By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

@ infamous23  Three of the most violent games this generation are Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, and Madworld.  Would you agree or disagree with this statement? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:

@ infamous23  Three of the most violent games this generation are Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, and Madworld.  Would you agree or disagree with this statement? 

Don't let facts interfere with a fanboy speech.

Kynes said:
amp316 said:

Oh, I would agree that they are three of the most violent games of this gen.  But I would also say that the number of such games is dwarfed on Wii by the number of E rated fare like the Wii series games and their clones and the Nintendo made mini-game collections and their clones.

xKakashi209x said:
lvader said:

Just because they are using known characters doesn't mean what they are doing with them isn't inovative. SMG2 is far more fresh and new than anything from Sony or MS.

Little Big Planet and Modnation says hello.

Ummm, those are just Mario Bros (bad Mario Bros mind you) and Mario Kart sans the levels and add in only UGC. I don't see how they are SOOOO fresh.

xKakashi209x said:
lvader said:

Just because they are using known characters doesn't mean what they are doing with them isn't inovative. SMG2 is far more fresh and new than anything from Sony or MS.

Little Big Planet and Modnation says hello.

besides create and share Little Big Planet suck in the gameplay department

physics is suppose to be everything in a platformer and they couldnt get that right

Modnation I could give u dat but again besides the create and share its still another kart racer

so not as innovative as SMG in a generation where the platfomer genre is dead

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network

whether or not you feel they live in the past, they exist and thrive in the present (and the foreseeable future). Nintendo has always been about fun and giving gamers what they want which they do extremely well. IMO, Nintendo represent the future.

Gnizmo said:
sethnintendo said:

Ugh... Citizen Kane is horrible.  I don't know why so many old people love that movie and think it is classic.  That movie is pure crap.

Citizen Kane is one of the worst movies, and best films you can ever see. I have hated it every time I have watched it. I also think everything Picasso ever painted is ugly. I can still recognize, and appreciate the artistic merits though. When you look past what is done and see how it is done and then you will understand why it will be remembered as one of the best ever. Casablanca is the best example of entertainment and art crossing I can think of though.

Beyond that Citizen Kane is a movie you can only really appreciate once you are one of those old people. That is kind of the soul of the movie.

The fact that Orson Welles co-wrote, directed, and starred in such a film at the age of 25 (!!!) is a testament to his genius.

So is this:

@badgenome

Thats the spirit!!

infamous23 said:
Kynes said:
amp316 said:

Oh, I would agree that they are three of the most violent games of this gen.  But I would also say that the number of such games is dwarfed on Wii by the number of E rated fare like the Wii series games and their clones and the Nintendo made mini-game collections and their clones.

So are you saying that the problem is not that there isn't any mature games, but not enough of them?  Do you need the three Bs (blood, beasts, and boobs) in all of the games that you play?  Do you play strip Monopoly or have to get an electric shock every time that you lose a checker? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
infamous23 said:
Kynes said:
amp316 said:

So are you saying that the problem is not that there isn't any mature games, but not enough of them?  Do you need the three Bs (blood, beasts, and boobs) in all of the games that you play?  Do you play strip Monopoly or have to get an electric shock every time that you lose a checker? 

No, but the fact is the PS2 was the best console of its time because it had the most well-rounded lineup of any console and as a result has 530 games rated in the 75 to 100 range at Metacritic.  The PC is the only gaming machine with more high quality titles and that is because it has been around a much longer time than PS2.

So far, as far as games in the 75 to 100 range on Metacritic go, the Wii is dead last this gen by a significant margin.

And, I think that by continuing to send out E rated mini game collections like Mario Sports Jam and continuing to hype Wii series games like Wii Party, then they demonstrate that they don't really have an interest in the Wii being a be all end all console for the traditional gamer like the Playstation 2 was.