By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Real E3 Winner is...

noname2200 said:

BP wins the Corporation contest?

obviously, more press coverage the better right

Around the Network
irstupid said:
noname2200 said:

BP wins the Corporation contest?

obviously, more press coverage the better right

It's objective!

bluesinG said:

Huh? Here are my Google news counts.

Nintendo e3 2010: 4410 results
Microsoft e3 2010: 4090 results
Sony e3 2010: 3980 results

Nintendo wins?

Also, searching for [nintendo microsoft sony e3 2010] yields 1530 results that mention all three companies. So subtracting out those shared results, we get...

Nintendo: 2880 results
Microsoft: 2560 results
Sony: 2450 results

Nintendo 4554

Microsoft 4119

Sony 4036

Done 12:30 PM EDT (UTC-4) on 18 June 2010.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

That's such a failed methodology.

It's a pity I don't have the time, the energy or the english  language aknowledgement to prove it. But I think it suffices to mention that you somehow already know it when you say "Yes, this is only a quantitative measurement...".

Not only is quantitative: its only one of the there hundreds of  quantitative indicators on which we could rely on, not to mention qualitative. You also forget many decisions you made that have a huge impact on the result (words chosen, period of time of significative importance chosen, source of measurement chosen).

I think what you did was very valuable (coming up with the idea of googling the companies in order to have a indicator of how things worked for N, MS and S). But you are wrong when you try to convince us that your methodology is flawless and there's no point in discussing which the "winner" of E3 was.

As someone before said, I clicked in order to read "everyone".

Around the Network
mike_intellivision said:

Nintendo 4554

Microsoft 4119

Sony 4036

Mike from Morgantown

We'r talking about worldwide data not data from Morgantown

Darth from Doggietown

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
mike_intellivision said:

Nintendo 4554

Microsoft 4119

Sony 4036

Mike from Morgantown

We'r talking about worldwide data not data from Morgantown

Darth from Doggietown

What a horrible name for a town. Doggietown....seriously darth just move. 

binary solo said:

I did a simple search of Google News "E3 2010 Microsoft", then "E3 2010 Nintendo", then "E3 2010 Sony". The results of those searches are:

Microsoft: 4813 news hist

Nintendo: 4305news hits

Sony: 4268 news hits

mike_intellivision said:

Nintendo 4554

Microsoft 4119

Sony 4036

Mike from Morgantown

So between the two searches, almost 700 news outlet pulled the news for MS and 232 for Sony while 249 added the news for Nintendo.

What a change in 16 hours... and if we search it again tomorrow, maybe we would decalre a different winner again.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

ArnoldRimmer said:
binary solo said:

Getting the best response from a press conference means having the most news media report on you. MS has had more news media reporting on it at E3 than Ninty and Sony, therefore MS got more of what it wanted from its press conference than the other 2.

First of all: Of course Microsoft has been mentioned most. They had two press events while Sony and Nintendo only had one.

But anyway, it doesn't matter which company has been mentioned most, because there's a huge error in your reasoning. You make the assumption that being mentioned in the media is automatically positive for that company and that every time being mentioned has the same value. I wonder if BP currently subscribes to this point of view? ;) In contrast to Sony and Nintendo, Kinect had lots of negative press coverage, for example saying that they were only showing Wii rip-offs, that Kinect doesn't work if you're sitting, that many people were disappointed by the games they were showing etc. That's press coverage too, but not the kind of press coverage Microsoft wants.

/end

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Sony''s press conference  because they released new hardware (Plastaion (R) Move) , Awesome new games (LBP2, Killozne 3, Socom 4, Portal 2, Grand Turismo 5, and Sorcery ), new software updates (Playstation (R) Plus, and Sterioscopic 3d )