ I say it will peak in one week more than 50.000 till christmas ^^

Well, that seems a bit off-kilter; Corruption actulaly had several weeks between now and Christmas where it topped 50k, so I'm not sure what you want the bet to be about.

And would this be before or after adjustments that will follow Nintendo's financial statements?

it´s just a bet, don´t take everything seriously... <.< before adjustments...

Before adjustments? No bet.

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Should continue to see a rise

It should peak at 50K during the xmas week.

That would be... impressive. Corruption only managed 40k on the week that included Christmas.

Oh then it probably won;t....I didn't know what corruption peaked at.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

laugh, this is really ridiculous...

well, we will see whose predictions will finally be right ... And I´m sure, it will be mine :) And you, your are just wrong ^^

Hrm

Just over 12k this week. A considerable drop in a week where software in general has seen a significant rise.

Interesting point of fact: as of right now, Twilight Princess is selling over 50% as many copies as Other M on a weekly basis.

According to Reggie, Other M is "getting close to" 500k US.

http://kotaku.com/5688617/nintendo-trying-to-figure-out-what-went-wrong-with-newest-metroid

I'm interested to see if Donkey Kong Country damages Other M's Christmas sales or not. It'd be pretty bad if Other M didn't go up even a little bit around Christmas.

Edit: Kotaku may have just assumed Reggie meant US sales. There isn't any direct quote to prove he meant US. If he REALLY meant "close to half a million in the US" alone, then he is either using "close" loosely, or Other M is under-tracked in the US somewhat. However, NPD data suggests that it is actually over-tracked -everywhere-. This is why I think he meant worldwide sales rather than US alone.

Speaking of Twilight Princess, I think Link's Crossbow Training is undertracked here at VGchartz, since Nintendo stated it has sold more than the Wii version of Twilight Princess in the US.

About 12.5k in week 12. Seems to have found the level it will mostly be holding to this holiday.

Interestingly only sold 3k more than Twilight Princess this week.