By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: GT5 has too much detail.. good enough for PS"4" budget revealed

Well, about 200 cars have too much detail, the other 800 are less detailed and have no cockpits.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:

Well, about 200 cars have too much detail, the other 800 are less detailed and have no cockpits.

lol.  I was about to say, I'm not sure PS4 owners would really appreciate 800 upscaled PS2 car models...

jarrod said:
JaggedSac said:

lol.  I was about to say, I'm not sure PS4 owners would really appreciate 800 upscaled PS2 car models...

they aren't upscaled, they are completely re modeled..

mM
leo-j said:

the game uses advanced head tracking, and is capable of running 3D at 1080p resolution

3D at 1080p rez is this for real ?

leo-j said:
jarrod said:
JaggedSac said:

they aren't upscaled, they are completely re modeled..

They're based on the PS2 models, as in not remodeled.  It's a matter of addition, not restarting ground up.

Still, I'm surprised there's not more outrage about it from GT fans.  After 5 years, using PS2 models at all is pretty shameless... Polyphony should've just contracted out some of the work if they couldn't manage it themselves.

Around the Network

they are remodeled.. its not just ps2 models.. its every single car from GT1-GTPSP, it is starting from the ground up.

Also people aren't complaining because the interior models are the most detailed perfected thing in a racing game period..

mM
leo-j said:

they are remodeled.. its not just ps2 models.. its every single car from GT1-GTPSP, it is starting from the ground up.

No, they're not.  They're reusing PS2 base models that are being "filled out" and retextured.  They're still PS2 base though, PS2 assets are literally being reused.

They still look good, great in fact, but they're not "ground up" for PS3.

Holy shit, this game is enormous. 3D at 1080p? Wow. Over 1000 cars! Damn this sounds good enough to skip GT5 and be called GT6.

JaggedSac said:

Where did you pull this info from?  Where did PD say that 800 of their cars will have no cockpits

Vetteman94 said:
JaggedSac said:

Where did you pull this info from?  Where did PD say that 800 of their cars will have no cockpits

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398721