By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid: Other M sales predictions thread

Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

No. I've been updating weekly since this thread started and will continue to do so.

Yes do so.

But both you and demotruk have been pretty harsh towards oni-link and the other guy.

Lets cool down for a few weeks.

@Demotruk-San

tehehe

I'm not being harsh, I am being honest. I will admit, however, that lately I have begun to lose my patience with people rejecting an objective reality.

Either way many people on the last page are being rude to each other (me included), I just read through the page again today morning.

The same arguments and issues are coming up again and again and again and again......and again.

If we cool down for a bit it might be easier for you to make your point with more weeks of sales at your disposal, and it might be easier for others to accept your point after seeing sales not rising in the way they hoped, then again sales could rise dramatically due to the holidays, even though it seems unlikely now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Don´t answer so fast, I have no time to edit my post xD

darkgemini said:

1.5 to 2 Mio was / is their goal. So this means more than 2 Mio? <.< ehhhh...yes.... :roleeyes:

For God's sake.

“Metroid is a key franchise, and in our view really since the SNES Metroid, we haven’t broken through in terms of 1.5 - 2 millions units. That’s our bar. That’s the scale that we look at to say on a global basis this is effective.”

They are looking to break the 1.5-2 million barrier. Yes, that means more than 2 million. Even if you want to interpret that statement in a different way (which is not easy if English is your primary language), 1.5 million would be the absolute floor of their expectations.

1.5 to 2 Mio was / is their goal. So this means more than 2 Mio? <.< ehhhh...yes.... :roleeyes:

Other M sales are declining, and if it continues at this rate, it will sell less than the last Metroid. You believe in an inversion of this decline in sales, and your arguments for it are:

- "Metroid usually has legs" -> this has already been proven to be false; No, it wasn´t. It was only shown for Corruption, not for Prime, SM, metroid, Metroid II aso....

- "this is something NEW, new things always need some time (and have legs, too)"  -> do you have data to backup that a game, just because it is "new", relates to having legs? I do not see the relation;

My relation is called logic -.-

- Metroid is selling less in Europe but in Japan is selling more and this can somewhat balance it. I can´t remember to have written this, I said, that it sells better in japan and this shows, that sales aren´t worse everywhere... please repeat me correctly ;)

Conclusion: "...it can be successful. It CAN be. I´m not saying that it is or it will be! I just repeat, that we need to wait and dont´t judge too early..."

We need to wait... for what? What can revert the situation? Christmas sales? If you cannot give a reason for defending that position, a reasonable person will think that the only reason for you to believe that Other M will revert its current tendency is because... you wish that it does. And that hardly makes for a discussion/conversation.

As I said, if it manages to sell 5k a week (worldwirde) next year it will sell 260.000 in one year. This year with christmas sales it will reach 600-700k. This makes it near one Million, I don´t think this is too optimistic.

And yes, a game is successful when it makes profit. It IS so easy. Maybe there will be a lower budget for the next game, thats all...

And as I said before, too, evidence is something, that we will have in one or two year. Till then, none of us have them ...

@ Khuutra. they said 1.5 to 2 Mio is their goal (!). Not breaking this goal.... You only interpret this!!!! It is funny, that YOU want others to be objective... <.<

@ darthdevidem.. Hmm, I agree... So i will take a little break ^^ the other guy -.-

darkgemini said:

@ Khuutra. they said 1.5 to 2 Mio is their goal (!). Not breaking this goal.... You only interpret this!!!! It is funny, that YOU want others to be objective... <.<

@ darthdevidem.. Hmm, I agree... So i will take a little break ^^ the other guy -.-

Success is about the expectations of the producers, not about profit.

And no. Do you know what "bar" means, in this context? When Reggie says "That is the bar," he is saying that that is the bar that they have to surpass or jump over; it's a common sports metaphor in English. They wanted it above the 1.5-2 million range.

Around the Network

@Darkgemini

Cool but Khuutra isn't compelte wrong

They say they wanted to "break through the 1.5 - 2 million barrier"

If they want to "break through" it means they want surpass sales of between 1.5 - 2 (breaking through is like breaking that barrier and going through it.....like breaking through a metal door...you break the door and go through it).....so it can be seen as wanting to do over 2 Million worldwide.

Roar_Of_War said:
oni-link said:
Khuutra said:
oni-link said:

No you're wrong Khuutra, this thing is kinda' like basketball in which you can't determine the outcome during the first quarter of the game when there is still 3 more quarters to go.  With only 7 weeks of sale this isn't even the full first quarter...not by a loooooonnnngggg shot!!!  This game will hit 800K by Aug2011 and probably 1M by the end of it's lifetime.  Not bad for a game that did not score as critically better than either Corruption, Echoes or Prime.  Speaking of which the last two console managed to average only 1.3M between them so I am still waiting for your fantasy that Nintendo SAID: they expected to sell 3M copies of Other M!!!! 

Thel ast line has already been dismissed; they expected it to break the 2 million barrier, though, and it will never get that far.

Your analogy is flawed, because sales patterns and basketball games do not follow similar trends. You can't predict (entirely) how three quarters will go based on the first; in sales for an established series, you can make a pretty good guess, especially for a game that dropped as fast and as hard as this one has.

1 million is not a good number for this game. You're wrong.

You're logic reminds me of the naysayers that said the same thing about Punch-Out and WarioLand: Shake it!!!  It'll hit 600K by the end of Christmas, 700K-800K by 8/2011,  and 900-1.0M lifetime (depending on how long Wii stays on the market until the next console).  So YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DEFINETELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you capable of intelligent conversation?

With a RETARD like YOU not very likely!!!

Understanding isn´t the problem, only writing xD

I don´t said that khuutra is wrong, I said/hope that he is overhasty...

oni-link said:
Roar_Of_War said:
oni-link said:

You're logic reminds me of the naysayers that said the same thing about Punch-Out and WarioLand: Shake it!!!  It'll hit 600K by the end of Christmas, 700K-800K by 8/2011,  and 900-1.0M lifetime (depending on how long Wii stays on the market until the next console).  So YOU ARE THE ONE THAT IS DEFINETELY WITHOUT A DOUBT WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you capable of intelligent conversation?

This is exactly what I was talking about Khuutra

The thread is getting out of hand.

darthdevidem01 said:
oni-link said:

This is exactly what I was talking about Khuutra

The thread is getting out of hand.

Report it and move on.