By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More love from Morgan!

Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

"She's probably screwing the crew there to remain employed."

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

You're the one sexist here. Are you implying that men can't sleep their way up?

That's probably the weakest defense you could've come up with. Everyone knows you wouldn't have said that if she were a guy, so who are you trying to kid here? The only reason you chose that particular insult is because she's a woman and you're following a particular female stereotype (that never gets used with males).

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

Granted, reading SaviorX's quote again in context, it's not that bad since he was talking about her liking hardcore, but still.

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

So, you agreed that's a possibility and that you were wrong to assume otherwise?

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Your comment was sexist. It is a chauvinstic response to a successful woman (and she IS successful despite her blunder) that she must have "screw[ed] the crew there to remain employed".  Don't lie and say your response would be the same if it were a man instead. I've already explained it enough, and even dtewi agreed your comment was sexist. The End.

I think you're the one trying to spin it.

Are you implying only women can sleep their way up? Aren't that exactly what sexist is? Namely, against men.

What do you have against men?

And let me try to make it clearer for you.

Anyone can sleep their way up, regardless of gender. (Provided, they most likely have to at least look shaggable.)

Very nicely constructed straw man argument. Unfortunately, there are a few people on these boards who can see two plus two equals four. Stop acting like you're the pinnacle of fairness, when everybody knows that "sleeping your way up" is a stereotype exclusively associated with women. Stereotypes are by definition targeted at a specific group, which in this case is women. The "hey, I never said that it couldn't apply to anyone else!" argument in no way justifies stereotyping.

I loathe when someone takes me for an idiot, so stop acting like nobody has a clue what you're up to.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:
Galaki said:
spiffiness said:

Galaki:

No, but people never use it as a default reaction/insult when a man fails at their job, it's almost exclusively an insult on females. Quit trying to turn it around.

So, you agreed that's a possibility and that you were wrong to assume otherwise?

Your argument doesn't even make sense. Your comment was sexist. It is a chauvinstic response to a successful woman (and she IS successful despite her blunder) that she must have "screw[ed] the crew there to remain employed".  Don't lie and say your response would be the same if it were a man instead. I've already explained it enough, and even dtewi agreed your comment was sexist. The End.

I think you're the one trying to spin it.

Are you implying only women can sleep their way up? Aren't that exactly what sexist is? Namely, against men.

What do you have against men?

And let me try to make it clearer for you.

Anyone can sleep their way up, regardless of gender. (Provided, they most likely have to at least look shaggable.)

Very nicely constructed straw man argument. Unfortunately, there are a few people on these boards who can see two plus two equals four. Stop acting like you're the pinnacle of fairness, when everybody knows that "sleeping your way up" is a stereotype exclusively associated with women. Stereotypes are by definition targeted at a specific group, which in this case is women. The "hey, I never said that it couldn't apply to anyone else!" argument in no way justifies stereotyping.

I loathe when someone takes me for an idiot, so stop acting like nobody has a clue what you're up to.

I don't know about you but it's always the racist people that pull the racist card first when anything happen.

never heard of her before, she's hot, but she can't stop the trolling

This woman does nothing for me so I could care less and so should most of you. If what this women says can upset you so much then you have an issue not here. There is bias in all things, look how the media drools over peyton manning and kobe bryant. Play the games YOU paid for and enjoy it.