By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

MontanaHatchet said:
mai said:

@MontanaHatchet

The whole point of this and similar threads is to debate over nothing and enjoy it. No need to be so serious about nothing.

Nope.

First off, I don't even know you. Second off, there's obviously not "debate over nothing." This was never meant to be a debate thread. It was clearly sarcastic and joking. But again, people are too damn dumb. Just don't even bother me. This thread represents a bunch of things wrong the community anyways. Debate should not be an artificial prick waving contest (as much as it often is), especially when it's over silly things.

Montana, this has happened in pretty much every single Rol thread of the last three years. It's nothing new.

What the hell is the point of making a sarcastic post if everybody replies "lol" and "funny post" and "nice"? The whole point of a forum thread is to encourage discussion: if you want to say something and then ignore everything everyone has to say about it, you post an article or blog post.

The entire internet is like this, except maybe NeoGAF, so if you want to go there and post while following all 10,000 of their rules, go ahead. Or, you can laugh at the ignorant people, reply to the people with genuinely intelligent posts, and move on, like everyone else.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
mai said:

@MontanaHatchet

The whole point of this and similar threads is to debate over nothing and enjoy it. No need to be so serious about nothing.

Nope.

First off, I don't even know you. Second off, there's obviously not "debate over nothing." This was never meant to be a debate thread. It was clearly sarcastic and joking. But again, people are too damn dumb. Just don't even bother me. This thread represents a bunch of things wrong the community anyways. Debate should not be an artificial prick waving contest (as much as it often is), especially when it's over silly things.

No Rol thread has ever been made without the intent to start discussion. And yes, in spite of who made this, this is that type of thread.

I'm not sure what "artificial contest" means.

I'd say this, I dont give f**k about ''adult themed games''

if u a true gamer u play for fun and not bcuz theres blood or sex in a game

the most hardcore games I know dont even have blood so just shut the f**k up get the f**k out with that shit

HARDCORE GAMES : Megaman,Contra,Battletoads,Ghouls n’ Ghosts,castlevania (they all look family friendly)

then u got demon souls too,I wouldnt consider that a mature game bcuz is about as mature as castlevania

and ninja gaiden which is far from a mature even tho theres some blood in it

if u dont know most of those games than u dont have the right to talk about hardcore

and guess what most of those games comes from a Nintendo consoles

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

MontanaHatchet said:

Alright, that's it. I've decided it. I'm leaving Vgchartz, and this thread made me do it. The community is too damn dumb. Too damn dumb. Sure, I've been considering this for a while, but this thread was what made me do it. All Amp did (Amp, of course, being an awesome dude), was make a silly sarcastic thread. However, most morons can't read past the thread title and still insist on using the most pathetic, baseless fanboy logic and starting boring fucking debates over nothing.

The gaming forums are full of fanboys and Off Topic sucks. I'm worth about as much to the administrators as the poop smears in their toilets, and to be honest, Vgchartz 3.0 hasn't made the site all that much better. Do we really need 5 or so different Booth Babes articles? I know they get a lot of hits, but cmon, there's a little something called integrity. And I must reiterate, I can't stand all of these idiot fanboys any longer. At least on Gamefaqs or some other gaming site, you can just discount them as silly trolls.

There is nothing enjoyable here for my anymore. So I ask the rest of you to do one of two things: Either disregard these fanboys and trolls and ignore them like they need to be, or continue to feed them and let them grow. I'm done with feeding. Fuck that.

Please don't leave Montana.  You are one of the more entertaining personalities on here.  If you leave I'll have to blame myself  indirectly being the cause of it.  I understand that many biased people can get on your nerves.  Lord knows that they get on mine.  That's why I write this sort of stuff.     

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Khuutra said:
MontanaHatchet said:
mai said:

@MontanaHatchet

Nope.

No Rol thread has ever been made without the intent to start discussion. And yes, in spite of who made this, this is that type of thread.

I'm not sure how to take this comment.  :p

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Bigger and better things than some of the biggest names in gaming history? Seriously? I give Nintendo a pass on their 'rehashed' games, because a lot of times, they're not rehashed. They're new. Or take a new angle to an old formula. And think about it. When's the last true DK game released? N64? Kirby, I can't even remember. Last console game was a racer. Kid Icarus, we thought that franchise was dead and gone.

So while Nintendo SHOULD make new, 'hardcore' franchises, all I really care about are solid fun games. And I expect some solid fun games in the form of Metroid Other M, Kid Icarus, Kirby (I can't believe how badly I'm wanting this game! Maybe because Paper Mario may be one of my all time fav franchises). And to be blunt, the whole industry has followed this trend for years. Capcom, EA possibly being the biggest offenders of this crime.

amp316, if this wasn't a joke I'd be mailing you Y. Pestis al a NCIS right now (well, not really, but still, not cool) ... Seriously, dude: NOT FUCKING FUNNY!

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

amp316 said:
Khuutra said:

I mean that it's a Rol thread in spite of you not being Rol; not because Rol does it first or even necessarily best, but because this kind of topic is most generally associated with him.

Khuutra said:
amp316 said:
Khuutra said:

I mean that it's a Rol thread in spite of you not being Rol; not because Rol does it first or even necessarily best, but because this kind of topic is most generally associated with him.

I know.  I was just messing with you.

You're a good man Khuutra.  You actually back up the things that you say with facts.

amp316 said:

I know.  I was just messing with you.

You're a good man Khuutra.  You actually back up the things that you say with facts.

Thank you. You....r avatar is very handsome.