By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yamauchi: GT5 has too much detail.. good enough for PS"4" budget revealed

Khuutra said:
JerCotter7 said:
Khuutra said:

I think they are, actually, but I don't kknow - I admit I don't follow Gran Turismo. You could look it up, maybe? Is there a list of the Premium cars?

So basically your just trolling GT5?

Not unless we have two very different understandings of that word, no.

Oh that was jarrod. Sorry about that, got mixed up.

Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
Khuutra said:

It's cool, no worries.

Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

I think they are, actually, but I don't kknow - I admit I don't follow Gran Turismo. You could look it up, maybe? Is there a list of the Premium cars?

No they arent,  the Mustang has been listed as a Standard car many times but was in GT5P with a cockpit view

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gran-turismo-5-e3-2010-hands-on This article was linked on GAF, seems to confirm no cockpit view for Standard cars.

From the article...

"The 200 premium cars that take the final count past the 1000 mark are something else, however. The premiums have been lavished with a slightly worrying amount of detail - every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching (standard cars won't have interiors, which is a bit sad, but there are, like, 800 of them), and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions."

That really SUCKS!!!  Come on!! Forza 3 has over 400 fully modeled cars. At least all of the other featuers are looking awesome.  But my excitement level for this game just went down.   

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

No they arent,  the Mustang has been listed as a Standard car many times but was in GT5P with a cockpit view

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gran-turismo-5-e3-2010-hands-on This article was linked on GAF, seems to confirm no cockpit view for Standard cars.

Well they say no interiors,  which could mean that there are talking about the trunk and engine bays.  Which would be true since there is only cosmetic damage for those 800 cars and not panel separation like there is for the premium cars.  

I will wait until it is completely confirmed by Sony or PD themselves.  But thanks for the link

JerCotter7 said:
Khuutra said:
JerCotter7 said:
Khuutra said:

So basically your just trolling GT5?

Yeah, I was the one (or one of the ones) trolling GT5.  Sorry. :(

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

Well they say no interiors,  which could mean that there are talking about the trunk and engine bays.  Which would be true since there is only cosmetic damage for those 800 cars and not panel separation like there is for the premium cars.  

I will wait until it is completely confirmed by Sony or PD themselves.  But thanks for the link

I thought that could be the reason too then i remembered head tracking means you would have to model more than just a single drivers viewpoint if you allow head movement in the cockpit view.  Will be interesting as it's rather vague (probably intentionally) at this time.

slowmo said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:
Vetteman94 said:
Khuutra said:

I thought that could be the reason too then i remembered head tracking means you would have to model more than just a single drivers viewpoint if you allow head movement in the cockpit view.  Will be interesting as it's rather vague (probably intentionally) at this time.

Well it could be they use just a very basic looking cockpit design. 

I agree with the vague comment,  why must they do this.

200 cars fully modeled interior and exterior

800 cars fully modeled exterior

--------------

200 cars with high and low beam headlights

800 cars with standard headlights

--------------

So there's the basic breakdown of the Premium cars (200), vs. the Standard cars(800).

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

AlkamistStar said:

200 cars fully modeled interior and exterior

800 cars fully modeled exterior

--------------

200 cars with high and low beam headlights

800 cars with standard headlights

--------------

So there's the basic breakdown of the Premium cars (200), vs. the Standard cars(800).

"Fully modeled" for the standard cars is misleading - they seem to use PS2 wireframes.

As confirmed in a note on the Japanese site, the 800 “standard cars” in the game will not have interior view or high-beam headlights

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-gt5-details-confirmed-by-polyphony-digital/

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E