By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

infamous23 said:

they demonstrate that they don't really have an interest in the Wii being a be all end all console for the traditional gamer like the Playstation 2 was.

It's not supposed to be.  The Wii was a means to expand beyond the traditional gamer to reach places the PS2 tried to but didn't quite grab.

But you also fail to notice the problem is 3rd parties more so than Nintendo.  Nintendo first party has put out more traditional games at this point in the generation for Wii than they did for GC.  Like at this E3, for instance, while they showed Mario Sports Mix (incidently being developed by Square Enix, not Nintendo) and Wii Party, they also showed a new Zelda, Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn.  That's quite balanced.   Now outside of Sega, you won't find ar 3rd party with equal balance for Wii.

But thankfully it looks like they learned their lesson and will support 3DS much better from the beginning.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
infamous23 said:

they demonstrate that they don't really have an interest in the Wii being a be all end all console for the traditional gamer like the Playstation 2 was.

It's not supposed to be.  The Wii was a means to expand beyond the traditional gamer to reach places the PS2 tried to but didn't quite grab.

But you also fail to notice the problem is 3rd parties more so than Nintendo.  Nintendo first party has put out more traditional games at this point in the generation for Wii than they did for GC.  Like at this E3, for instance, while they showed Mario Sports Mix (incidently being developed by Square Enix, not Nintendo) and Wii Party, they also showed a new Zelda, Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Epic Yarn.  That's quite balanced.   Now outside of Sega, you won't find ar 3rd party with equal balance for Wii.

But thankfully it looks like they learned their lesson and will support 3DS much better from the beginning.

Still, we haven't seen Nintendo's first party Uncharted or Gears of War yet this gen.  And Nintendo's continual creation of and hyping of games like Wii Party, etc, makes those the most noticecable games on the platform.  Hence it increases the visibilty of those games on the platform meaning that the people that are interested in that type of game will be the Wii's primary audience and more people will continue be interested in those types of games on Wii than other types of games.

I would buy a Wii if it had games like the Final Fantasies, God of Wars, and Personas, but I've little use for Carnival Games 2 and Wii Sports Clone 35.

And, furthermore, I don't like Nintendo's pushing to move games like Zelda into the motion control realm.  That takes a game that you should be able to play comfortably enough for 20 to 40 hours while sitting in your easy chair into something much more tiresome.

At least, they decided not to make the balance board a requirement for ZSS as well as it sounded like they were going to a few months ago.

I feel bad for anyone who responded to this without reading it first. 

"Why does everyone ask about Chrono Trigger? (responding to a comment about the title being loved) That's not what the sales tell me! If people want a sequel, they should buy more!" - Square Enix Senior Vice President Shinji Hashimoto

infamous23 said:
Viper1 said:
infamous23 said:

Still, we haven't seen Nintendo's first party Uncharted or Gears of War yet this gen.  And Nintendo's continual creation of and hyping of games like Wii Party, etc, makes those the most noticecable games on the platform.  Hence it increases the visibilty of those games on the platform meaning that the people that are interested in that type of game will be the Wii's primary audience and more people will continue be interested in those types of games on Wii than other types of games.

I would buy a Wii if it had games like the Final Fantasies, God of Wars, and Personas, but I've little use for Carnival Games 2 and Wii Sports Clone 35.

And, furthermore, I don't like Nintendo's pushing to move games like Zelda into the motion control realm.  That takes a game that you should be able to play comfortably enough for 20 to 40 hours while sitting in your easy chair into something much more tiresome.

At least, they decided not to make the balance board a requirement for ZSS as well as it sounded like they were going to a few months ago.

Nintendo's Uncharted and Gears of War are Zelda and Metroid.  What is so hard to understand about that?

You so fail completely at understanding the game catalog that it's pathetic.  You've fallen victim to the elitist fanboy war cry so much that you're turning to ignorance regarding anything else.

Who said you had to get Carnival Games or Wii Sports Resort?  

And I played the new Zelda several times last week.  Don't see how it will be any more tiring than Twilight Princess on Wii.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

this is the future....today :)

Will the PS3 be the first and most successful multi-million selling piracy & hack-free console of all time?

Around the Network

you guys mean living in past technology?

Will the PS3 be the first and most successful multi-million selling piracy & hack-free console of all time?

Wii isn't expanding beyond the traditional gamer, it's expanding beyond the Playstation gamer. If you're a Playstation kid you won't know the difference. If you're old enough to remember getting a NES game for your birthday/Christmas you'll know that what's actually happening is real videogames are returning.

@Amp

I thought it was the three G's, gore, girls and graphix?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Dupe

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

amp316 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Alright, that's it. I've decided it. I'm leaving Vgchartz, and this thread made me do it. The community is too damn dumb. Too damn dumb. Sure, I've been considering this for a while, but this thread was what made me do it. All Amp did (Amp, of course, being an awesome dude), was make a silly sarcastic thread. However, most morons can't read past the thread title and still insist on using the most pathetic, baseless fanboy logic and starting boring fucking debates over nothing.

The gaming forums are full of fanboys and Off Topic sucks. I'm worth about as much to the administrators as the poop smears in their toilets, and to be honest, Vgchartz 3.0 hasn't made the site all that much better. Do we really need 5 or so different Booth Babes articles? I know they get a lot of hits, but cmon, there's a little something called integrity. And I must reiterate, I can't stand all of these idiot fanboys any longer. At least on Gamefaqs or some other gaming site, you can just discount them as silly trolls.

There is nothing enjoyable here for my anymore. So I ask the rest of you to do one of two things: Either disregard these fanboys and trolls and ignore them like they need to be, or continue to feed them and let them grow. I'm done with feeding. Fuck that.

Please don't leave Montana.  You are one of the more entertaining personalities on here.  If you leave I'll have to blame myself  indirectly being the cause of it.  I understand that many biased people can get on your nerves.  Lord knows that they get on mine.  That's why I write this sort of stuff.     

It is all your fault amp316!  Why did you have to create this thread?  For the love of god!!!!  Nah, it isn't your fault at all.  Maybe he is just tired of reading the same fanboy arguments over and over again.  I personally stopped posting here for awhile but I decided to come back.

sethnintendo said:

It is all your fault amp316!  Why did you have to create this thread?  For the love of god!!!!  Nah, it isn't your fault at all.  Maybe he is just tired of reading the same fanboy arguments over and over again.  I personally stopped posting here for awhile but I decided to come back.

I don't think any one person is really to blame here. I think a lot of us frequent posters and visitors have accepted the state of the VGChartz forums. If one cannot handle the short sighted bias of others and the general ignorance and idiocy of another's post, then by all means save yourself the effort and leave the forum. Evidently, MontanaHatchet is doing just that... 

How technical is your game?