By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

@OP: That is the strangest joke post ever, I salute you.

Also, Nintendo is living in the past and so are gamers so it works out perfectly.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
lvader said:

Just because they are using known characters doesn't mean what they are doing with them isn't inovative. SMG2 is far more fresh and new than anything from Sony or MS.

Oh come on.

SMG2 is the same game as SMG, but has Yoshi.

I'm not saying that it isn't a really well made game, but please give me something a little different. 

Oh can I play as Luigi from the first playthrough.  Does SMG1 has Green Stars after first completion? Can I collect Star Coins in SMG? Is Rosalina the character you see for the whole game? 

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is different it's a sequel. 

"Nintendo fan for life"

lvader said:

Just because they are using known characters doesn't mean what they are doing with them isn't inovative. SMG2 is far more fresh and new than anything from Sony or MS.

Dumbest post ever?

Not too hard to track down who did it. Also, as soon as Epic Mickey was mentioned I realized what this was. It's amusing how arguments sprung back up anyway.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

MadeInDK said:

Your so wrong. Nintendo give the future.

Some of the latest....

1. wii-mote... motion control.

2. 3d WHITOUT glasses

3. Mario Galaxy

4. Touch screen

Many new games.. new game types. Some of them, MS and sony need to copy.. (or die)

Motion sport games

action motion games

"Nintendogs" games

Fitnes games

The "Nintendo gold ones" Zelda, Mario. donkey.. are i'm afraid is not to be copied.

really, Nintendo was one of the very first to do portable touch screen, motion-control and glass-free 3D

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
That was one of the biggest necrobumps I have ever seen! Careful whoever did it!

Pachter seems to think they are!

It's funny that this was bumped since it was the thread that drove Montana Hatchet from the site (I felt guilty about this).   

Since then he has returned, thankfully.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

To me nintendo is the balance that gaming needs. while sony and microsoft are constantly changing generation to generation along with their 3rd party games, nintendo is who they are, does what they will and to the end be just that. And i respect that from an artistic and personal point, because they choose not to follow, but lead according to their vision, and despite peoples bickering about their art, they continue to be successful.
Its kinda like a musician who refuses to change his style based on others and still sells out concerts and albums.