By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

I think the first Nintendo game with UGC was Excitebike.  Like the original Excitebike, in 1986...

Around the Network

Nintendo is like warm canned soup in a chilly day.

infamous23 said:
sethnintendo said:
Viper1 said:
infamous23 said:
Viper1 said:
infamous23 said:

Is there even one M game coming to Wii this year?

This question displays a combination of ignorance of the game catalog and narrow minded concept of what a "video game" must be to be considered valid.

A video game is quite a broad thing.  And just becuase something doesn't innovate in a niche segment doesn't mean it's not innovative on the whole.

So, I guess no M games have been announced for Wii this year?

I was right.  You show complete ignorance of the console's catalog.

I'm not doing your homework for you.  Go get eduucated about what youare debating on, then come back.

Viper, it is all good.  You can't talk to someone that only cares about M rated games.  A true gamer realizes there are good games in all ESRB ratings.  I don't look for rating first then quality next.  I look for quality first.  I don't even care what a game is rated.  If the game is fun to play then it is fun.  Close minded "gamers" (don't even think they deserve the gamer title) think about ratings more.  It is like a little kid thinking they are cool cause they saw a R rated film when they were younger than 18.

I don't only look at the ratings.  The truth is there are no M rated games on Wii rated anywhere near as high as the highest M rated games on the other consoles by Metacritic.  We don't see innovative groundbreaking adult themed games like Fallout 3, GTA IV, Heavy Rain, or God of War III coming out on Wii  I think on Wii Suda51's games come closest.

And if there were several M rated games coming out on Wii this year, then I wouldn't have to do research on them.  I would be able to name at least a few off the top of my head like last year I could name Silent Hill:  Shattered Memories, No More Heroes:  Desperate Struggle, Red Steel 2, and Muramasa:  The Demon Blade.

It's true I want more content out of my games than what I would let my 12 year old nephew watch.

Points taken I suppose but most the games you listed one could pick up on pc except God of War 3.  I think the Wii PC combo is pretty good.  I really don't care about Sony exclusives so I don't think I am missing out on much.  Maybe Gran Turismo but I can live with that...  Perhaps Nintendo should offer Suda51 a large amount of money to join Nintendo team to produce the M rated games on a regular basis.  Some people need violence/blood/adult situations more than others I suppose in gaming.  I can get all that by watching a few episodes of Archer (which they should make into a game).  I think cartoons are better with adult situation humor, violence , and blood than games can ever be (that is just my own personal taste).  Anyways, I am getting on a rant.  Fact is Nintendo doesn't shun M rated games it is just the third parties that don't release too many on the Wii thinking they won't sell much.  A few M rated games have sold over million though and if more were released that were quality then the number would rise.  Third party developers just need to step up to the plate considering Nintendo will hardly publish/produce your desired M rated games.

Hey guys, what'cha doing....

HOLY CRAP!

-is picked up into the shitstorm-

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ha ha ha, nice thread and read. Funny haters magnet

Even more  the M mature games are the only true one arguments! No more heroes for exemple is everything but really mature... Some cutscene are really the juvenille definition of "mature" (boobs! Blood!...)

I was afraid my wife come on the room during certains cutscene because of so mature peep-show scene and the so artistic mastubation in front of some anime.

My wife don't like see me play the "mature" (madworld, THOTD:O) games there are too much blood for her taste but strangely she liked watching games Mario kart, NSMBW ,...

Actually Nintendo had done much more for game recognization with his "casual" series than the hardcore series with their blood, sex and drugs. Before, games were look as a blood thirsty violent activities. Now it is regarded as nice, fun and social. i think we can thank GTA IV, Fallout 3 and God of War for that :p

Last, speaking of Fallout 3 and consider it a really "mature" game is funny because it was water down compare to the 2 first Fallout (Penthouses, proxenetism). and for GTA IV, it's look down because because the sand box is not as open as GTA:SA, people like GTA for the great sand box experience so you can play and have a lot of fun for hours without actually playing a mission.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Around the Network

Alright, that's it. I've decided it. I'm leaving Vgchartz, and this thread made me do it. The community is too damn dumb. Too damn dumb. Sure, I've been considering this for a while, but this thread was what made me do it. All Amp did (Amp, of course, being an awesome dude), was make a silly sarcastic thread. However, most morons can't read past the thread title and still insist on using the most pathetic, baseless fanboy logic and starting boring fucking debates over nothing.

The gaming forums are full of fanboys and Off Topic sucks. I'm worth about as much to the administrators as the poop smears in their toilets, and to be honest, Vgchartz 3.0 hasn't made the site all that much better. Do we really need 5 or so different Booth Babes articles? I know they get a lot of hits, but cmon, there's a little something called integrity. And I must reiterate, I can't stand all of these idiot fanboys any longer. At least on Gamefaqs or some other gaming site, you can just discount them as silly trolls.

There is nothing enjoyable here for my anymore. So I ask the rest of you to do one of two things: Either disregard these fanboys and trolls and ignore them like they need to be, or continue to feed them and let them grow. I'm done with feeding. Fuck that.

@MontanaHatchet

The whole point of this and similar threads is to debate over nothing and enjoy it. No need to be so serious about nothing, 'cos you won't enjoy debates that way.

"Nintendo is living in the past"

so? Not a bad thing.

And actually, if you haven't slept for the last years you might have noticed that Nintendo developed lots of new things and is a company which automatically leads to money-hunger and their big franchises sell because most people like it. Why should they care about minorities when it's not making a lot of money?

It's totally funny how people always complain about the current situation btw. First, Nintendo should make all their great characters re-appear and when they do it's all bad. People want new stuff in gaming, Nintendo does it and gets blamed by people they don't care about.

The community of self-titled core gamers is just ridiculous. And I know I will just be flamed for being a fanboy or something although I own more consoles than 99% of you and don't give a damn about trademarks and stuff. Have fun :)

mai said:

@MontanaHatchet

The whole point of this and similar threads is to debate over nothing and enjoy it. No need to be so serious about nothing.

Nope.

First off, I don't even know you. Second off, there's obviously not "debate over nothing." This was never meant to be a debate thread. It was clearly sarcastic and joking. But again, people are too damn dumb. Just don't even bother me. This thread represents a bunch of things wrong the community anyways. Debate should not be an artificial prick waving contest (as much as it often is), especially when it's over silly things.

^There're enough serious or meant to be serious threads on VGC, a couple of sarcastic posts won't ruin the community. In fact, quite the opposite I believe, it's a place where people could demonstrate own bias while other expose it. Maybe, something wrong with me, but I'm quite enjoying reading such threads casually =) usually I don't bother posting though.