By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: GT5 has too much detail.. good enough for PS"4" budget revealed

don't worry guys you'll be able to buy all 800 car interrior via dlc for 1.99$ each

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

what does interior view mean

Dgc1808 said:

This is definitely SONY's most expensive game to date. Good thing they had Prologue to offset a lot of the costs.

Killzone 2...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

60 million? GT5P should cover that

$60 Million?!?  Insane.  That's not too impressive though.  Get that scaled down for Wii with 2 courses and 5 good cars and I'll be REALLY impressed. lol

This game should sell like crazy or it's gonna be sad.

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

60mln$, almost 7 years in development and still 800 cars were just ported and reskinned GT4 models.

So those 200 Premium Cars are probably the best which ever existed they said one person needs ONE MONTH to model one of those cars. And the Gt4 car models were really good they had to decrease the quality of the models to make it PS2 ready. The car models of GT4 are still very very good. This game will look fantastic and I bet most people wont even recognize the difference between premium and standard car models. GT5 will probably look better in almost every point then any Racing game on Consoles. PD are uberperfectionists. And thats why they couldnt do the 1000 Cars in super quality most people wont even detect the differences.They cant spend 15 years for one game to make all cars super quality and btw the not premium car models will still look better then Forza 3 Car models I am sure. I cant imagine that there will be a huge drop off in quality between the models so I think that the differences will be minor. The Forza trees might be better but the car models of GT5 no matter if premium or not will definetly better if the picture I have from PD is correct.

All people who try to bring GT5 down would hype it extremly if it would be for their favorite console its like always. But I am sure GT5 will deliever in every aspect and it will be a legendary game probably the definitive realistic racing game his gen.

Again to the GT4 car models they scaled them down in all aspects just search some stuff about it the quality of those models was still great. I doubt they wont use the models of GT5 in GT6 anymore since they have such a high quality.

I wonder how people can critisize that not all models are premium and still have problems that it takes so long to release that game. Almost everything in GT5 (except trees) is above the average then there are 200 Cars which are lightyears above the average and people are critizising that not all cars are lightyears above the average even though the rest is still better then in other racing games. I bet GT5 will deliever way more then all of the other racing games but Sony haters will still find stuff which they can critisize. In the end it there matters just the end result and just because they use GT4 Car models that doesnt mean the Cars will look like GT4 in high res. I know ofcouse this happens also viceversa but its stupid no matter which side says it. Wait for the final game and I doubt there will be stuff which is under average in the game. It will probably outshine all other racing sims in 95% of the things.

I bet that most developers will reach the point where they modeled a perfect object and cant improve it anymore since it looks perfect. I also believe that the high res models which are used for GT5 are still downscaled in a lot of points for the PS3 and show much less details on the PS3. Such models have tens of Gigabytes. And they have to be reduced even for PS4. And GT4 models are maybe less detailed then  GT5 models but are still good enough to be used for PS3.

Half of the people here have no idea what are they talking about. And there is no official response from Sony or PD themselves, the off Jap site have been mistranslated many times before. And gamespot contraindicts this with their hands on demo and interview with PD employees at the E3.

This is all just a speculation, so don't get retarded just yet.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Well, the kotaku link at the beginning of the thread wrote tht standard cars will have interior modelled, but just standard interiors:

http://kotaku.com/5565396/gran-turismo-5-might-have-too-much-detail

"The Standard cars apparently won't have the exact interior modeling. For example, an Enzo's interior will look like the real deal, but your typical Mustang's will look like exactly like Mustang's."

I think they will include some sort of standard interior for the 800 standard cars, but the premium cars will be modelled exactly as the original. I guess we will find out some days before the release when the first reviews come.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

If the standard cars do not have cockpit which i highly doubt then i am not purchasing this game full price

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st