By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda was pushed back to refine visual style, says Shigeru Miyamoto!

Roma said:
Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:

You don't like adventures of link? What?

I'd rather use pictures:

vs

This was a pass or fail kinda thing, and you did not pass

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Eh lol hahaha you know that was so stupid of you to do sorry but that is the truth lol

If you use pics it is obvious that no one will be able to tell how the game-play is different than the other… WOW

OoT and MM are very different in game-play both of them use time travel but in a different way. The later lets you play three days only in which you have to go back in time to change things you can do the days after.

WW used the sea and TP did not have time travel so it makes it different than the other games before it. sure they all use the same fighting and dongeon system with improvements here and there.

What kind of change do people want? A Zelda racer, golf, soccer? It is an adventure game and if you do not like it then by something ells that is why we humans have the ability to chose lol.

You don’t like you don’t buy that is how easy it is so live with it.

For me I have a problem with how low polly things seem to be in SS but they said they are going to fix things so I am happy and even if it does not look as good as I hoped for I am more interested in the way it plays as I have always loved Zelda since OoT

and zerg use overlords and need to use up a drone when they make a building, and terran buildings can fly, and protoss don't need to use a worker to build a building at all.

But it's all the same game isn't it?

Even miyamoto referred to wind waker as different and that zelda was becoming stale, as I do. How am I so wrong?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
blaydcor said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:

The first Zelda on NES (not very much though, only at a friend's house in the '80s), Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I skipped Gamecube cos of the look of Wind Waker (but as I said, I regret it now). And I am obviously late to the party with the Wii, but eventually I'll get both Twilite Princes and the new one.

How much have u played?

The Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks.

NO ORACLE OF AGES???!

I never owned it!

You must amend this and acquire it immediately. And then put in the transfer password from Oracle of Seasons clear data to unlock the secret dungeon/actual last boss/real ending!

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

1) I'm glad they're delaying the game for quality.  Nintendo always does and it almost always turns out well (we'll just forget the Mario Sunshine incident).

2) I fully agree.  An overly 'dark' and 'gritty' style like Twilight Princess would have impacted gameplay and made combat a chore.  I can't tell you how many action games I have played with that kind of style that have frustrating moments simply because of their art style.

3) While they're delaying the game to update the visuals, I hope they'll also address some other issues.  Mainly the fact that Link looks like a darn fool in his current form, with his arm outstreched and just blindly pointing in any direction you move the wiimote.  They really need to address that kind of 'visual' style too.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

It wouldn't be a true Zelda game without delays.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

3) While they're delaying the game to update the visuals, I hope they'll also address some other issues.  Mainly the fact that Link looks like a darn fool in his current form, with his arm outstreched and just blindly pointing in any direction you move the wiimote.  They really need to address that kind of 'visual' style too.

Oh yes, the only reason I have not brought that up is because I assume Nintendo will implement some kind of supplementary animation to make that posture seem less artifical. There is really no way to keep it the way it is and not ruin the player's sense of immersion.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
theprof00 said:

I understand your points but I must also say that nobody really talks about wipeout. Zelda is topical, that's why I talk about it. It's always on people's lips. Wipeout isn't.And besides, I still play the games. I've played all the newest ones, and I'll probably play this one. How am I immature?

You're a more convincing writer and more knowledgeable on the subject, so I'm not going to bother arguing my feeling with the little idiosyncrasies that seperate the game. I'm just one person who thinks the games aren't what they could be.

I also hate the mentality that you have where you basically write "You are wrong for this reason, this reason, and this reason,......idiot"

No one is calling you an idiot, but the fact is the thread was originally about the visual style and the refining is what's taking so long and it has somehow lead into you going on about how every 3D zelda seems to be OoT all over again (which was for the most part just LttP if you want to get this whole formula debate going) more or less I was asking why do you care and why bring it up in this thread, how about bringing it up in your Sorcery >>> Zelda thread? 

Honestly though people like Khuutra asked you of your opinion and what was wrong/similar and all you do is post pictures... but you could post pictures of a lot of games that look similar but play completely different with a different story, etc.  

More or less it's like, why discuss a game you're obviously not willing to go into detail about why you believe what you believe rather take issue with anyone that asks you to elaborate on specific reasons why and try to play the victim card... when the original topic wasn't even discussing the formula or how it's gotten stale.

you're right. I was off-topic, responding to a post that started with a picture of miyamoto saying oot and mm were stale and nintendo fans can't make up their minds over which games they like.

I guess your problem is that you can't figure out when someone's responding to the op and when they're responding to a post. I understand it's hard. But keep an eye out for little quote windows in their post, and read the context of them to get an idea what's going on. That's how i do it.

Your second problem is that you can't mind your own business. I was talking to khuutra. We get each other. we have a lot of similar tastes, and can debate without insulting each other. I find khuutra to be very intelligent, and sometimes, a bit intimidating, especially when he asks for specific reasons for which I haven't thought extensively about. I didn't want to go into detail because he would thrash me with his experience. He's a huge zelda fan.

EDIT: Except khuutras mature enough to make a point without..

And no the picture of Miyamoto was a joke on 4chan how can you even claim it was a statement from him about the series becoming stale, hell the picture only talked about gamers not knowing what they want, I really don't know where you got that silly notion from.

More or less you started the "discussion" with people like cactus and kage848 then khuutra started to ask you to provide some sort of basis for your claims after you drug them into this thread.  I really don't know why you're trying the attacking tone with me since you're the one that brought it into this thread, you're the one not even backing up your claims instead you want to make silly little posts and bring this thread further off topic, and you're the one taking this so seriously.

I see things very literal and what I see is people discussing the visual style, posting a picture of Miyamoto "saying" gamers can't make up their minds on what they like visually, that was the intent of the picture, you made the first post trying to claim every 3D Zelda was OoT with the exception of TWW, what was your intent?  I have no clue, but when you were asked to explain that notion you post pictures that explain nothing that's when khuutra said "you did not pass" cause you said absolutely nothing.  

When you act like that with my view to take your actions quite literally you came into this thread to take it off topic and then not even back up your claims cause you either want to troll or you simply can't back up your claims for whatever reason, it wouldn't be so bad that right after khuutra asked you to back up your claims and then you didn't you tried to play the victim, you can't do that when you're the one bringing the topic into a thread, if I post in a Final Fantasy X thread about how much I dislike that game I have full intent and know someone is likely to ask me to back up that claim which I will gladly provide information on, you simply did not.

So it's like this man, if you want to bring something upon yourself don't try to act like you're a victim, back up what you say or you simply come off looking like you're trying to start shit that didn't need to be started, period.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:

And no the picture of Miyamoto was a joke on 4chan how can you even claim it was a statement from him about the series becoming stale, hell the picture only talked about gamers not knowing what they want, I really don't know where you got that silly notion from.

-

miyamoto never said stale but there are plenty of quotes of him saying they wanted to make something different and go in a new direction and appeal to a different demographic.

-

I see things very literal and what I see is people discussing the visual style, posting a picture of Miyamoto "saying" gamers can't make up their minds on what they like visually, that was the intent of the picture, you made the first post trying to claim every 3D Zelda was OoT with the exception of TWW, what was your intent?  I have no clue, but when you were asked to explain that notion you post pictures that explain nothing that's when khuutra said "you did not pass" cause you said absolutely nothing.  

-

Can you read back what you just wrote in bold, and then explain to me how I did something wrong?

theprof00 said:

MaxwellGT2000 said:

-

miyamoto never said stale but there are plenty of quotes of him saying they wanted to make something different and go in a new direction and appeal to a different demographic.

-

-

Can you read back what you just wrote in bold, and then explain to me how I did something wrong?

theprof00 said:

theprof00 said:

It's more like:

Make Ocarina of time. Everyone likes it.
Make Ocarine of time:MajorasMask. Everyone likes it, but feel need for something different.
Make WW. Everyone hated it.
Make Ocarina of time:Twilight Princess. Everyone hates it. So tired of Ocarina of time, now thankful for having something different in Wind Waker.
Make Ocarina of time:Skyward Sword. Everyone hates it. So tired of Ocarina of time, now just thankful for having an artstyle change.

That's how I see it.

I think it's safe to say that all those games are very similar to each other.

Look at the first zeldas and how they evolved and tell me that recently zelda hasn't stagnated. To tell the truth, I would love to play a top down 2d zelda again with some creativity to make it more modern.

In fact a new one similar to adventures of link would be great. Just without the switch in screen. Just drop the camera to ground level, go into "over the shoulder cam" and fight a group of monsters in that way. Have some areas as side scrolling at an angle and some lazer shooting swording again.

theprof00 said:
Khuutra said:

Outline the elements which make all the 3D Zeldas so similar, while differentiating the 2D games from those same conventions. Do it in two paragraphs or less.

Also I am glad yyou have nothing to do with Nintendo's decision-making process

You don't like adventures of link? What?

I'd rather use pictures:

vs

Claiming that all the games are OoT over again and then being asked to explain yourself... then you don't...

Khuutra says you failed to make your point and you play the victim card

theprof00 said:

I'm sorry khuutra, I don't mean to attack zelda. It's just those last pictures look extremely similar, and the first three do not.

Really it's just annoying when you do and say things like that and don't back it up with anything.  There's a reason why a content rule was created that said to not just state you don't like _______ or post pictures but to explain yourself and explain why, cause that deepens discussion and it stops situations where people go "I Just don't like Zelda anymore"... or at least it's supposed to... technically you're supposed to say "I don't like Zelda due to ________ which I can prove my point by ________, ________, and _________ as examples, I just hope the next one changes this up" or some such, that's just an example, but most people willing to go into a discussion go in willing to offer reasonings and explanations for their claims.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't like (recent) Zeldas (with the exception to wind waker) due to (similar gameplay and style) which I can prove my point by (use of the same kinds of items, albeit in different packages like the zora mask/steel boots/iron boots) , (same camera angles and movement, all shoulder cam or fixed cam with some FPS cam, takes place in a large overworld), and (same things to do, Poe hunting, beat dungeon->collect item->use item to unlock new dungeon->beat dungeon, epona stuff, rubies and hearts in grass) as examples, I just hoped the next one would have changed this up.

theprof00 said:

I don't like (recent) Zeldas (with the exception to wind waker) due to (similar gameplay and style) which I can prove my point by (use of the same kinds of items, albeit in different packages like the zora mask/steel boots/iron boots) , (same camera angles and movement, all shoulder cam or fixed cam with some FPS cam, takes place in a large overworld), and (same things to do, Poe hunting, beat dungeon->collect item->use item to unlock new dungeon->beat dungeon, epona stuff, rubies and hearts in grass) as examples, I just hoped the next one would have changed this up.

Other than showing off the core gameplay mechanics we have no idea how the formula has been changed up, dungeons laid out, or how the added elements have changed things, so I believe it's a bit too soon to be writing it off as a OoT clone.

And that is a better post that is more sensible that doesn't seem so vague that it could come off as you're just trying to hate on the game/series and you're not trying to blame everyone else for getting upset with you.  Thank you, that's all that's required to have a sensible discussion even if it is off the topic of the OP