By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

"She's probably screwing the crew there to remain employed."

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

You're the one sexist here. Are you implying that men can't sleep their way up?

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

Around the Network
axumblade said:
c0rd said:

Wait, what does this have to do with not liking mature titles on the 3DS?

The exact quote, when Adam asks whether 3rd party support on the 3DS might entice Morgan's interest : "I feel a little disappointed when I'm playing these mature titles on Nintendo platforms... I feel like I could just get so much more if I were playing it on a different system."

Things like Shooterbox 360 and Delaystation would have nothing to do with this. If Fable came out for the Xbox and Morgan Webb loved it, she wouldn't be thinking, "If only this was on a console with less shooters on it..." If she played MH3 on the Wii and wished it were in HD on Xbox Live, that's one thing, but again, we're talking about the 3DS (which is better equipped than the PSP) here.

Basically, she fucked up, and there's really no defending this. It's hard to tell if this is genuinely what she meant or not, but since what she said is out there, people go by it. If she said something like, "I feel disappointed when playing games on handhelds, as HD consoles have more potential," then that'd be something else entirely.

Ugh. No offense but your comment made me want to throw a controller through my screen.

1. It is exactly like a "shooterbox" and a "delaystation" because they are misconceptions that people use to justify reasons for not liking things. I.E. People who don't like the Xbox 360 can use the excuse that it is mainly focused on SHOOTERS. People who don't like the PS3, can also work under the misconception that it's a DELAYSTATION because GRAN TURISMO was announced about 4-5 years ago. People associate NINTENDO with those fun games that are FAMILY ORIENTED, which isn't bad but in peoples minds, who aren't really big fans of the systems anyways will say they don't make MATURE GAMES. And she obviously feels like the other systems offer her a different experience, which is true because they have completely different control schemes, different texture levels, and various other things, which she would have to say for herself about how she feels about them because I am not Morgan Webb.

2. How the hell is she going to "like mature games on the 3DS" if she has never played Mature games on the 3DS? From what it sounded like, only 1 or 2 of them got hands-on experience with the system and he played Pilot Wings, something that's not really something i view as a "kiddy" game but it's far from "Mature" in the sense that Morgan would be referring (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid). That's why I was relating it back to the DS and the Wii because those are the most recent consoles she has experience with involving Nintendo.

3. There are a lot of worse things that can and will be said about Nintendo then her not enjoying the games. She was talking about HERSELF. She wasn't saying "NINTENDO FANS ARE STUPID BECAUSE THEY LIKE A KIDDY CONSOLE!" No. She was talking about her opinion on the matter.

Hrm... that all still looks unrelated to me, so I'll try getting the point across once more, if you don't mind.

Imagine a scenario where Nintendo actually revealed a new console, a Wii HD (more powerful than the PS3) this E3, complete with all their old franchises (DK, Kirby, Kid Icarus). Now, imagine new games like MGS, DoA, and other core third party titles were announced for this Wii HD. Going by her quote I highlighted in my previous post, the following convo would be in line with what she thinks:

Adam: So, what do you think about that Wii HD?
Morgan: ehhh, I'm not a big Nintendo fan, so I'm not very hyped for the system.
Adam: Well, there are other core titles like MGS, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona coming for the system, does that help your interest any?
Morgan: ehhh, I don't like playing mature games on Nintendo systems, the potential is wasted...

Nintendo fans: W...T...F?

I say the Shooterbox / Delaystation thing isn't relevant because she wasn't saying she doesn't like the current games on Nintendo consoles in general, she was basically saying any mature titles on Nintendo consoles are wasted potential. However, this doesn't make sense since the console in question (3DS) essentially has PSP graphics, but in 3D, on top of other goodies, so it's the most equipped handheld.

As for #3, I know it's her opinion, but what she said basically meant that she dislikes Nintendo so much, that she doesn't want to see her precious third party games wasted on the system, even if it's on the most capable hardware out there. Personally, I think she wasn't actually answering Adam's question, because she just didn't want to compliment Nintendo (had to press on with the hate!), so she ignored him and just continued on her rant (even if it was completely unrelated), and ended up in this misunderstanding.

At least, I hope that's the case... she'd remain a Nintendo hater, but not one so biased that she couldn't even enjoy games solely because their name is on the system.

spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

"She's probably screwing the crew there to remain employed."

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

You're the one sexist here. Are you implying that men can't sleep their way up?

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

So, you agreed that's a possibility and that you were wrong to assume otherwise?

Look she doesn't care about those franchises so its fine if she thought ninty's one was meh.

Its not for her, thats fine even though I wanna force her to play DKC on SNES and lock her ina  room till she says she enjoys it

Kinect isn't for a lot of you, you guys flamed the hell out of it.

Her comments on SMG2 were silly

Her comments here are fine.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Look she doesn't care about those franchises so its fine if she thought ninty's one was meh.

Its not for her, thats fine even though I wanna force her to play DKC on SNES and lock her ina  room till she says she enjoys it

Question how are comments about SMG2 silly when shes essentially said something even more stupid on this video?  

Mature games on Nintendo consoles don't appeal to her cause they're on Nintendo consoles... thats exactly what she said, how does Snake Eater PS2 go from appealing to Snake Eater 3D not appealing?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Question how are comments about SMG2 silly when shes essentially said something even more stupid on this video?  

Mature games on Nintendo consoles don't appeal to her cause they're on Nintendo consoles... thats exactly what she said, how does Snake Eater PS2 go from appealing to Snake Eater 3D not appealing?

When did she say that?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

When did she say that?

The quote can be found verbatim in this post. I agree with you, besides what she said there, nothing seems to bad as something as baseless as "mario seems too cartoony"

that is a fanboy comment through and through, no way to spin it.

it just like if your a say big packers fan and Brett Favre leaves to go to vikings and now you hate bret favre but loved him your whole life.

That is false, you didn't love brett favre you loved the packers, and he just happened to be on the team.  Now there are some people who still like brett favre, and those are true bret favre fans. 

I'm a true say Zelda fan, i could care less what system it is on as long as its good.  And if Webb truly is a fan of say RE, or MGS, then she should not care what system they are on.

axumblade said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:

And the fact that you took that out of context from the rest of what I saying is absolutely amazing. e.e

Edit: Aw. What the hell. Might as well give you the ammunition you're looking for to argue with me since I watched the whole video and people are over reacting like they did last time as well.

She stated that if you're not a Nintendo fan, you won't really like the conference. Do you honestly think that's not true? I'm a Nintendo fan. And I loved the conference. My bf likes Nintendo but is more Sony bias and he enjoyed a few announcements. My friend who only owns a PS3 and a 360 ONLY LIKED 1 game mentioned. Does that mean he's got a stupid opinion? No. It's just his preference. I did give him hell about it, but it wasn't calling him names like "bitch" or asinine immature statements like that.

The DS versions of games are rarely as popular as the HD versions of the same games if they are more "adult oriented." The same goes for the PSP versions of games as well. It's not really her trolling because it's the truth. She's voicing a general opinion that a lot of people share with her? How do I know? Why don't you check the numbers on the portable versions of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty in comparison to the HD versions?

She says she likes Golden Sun and Mario & Luigi games for the DS (which she is stating because Golden Sun was a game mentioned she actually wants to play. I'm assuming she meant Paper Mario when she said M&L but I know that assuming things is wrong automatically on this board so I guess I shouldn't even bother with it).

The worst thing I heard her say was that she "did not like the first zelda game on the Wii" and her blatant remarks about hating the controller style of the game, which again, there are a lot of people who don't like motion controls.

You guys really overexaggerate when somebody doesn't like a system and they're on TV. She doesn't get paid to be unbias. She gets paid to talk about video games. She also didn't act as though she was too fond of Sony or Microsoft's conferences either. "We thought they would get that out of their system. And they were going to talk about grown up games but that didn't happen" about Microsofts conference.

She said, more or less, "Since I do not like Nintendo, I think their mature games are worse just because it's Nintendo."

Ehhh.... that's trolling. I mean, no way it isn't.

Because she stated that she likes playing HD versions of games? Yes. That's definitely trolling. :/ Try comparing the sales of the HD versions of games to the Wii versions of games. When I was looking through the only real exceptions I found where the Wii sales > HD sales were Lego, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 3 (Wii>Ps3 version), and Tiger Woods. The majority of the other titles sell a lot better on HD consoles. Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is about 60k short of outselling all 5 Wii RE games totaled. Modern Warfare for the xbox 360 has outsold EVERY Wii and DS call of duty combined (So 6 games). Her opinion seems to be similar to a lot of other people to be honest. It's not that Nintendo doesn't have amazing games, it's just that when it comes to "mature" titles, people seem to prefer the HD version, whether it's because the Wii version was screwed up or just a lack of interest, it's still a general consensus.

She never said that she liked the HD versions more, or even the console ones.

She said she didn't like playing it on NINTENDO platforms, if she had said that she didn't like playing hardcore games on Handhelds in general it would've made a lot more sense.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
axumblade said:
dtewi said:
axumblade said:

And the fact that you took that out of context from the rest of what I saying is absolutely amazing. e.e

Edit: Aw. What the hell. Might as well give you the ammunition you're looking for to argue with me since I watched the whole video and people are over reacting like they did last time as well.

She stated that if you're not a Nintendo fan, you won't really like the conference. Do you honestly think that's not true? I'm a Nintendo fan. And I loved the conference. My bf likes Nintendo but is more Sony bias and he enjoyed a few announcements. My friend who only owns a PS3 and a 360 ONLY LIKED 1 game mentioned. Does that mean he's got a stupid opinion? No. It's just his preference. I did give him hell about it, but it wasn't calling him names like "bitch" or asinine immature statements like that.

The DS versions of games are rarely as popular as the HD versions of the same games if they are more "adult oriented." The same goes for the PSP versions of games as well. It's not really her trolling because it's the truth. She's voicing a general opinion that a lot of people share with her? How do I know? Why don't you check the numbers on the portable versions of Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty in comparison to the HD versions?

She says she likes Golden Sun and Mario & Luigi games for the DS (which she is stating because Golden Sun was a game mentioned she actually wants to play. I'm assuming she meant Paper Mario when she said M&L but I know that assuming things is wrong automatically on this board so I guess I shouldn't even bother with it).

The worst thing I heard her say was that she "did not like the first zelda game on the Wii" and her blatant remarks about hating the controller style of the game, which again, there are a lot of people who don't like motion controls.

You guys really overexaggerate when somebody doesn't like a system and they're on TV. She doesn't get paid to be unbias. She gets paid to talk about video games. She also didn't act as though she was too fond of Sony or Microsoft's conferences either. "We thought they would get that out of their system. And they were going to talk about grown up games but that didn't happen" about Microsofts conference.

She said, more or less, "Since I do not like Nintendo, I think their mature games are worse just because it's Nintendo."

Ehhh.... that's trolling. I mean, no way it isn't.

Because she stated that she likes playing HD versions of games? Yes. That's definitely trolling. :/ Try comparing the sales of the HD versions of games to the Wii versions of games. When I was looking through the only real exceptions I found where the Wii sales > HD sales were Lego, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty 3 (Wii>Ps3 version), and Tiger Woods. The majority of the other titles sell a lot better on HD consoles. Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 is about 60k short of outselling all 5 Wii RE games totaled. Modern Warfare for the xbox 360 has outsold EVERY Wii and DS call of duty combined (So 6 games). Her opinion seems to be similar to a lot of other people to be honest. It's not that Nintendo doesn't have amazing games, it's just that when it comes to "mature" titles, people seem to prefer the HD version, whether it's because the Wii version was screwed up or just a lack of interest, it's still a general consensus.

She never said that she liked the HD versions more, or even the console ones.

She said she didn't like playing it on NINTENDO platforms, if she had said that she didn't like playing hardcore games on Handhelds in general it would've made a lot more sense.

Axumblade is doing the same thing he did in the other thread about Morgan Webb's comments. He's arguing what he thinks she meant versus what she actually said.