By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: GT5 has too much detail.. good enough for PS"4" budget revealed

Looks like I may be becoming the Selnor version of GT5! According to Yamauchi GT5 has too much detail, the game has OVER 1000 CARS (not 950-1000) and they put too much detail into the game.. oh and the budget for the game's production was a mere $60 MILLION dollars..

"too much detail"

http://kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turismo-5-might-have-too-much-detail

good enough for playstation "4"

http://www.videogameszone.de/Gran-Turismo-5-PS3-133781/News/Gran-Turismo-5-E3-Preview-Die-Grafik-ist-schon-jetzt-auf-Playstation-4-Niveau-754608/2/

the game uses advanced head tracking, and is capable of running 3D at 1080p resolution

mM
Around the Network

first thing i plan to do in gt5. scroll through all 1000 cars to pick my fav.

There's no such thing as too much detail. He's just sounding like someone whose made something and is thinking, "Did i overdo it?" because of wtv insecurities he might have about it.

As for the head trackign and 3d stuff you were talking about in your other thread, that really interests me. I need to experience how good that actually is. I wanna be blown away too!!

So do I.. I wish best buy had a demo of PS MOVE and GT5 and all that good stuff.

mM

They profited on Prologue alone. That's stunning.

leo-j said:

So do I.. I wish best buy had a demo of PS MOVE and GT5 and all that good stuff.

if the experience is as good as they say it is, then i think you can expect that kinda stuff everywhere. And you can expect me there, trying it out.

I remember when the wii came out and the main plaza's of several malls had big screens surrounded by ppl trying wii sports. Something like the head tracking and 3D can be a huge attraction if its as good as they say

Around the Network

This is definitely SONY's most expensive game to date. Good thing they had Prologue to offset a lot of the costs.

4 ≈ One

That seems like a low number compared to the amount of detail (number of cars etc.), how good it looks, and how long it took to finally finish. I mean Red Dead Redemption cost $80m and it looks great but not photo-realistic like GT5. Makes me think Rockstar charged themselves too much. Actually getting excited for GT5 now, though we have a release date. 

smargavio said:

That seems like a low number compared to the amount of detail (number of cars etc.), how good it looks, and how long it took to finally finish. I mean Red Dead Redemption cost $80m and it looks great but not photo-realistic like GT5. Makes me think Rockstar charged themselves too much. Actually getting excited for GT5 now, though we have a release date. 

Either Rockstar is doing hollywood accounting (which I wouldn't discount) or Sony is doing the opposite.

Rath said:
smargavio said:

Either Rockstar is doing hollywood accounting (which I wouldn't discount) or Sony is doing the opposite.

Yeah, I wouldn't discount that, either. Especially considering GT5 had to be build on an engine from scratch. Somebody is cooking the books over at Rockstar San Diego. 

Sure it is Yamauchi.

We'll know how good Gran Turismo for Ps4 is in about 20 years.

Can't believe it just 4 months left till GT5 lands!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey