By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda was pushed back to refine visual style, says Shigeru Miyamoto!

PhalanxCO said:
Cactus said:

Speaking of Windwaker, does anybody else have the 2-disc version that includes Ocarina of Time/Master Quest in the same package?

I do, why?

I was just curious. I've seen the OoT/MQ standalone bonus package quite a bit, but I never see the 2-disc Wind Waker pack anywhere.

Now I know that at least two other people own it

Around the Network

I love the new artstyle, so I'm pleased with this decision.

I'm glad we have confirmation for an early 2011 release now.  I was afraid they might save it for a 2011 holiday release!

theprof00 said:

I was right. 2011. Eat it.

I also predicted that they would give some excuse to make you think like they really should take the extra time.

The artwork is great though. I'm not too into it, but I can tell quality when I see it.

And what does he mean by impressionism, low res and scribbly? I didn't see anything like that in the demo.

I think if you look up Paul Cezanne you'll see what he's talking about. They're obviously not finished, but I think when this is done it's going to be well worth the wait.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

The first Zelda on NES (not very much though, only at a friend's house in the '80s), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I skipped Gamecube cos of the look of Wind Waker (but as I said, I regret it now). And I am obviously late to the party with the Wii, but eventually I'll get both Twilite Princes and the new one.

How much have u played?

The Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.

NO ORACLE OF AGES???!

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I dislike it right now. But i love Wind Waker's look so...

We will see. Maybe i was expecting to much.

I thought this was going to be a more mature looking Zelda too? I demand at least TWO Ganondorf face stabs. Maybe 3.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

I'm sorry khuutra, I don't mean to attack zelda. It's just those last pictures look extremely similar, and the first three do not.

Helios really covered it better than I can: all you did was bring up a question of perspective, which is needlessly reductive and too seriously narrows the discussion.

How much Zelda have you played?

I don't really know how I can prove it, but I've played:

Zelda, Link, Link to the past,briefly 4 swords, spirit tracks (abandoned for boredom), Ocarina, MAjoras mask, Wind waker (1st half of game because my ex-friend stole my gamecube for coke-money), part of twilight princess.

The reason it's harder to believe you is due to the fact that you generalize the games so much and it seems more for face value than actually playing them since anyone that played OoT knows that Majoras Mask does not fit the OoT feeling at all, in fact TWW is more or less Majoras Mask with a different tone to it and a vastly bigger world.  TP was a bit of OoT with a lot of returning elements of LttP even a lot of enemies returning, the only issue being the game was a tad easy so parts that would seem new and fresh with new challenge felt stale cause you beat bosses with 3 hits with a bow and a couple of sword swipes which was actually hard on the N64 before many control issues of the early 3D days were nailed down.

As for Spirit Tracks that's really funny since Spirit Tracks has quite possibly some of the most unique puzzles in the entire series with a good bit of challenge to boot.  

If the series is played out or however you put... why post about it?  I loved Whipeout in the PS1 era... now I really don't care for it... I don't go into Whipeout threads going "man I played a lot of the whipeouts and I just think the series is played out its like the original whipeout every time (which is how I feel when I play)"  It's just a mark of someone that really has grown out of a series typically also stops talking about it as well since they don't care... or at least that's what mature people do...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well, i like it

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Shanobi said:
theprof00 said:

I was right. 2011. Eat it.

I also predicted that they would give some excuse to make you think like they really should take the extra time.

The artwork is great though. I'm not too into it, but I can tell quality when I see it.

And what does he mean by impressionism, low res and scribbly? I didn't see anything like that in the demo.

I think if you look up Paul Cezanne you'll see what he's talking about. They're obviously not finished, but I think when this is done it's going to be well worth the wait.

Oh i have no doubt. It's just not really apparent in the OP picture. I looked up other screens of the new zelda and it's most definitely impressionistic. Blending made out of dots and stroke of colors, high contrast, vibrant colors, little black. It looks really nice. For some reason I just didn't notice it during the demonstration.

blaydcor said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

The first Zelda on NES (not very much though, only at a friend's house in the '80s), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I skipped Gamecube cos of the look of Wind Waker (but as I said, I regret it now). And I am obviously late to the party with the Wii, but eventually I'll get both Twilite Princes and the new one.

How much have u played?

The Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.

NO ORACLE OF AGES???!

I never owned it!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

I'm sorry khuutra, I don't mean to attack zelda. It's just those last pictures look extremely similar, and the first three do not.

Helios really covered it better than I can: all you did was bring up a question of perspective, which is needlessly reductive and too seriously narrows the discussion.

How much Zelda have you played?

I don't really know how I can prove it, but I've played:

Zelda, Link, Link to the past,briefly 4 swords, spirit tracks (abandoned for boredom), Ocarina, MAjoras mask, Wind waker (1st half of game because my ex-friend stole my gamecube for coke-money), part of twilight princess.

The reason it's harder to believe you is due to the fact that you generalize the games so much and it seems more for face value than actually playing them since anyone that played OoT knows that Majoras Mask does not fit the OoT feeling at all, in fact TWW is more or less Majoras Mask with a different tone to it and a vastly bigger world.  TP was a bit of OoT with a lot of returning elements of LttP even a lot of enemies returning, the only issue being the game was a tad easy so parts that would seem new and fresh with new challenge felt stale cause you beat bosses with 3 hits with a bow and a couple of sword swipes which was actually hard on the N64 before many control issues of the early 3D days were nailed down.

As for Spirit Tracks that's really funny since Spirit Tracks has quite possibly some of the most unique puzzles in the entire series with a good bit of challenge to boot.  

If the series is played out or however you put... why post about it?  I loved Whipeout in the PS1 era... now I really don't care for it... I don't go into Whipeout threads going "man I played a lot of the whipeouts and I just think the series is played out its like the original whipeout every time (which is how I feel when I play)"  It's just a mark of someone that really has grown out of a series typically also stops talking about it as well since they don't care... or at least that's what mature people do...

I understand your points but I must also say that nobody really talks about wipeout. Zelda is topical, that's why I talk about it. It's always on people's lips. Wipeout isn't.And besides, I still play the games. I've played all the newest ones, and I'll probably play this one. How am I immature?

You're a more convincing writer and more knowledgeable on the subject, so I'm not going to bother arguing my feeling with the little idiosyncrasies that seperate the game. I'm just one person who thinks the games aren't what they could be.

I also hate the mentality that you have where you basically write "You are wrong for this reason, this reason, and this reason,......idiot"