tagged 4 later

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Darc Requiem said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:

And the fact that you took that out of context from the rest of what I saying is absolutely amazing. e.e

Edit: Aw. What the hell. Might as well give you the ammunition you're looking for to argue with me since I watched the whole video and people are over reacting like they did last time as well.

She stated that if you're not a Nintendo fan, you won't really like the conference. Do you honestly think that's not true? I'm a Nintendo fan. And I loved the conference. My bf likes Nintendo but is more Sony bias and he enjoyed a few announcements. My friend who only owns a PS3 and a 360 ONLY LIKED 1 game mentioned. Does that mean he's got a stupid opinion? No. It's just his preference. I did give him hell about it, but it wasn't calling him names like "bitch" or asinine immature statements like that.

The DS versions of games are rarely as popular as the HD versions of the same games if they are more "adult oriented." The same goes for the PSP versions of games as well. It's not really her trolling because it's the truth. She's voicing a general opinion that a lot of people share with her? How do I know? Why don't you check the numbers on the portable versions of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty in comparison to the HD versions?

She says she likes Golden Sun and Mario & Luigi games for the DS (which she is stating because Golden Sun was a game mentioned she actually wants to play. I'm assuming she meant Paper Mario when she said M&L but I know that assuming things is wrong automatically on this board so I guess I shouldn't even bother with it).

The worst thing I heard her say was that she "did not like the first zelda game on the Wii" and her blatant remarks about hating the controller style of the game, which again, there are a lot of people who don't like motion controls.

You guys really overexaggerate when somebody doesn't like a system and they're on TV. She doesn't get paid to be unbias. She gets paid to talk about video games. She also didn't act as though she was too fond of Sony or Microsoft's conferences either. "We thought they would get that out of their system. And they were going to talk about grown up games but that didn't happen" about Microsofts conference.

She said, more or less, "Since I do not like Nintendo, I think their mature games are worse just because it's Nintendo."

Ehhh.... that's trolling. I mean, no way it isn't.

Because she stated that she likes playing HD versions of games? Yes. That's definitely trolling. :/ Try comparing the sales of the HD versions of games to the Wii versions of games. When I was looking through the only real exceptions I found where the Wii sales > HD sales were Lego, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 3 (Wii>Ps3 version), and Tiger Woods. The majority of the other titles sell a lot better on HD consoles. Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is about 60k short of outselling all 5 Wii RE games totaled. Modern Warfare for the xbox 360 has outsold EVERY Wii and DS call of duty combined (So 6 games). Her opinion seems to be similar to a lot of other people to be honest. It's not that Nintendo doesn't have amazing games, it's just that when it comes to "mature" titles, people seem to prefer the HD version, whether it's because the Wii version was screwed up or just a lack of interest, it's still a general consensus.

She never said that she liked the HD versions more, or even the console ones.

She said she didn't like playing it on NINTENDO platforms, if she had said that she didn't like playing hardcore games on Handhelds in general it would've made a lot more sense.

Axumblade is doing the same thing he did in the other thread about Morgan Webb's comments. He's arguing what he thinks she meant versus what she actually said. 

She didn't exactly have much time to really talk about her opinion on the matter, which is why dtewi and I ended in a stalemate because neither of us know if she was just thinking "I HATE NINTENDO!" or if there was more to it. All we are presented with are short answers. I don't think she was even given enough time to go into detail on anything because it's not just "Morgan's Opinion Show." There's 4 people discussing the events. It's not all about her.

Yet she is the only one that keeps putting her foot in her mouth. Why is it that she is the only one that seems to lack the ability to express her opinion adequately in the time allotted? Both times she's said something that makes no sense, both times she was asked a follow question to give her a chance to explain herself in further detail and both times she ended saying something even more moronic. Until she actually says something with a tenth of the depth of the speculative argument you give on her behalf, It is fitting to actually judge her by her words and not what she could have possibly meant.

Jesus, I was avoiding this thread but I just accidentally clicked on it and couldn't turn my head away from the trainwreck of the first 20 posts or so.  (I haven't read anything after that).

Could we maybe just not create any more Morgan Webb threads?  I really like the Nintendo fans on this site, but some of you guys scare the shit out of me in these threads

dtewi said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i don't see that as a reason to care? im a nintendo fan and as long as great games come out for nintendos platform. i don't care what anybody has to say about it.

on that note. i respect the fact that she dosn't like nintendo and grew out of them.

more Mario for me.

She's a gaming journalist and a fangirl.

She shouldn't be on G4 with that hideous amount of irrational bias.

gamers are bias everyday. i still don't see the diff. both Morgan and Adam still hate dragonballz games. im still not sure it matters how they fill about the games. she has the validity because thats how she fills. now if she says this next yr than shes just being unreasonable and won't let it die, and than i'll have a problem with it.

when someone like Ebert say's games arn't art it's not going to change what you like or beleave so why does this chick's coments (or opinion) cause so mutch controversy.

Alic0004 said:

Jesus, I was avoiding this thread but I just accidentally clicked on it and couldn't turn my head away from the trainwreck of the first 20 posts or so.  (I haven't read anything after that).

Could we maybe just not create any more Morgan Webb threads?  I really like the Nintendo fans on this site, but some of you guys scare the shit out of me in these threads

i was saying the same thing.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

"She's probably screwing the crew there to remain employed."

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

You're the one sexist here. Are you implying that men can't sleep their way up?

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

So, you agreed that's a possibility and that you were wrong to assume otherwise?

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Your comment was sexist. It is a chauvinstic response to a successful woman (and she IS successful despite her blunder) that she must have "screw[ed] the crew there to remain employed".  Don't lie and say your response would be the same if it were a man instead. I've already explained it enough, and even dtewi agreed your comment was sexist. The End.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

chriscox1121 said:

why don't they just fire her

I think you mean put her on fire

axumblade said:
Darc Requiem said:
axumblade said:
Darc Requiem said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:

She never said that she liked the HD versions more, or even the console ones.

She said she didn't like playing it on NINTENDO platforms, if she had said that she didn't like playing hardcore games on Handhelds in general it would've made a lot more sense.

Axumblade is doing the same thing he did in the other thread about Morgan Webb's comments. He's arguing what he thinks she meant versus what she actually said. 

She didn't exactly have much time to really talk about her opinion on the matter, which is why dtewi and I ended in a stalemate because neither of us know if she was just thinking "I HATE NINTENDO!" or if there was more to it. All we are presented with are short answers. I don't think she was even given enough time to go into detail on anything because it's not just "Morgan's Opinion Show." There's 4 people discussing the events. It's not all about her.

Yet she is the only one that keeps putting her foot in her mouth. Why is it that she is the only one that seems to lack the ability to express her opinion adequately in the time allotted? Both times she's said something that makes no sense, both times she was asked a follow question to give her a chance to explain herself in further detail and both times she ended saying something even more moronic. Until she actually says something with a tenth of the depth of the speculative argument you give on her behalf, It is fitting to actually judge her by her words and not what she could have possibly meant.

Because she's the only one who doesn't like Nintendo that was on the board and therefore the only person you guys seem to care about that's on the board... There really is no point in arguing with you guys since obviously you will automatically assume she has no other thought besides hate toward Nintendo.

She managed to say she was excited about a game at E3 but then again, she hates everything about Nintendo as you guys seem to keep enjoying what to say. I'm done with this thread now. So please don't bother replying. I'm not Kylie looking for a way out because I do not agree with what she's saying. I'm merely trying to add a bit of perspective into an otherwise "burn the witch" thread.

Don't lump me in with these "you guys" you speak of. I don't care which platform maker is the subject the point is not Nintendo. The point is that a supposed video game journalist doesn't like games not based on their content but the platform they are on. If you stopped trying to play devil's advocate for a second and think about the real issue here you would get that. That is the epitome of fanboyism and should not be tolerated. The Wii isn't even my favorite console. The 360 is. Hell my games library shows this to be true. People gets so caught up in fanboy BS they don't see the forest for the trees. Take off the fanboy googles, look at the logic behind the argument presented, and give a honest opinion of the facts at hand. 

The majority of this thread is running circles. Half the people didn't watch the video or think this is about the right to express an opinion. It is not. Some of us hold gaming journalists to a higher standard than a random forum troll.

spiffiness said:

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Your comment was sexist. It is a chauvinstic response to a successful woman (and she IS successful despite her blunder) that she must have "screw[ed] the crew there to remain employed".  Don't lie and say your response would be the same if it were a man instead. I've already explained it enough, and even dtewi agreed your comment was sexist. The End.

He's just been teasing you, I'm sure.

spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

"She's probably screwing the crew there to remain employed."

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

You're the one sexist here. Are you implying that men can't sleep their way up?

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

So, you agreed that's a possibility and that you were wrong to assume otherwise?

I think you're the one trying to spin it.

Are you implying only women can sleep their way up? Aren't that exactly what sexist is? Namely, against men.

What do you have against men?

And let me try to make it clearer for you.

Anyone can sleep their way up, regardless of gender. (Provided, they most likely have to at least look shaggable.)