By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Raze said:

Let's put the question of the finished product into perspective here.

Zelda Wii is developed by Nintendo

Sorcery is developed by The Workshop

So your questiion actually asks:

The Workshop > Nintendo?

See how crazzzzzy(man) that sounds in retrospect? =)

That is why it was so disappointing.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Raze said:

No Sorcery looked like a gamecube game, and one of those 3rd party THQ ones at that. If you're either 12 or a pedo, you'd be into the Harry Potter knockoff.

Can't help but be offended by this...half assed assumptions ftw...

Same. If what he said to be true. I would be a pedo and i do not take things like that lightly at all

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Sucks how for some people, Zelda wins because it's Zelda...

4 ≈ One

theprof00 said:
Raze said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Raze said:

btw there is no such thing as "true" 1:1. All 3 systems have 1:1, no matter how you try to pitch it, they all do the same thing, they just have a different means of making it happen.

there might be no such thing but Move is showing the best precision

Dont get me wrong, for a copycat system on the Wii remote, Sony did a good job of bringing the Wii experience to the Sony userbase. Game to game, you will see varying results, naturally. I play COD:MW Reflex with just the regular wii remote and I have precise aiming to snipe a shadow a quarter inch in size on my screen with ease. Like I said, its all about how much time is taken to code the software end of things. The hardware is identical in control delivery to the system.

Just in case you're confused, that's not what I meant by 1:1. That's just a pointer. 1:1 pointing, sure, but it's not 1:1 movement. 1:1 movement means that the screen is a mirror, not just a lazer pointer. It's not a different thing, it's a step higher.

ANd actually, you're wrong about how the hardware is identical. It's completely different. Wiimote is more similar to digital, ie, the button push is translated into an action. WiiM is more similar to analog, ie, a fluid range of movement translating into a fluid process of multiple actions. However, M isn't 1:1, it has problems in such things like acceleration. Because the sensor bar only tracks the speed of the controller, flicking your wrist actually puts more power into the action. It does not track where the controller is. So it can't properly tell things wheras the move can.

I know that, I'm talking about the difference in controller reaction based on the developer side, not the hardware side. Some games aren't nearly as precise as others just due to rush jobs, etc. I was giving an example of a game where the dev took the time to make the response between controller and game correct. As for WM , the acceleration is in the standard Wii Remote, play billiards on Wii Play to get an idea of depth reading.  The WM part is for the multi-lateral positioning on the x/y axis, where the accelerometers take care of the z axis. For example, as a martial art studen versed in boken work, I think that the Kendo in WSR is pretty accurate based on actual movements. Sure, you can swing like a maniac, but you can just as well apply real moves in 3d space and time in 1:1. My point at the end of this is what I started with. No system has a "better" 1:1, they just all have 1:1 systems now (or will when the HD systems release). While both Sony and MS want to tear the motion control crown from Nintendo, they can only equally match it since Nintendo jumped on the WM scene.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Dgc1808 said:

Well... isn't that true for every fan of a major franchise (Mario, MGS, FF... and so on and so on)???

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Ajescent said:
Raze said:

No Sorcery looked like a gamecube game, and one of those 3rd party THQ ones at that. If you're either 12 or a pedo, you'd be into the Harry Potter knockoff.

Can't help but be offended by this...half assed assumptions ftw...

Same. If what he said to be true. I would be a pedo and i do not take things like that lightly at all

best to just class the comment as a moment of stupidity me thinks and be done with it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Dgc1808 said:

I don't necessarily use that assumption, but isn't it assumed that a proven franchise for having a winning track record win over a relatively new game. I would say Uncharted 3 wins because it is uncharted, or new mario platformer wins because it is new mario platformer.

Now like I said before, I don't like other game, mainly because it reminds of fable, and I was never a fan of that.

Also the prof00, I really wish you didn't make this thread, it really turns out to be pissing contest between nintendo fans and sony fans.

not really a pissing contest per say, I think almost everyone agrees that in a contest between the 3ds and a mythical psp2, the 3ds would win, only point of contention is by how much?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Raze said:
Rpruett said:
Raze said:
theprof00 said:
Raze said:
theprof00 said:
Raze said:

btw there is no such thing as "true" 1:1. All 3 systems have 1:1, no matter how you try to pitch it, they all do the same thing, they just have a different means of making it happen.

I really can't tell based on what I've seen from nintendo. Even tiger woods developer said soemthing like "this is true 1:1, there are no scripted animations here"

EA will say praises about anyone who pays them to. Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii had all live motion based on your swing as well. Again its 1:1, if you want to arge the quality of the game, you'll have to refer to HD>SD, but the accuracy of the controls is the same. From all the grumblings today about Move, it doesnt seem that the PS3 community is eager to adopt it. Time will tell in the end, of course.

Coming from someone who has played tiger woods on the wii and fuly understand its strengths and weaknesses, what the EA guy said was accurate.

You could play TWwii flicking your wrist, and you couldn't move the club around like you do on the demo today.

Interesting. Did you have the WM enabled? Because Ive tried doing that too (habit from Wii Sports golf), and the ball goes maybe 10 feet. THat'd be my guess, as if I had any complaints on WM , it was TOO sensitive (I cant keep my hands perfectly still to save my life)

I play Wii Sports Resort Golf quite a bit with Motion plus and I must say that you certainly can cheat the system and get perfectly straight shots with ease with just a flick of the wrist.

Right, but we're talking about if that happens in Tiger WEoods 10 on Wii too, I havent been able to make it happen, where Prof has (if he even has a Wii ;) )

My gf's sister actually owns my wii. I play nearly every weekend, though not recently because she's irritatingly trendy. Me and her roomate can do the flick pretty easily. It does require more than the flick in wii sports, but the most important part about putting power into the ball is getting the club above the shoulder. After that all you need is a flick.

Maynard_Tool said:
Dgc1808 said:

Well... isn't that true for every fan of a major franchise (Mario, MGS, FF... and so on and so on)???

Not every, but a large percentage... and it sucks.

4 ≈ One