By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Real E3 Winner is...

Microsoft.

Taking an objective measure of which company got the biggest bang for their buck out of E3 (discounting that MS probably spent way more bucks than the other 2; Cirque du Soleil can't have been cheap to hire) I believe Microsoft did the best. Sony is the loser by a small margin.

What was my objective measure? Google News.

I did a simple search of Google News "E3 2010 Microsoft", then "E3 2010 Nintendo", then "E3 2010 Sony". The results of those searches are:

Microsoft: 4813 news hist

Nintendo: 4305news hits

Sony: 4268 news hits

Kinect wins E3 over 3DS and Playstation Move in terms of generating the most news media coverage. I suggest the real winner of any conference such as E3 is the company that gets the most mainstream news coverage, not the one who the industry pundits and forum dwellers think put on the best show / had the most killer games / was hardcore enough / has the best tech / had the hottest booth babes.

Yes, this is only a quantitative measurement, it doesn't measure the quality of what's in the news media about each company atE3 and their respective new hardware they showed off. It's possible that MS has proportionally more negative news articles than the other 2 given some of the reactions from people on this forum, but even so I doubt it's as much to wipe out the >500 hit lead MS has over Nintendo.

So there you have it, a totally objective measure of who won E3. Do you have a better objective measure (gaming forum polls are not particularly objective)? If so does it yeild a different result?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Google isn't the only search engine in the world.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Another measure is interest, I did a thread earlier today showing a comparison of google searches for Nintendo 3DS vs Microsoft Kinect vs Sony Move. Alternatively you can take out the corporation names (which gives a massive bias to Move but one that is easy to account for visually).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I thought this was going to be a thread with EVERYONE because now all consoles have motion controls and good games coming out.

Also if you look at G4 TV the most popular video is the microsoft conference. Hmm.

So.... Google determines who wins E3?

Around the Network

I typed  '3ds' and 'kinetic' in google and got slightly different results.

Nintendo still wins.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

... Kirby!  No one else comes close to be an EPIC YARN!

Yard Cutness > all!

dtewi said:

Google isn't the only search engine in the world.

yea let's see what Bing would say..lol

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

This is getting sadder each passing  day.

Did they search 3DS?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
-PaNdOrA- said:

So.... Google determines who wins E3?

It seems so. In fact, I'm gonna check who won in 2008.