By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Not really. Zelda is Zelda, you can't compare it with a Harry Potter ripoff game.

Around the Network
Raze said:
theprof00 said:
Raze said:
SpartenOmega117 said:
Raze said:

btw there is no such thing as "true" 1:1. All 3 systems have 1:1, no matter how you try to pitch it, they all do the same thing, they just have a different means of making it happen.

there might be no such thing but Move is showing the best precision

Dont get me wrong, for a copycat system on the Wii remote, Sony did a good job of bringing the Wii experience to the Sony userbase. Game to game, you will see varying results, naturally. I play COD:MW Reflex with just the regular wii remote and I have precise aiming to snipe a shadow a quarter inch in size on my screen with ease. Like I said, its all about how much time is taken to code the software end of things. The hardware is identical in control delivery to the system.

Just in case you're confused, that's not what I meant by 1:1. That's just a pointer. 1:1 pointing, sure, but it's not 1:1 movement. 1:1 movement means that the screen is a mirror, not just a lazer pointer. It's not a different thing, it's a step higher.

ANd actually, you're wrong about how the hardware is identical. It's completely different. Wiimote is more similar to digital, ie, the button push is translated into an action. WiiM is more similar to analog, ie, a fluid range of movement translating into a fluid process of multiple actions. However, M isn't 1:1, it has problems in such things like acceleration. Because the sensor bar only tracks the speed of the controller, flicking your wrist actually puts more power into the action. It does not track where the controller is. So it can't properly tell things wheras the move can.

I know that, I'm talking about the difference in controller reaction based on the developer side, not the hardware side. Some games aren't nearly as precise as others just due to rush jobs, etc. I was giving an example of a game where the dev took the time to make the response between controller and game correct. As for WM , the acceleration is in the standard Wii Remote, play billiards on Wii Play to get an idea of depth reading.  The WM part is for the multi-lateral positioning on the x/y axis, where the accelerometers take care of the z axis. For example, as a martial art studen versed in boken work, I think that the Kendo in WSR is pretty accurate based on actual movements. Sure, you can swing like a maniac, but you can just as well apply real moves in 3d space and time in 1:1. My point at the end of this is what I started with. No system has a "better" 1:1, they just all have 1:1 systems now (or will when the HD systems release). While both Sony and MS want to tear the motion control crown from Nintendo, they can only equally match it since Nintendo jumped on the WM scene.

oh yeah i agree. sorry if i didn't make myself clearer, but the hardware for move is simply better. Whether that translates into gaming or not is a different story. It could potentially be very not-fun and difficult to code. I also agree that it has a lot to do with the developer's prowess.

Acevil said:
Dgc1808 said:

Sucks how for some people, Zelda wins because it's Zelda...

I don't necessarily use that assumption, but isn't it assumed that a proven franchise for having a winning track record win over a relatively new game. I would say Uncharted 3 wins because it is uncharted, or new mario platformer wins because it is new mario platformer.

Now like I said before, I don't like other game, mainly because it reminds of fable, and I was never a fan of that.

Also the prof00, I really wish you didn't make this thread, it really turns out to be pissing contest between nintendo fans and sony fans.

Not really what I meant... The thread's about the presentation of the two games today. The Zelda game clearly had a lot of weaknesses but some wouldn't admit to another game having a better presentation just because it's Zelda. We're not talking about how the full games will compare when they launch, just how we saw them handled today.

4 ≈ One

ok everyone say it with me now.

All 3 systems are capable of 1:1 in the hardware. The fact that games aren't 1:1 is because of the software, not because of the hardware.

Wii remote is capable of tracking: Acceleration in all 3 axis. It is capable of tracking rotation on all 3 axis. And is capable of telling depth/position via the sensor bar. Everything you need to track 1:1 if you feel like putting the software processing into it.

PS3 Move is capable of tracking all the same stuff, but it does it differently. Therefore capable of 1:1

X360 Kinect: ditto

Anyways, not all games use the 1:1 capabilities and instead abstract the movements. Most Nintendo games use an aproximation of 1:1 to make things simpler for the user and the programmer.

@original topic

I just watched the video posted on the other page. I'm not impressed by it. Was I impressed by Zelda? I didn't watch the video, so we'll see as time goes on. Lots of games have the same gameplay mechanics as Zelda, that doesn't make them equal.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Dgc1808 said:

While there's some truth to this, it should be noted that one of the two games was actually playable.*

*Unless you're Miyamoto.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Dgc1808 said:

I don't necessarily use that assumption, but isn't it assumed that a proven franchise for having a winning track record win over a relatively new game. I would say Uncharted 3 wins because it is uncharted, or new mario platformer wins because it is new mario platformer.

Now like I said before, I don't like other game, mainly because it reminds of fable, and I was never a fan of that.

Also the prof00, I really wish you didn't make this thread, it really turns out to be pissing contest between nintendo fans and sony fans.

this is what's REAL on the streets, YO!

This is the time for argument. Argument is fun and lively. I've become friends more with people I've argued with than people I've agreed with.

Ajescent said:
Serious_frusting said:
Ajescent said:
Raze said:

No Sorcery looked like a gamecube game, and one of those 3rd party THQ ones at that. If you're either 12 or a pedo, you'd be into the Harry Potter knockoff.

Can't help but be offended by this...half assed assumptions ftw...

Same. If what he said to be true. I would be a pedo and i do not take things like that lightly at all

best to just class the comment as a moment of stupidity me thinks and be done with it.

Probably a good idea, as there's nothing else to be done about it. Not like you're gonna fly from the UK and do something about it =P

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Prof - I wrote a detailed reply asking you about what you specifically were disappointed in with Zelda, but my computer crashed and I soundly beat the s**t out of it. Much better now. Woosah XD

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

nordlead said:

ok everyone say it with me now.

All 3 systems are capable of 1:1 in the hardware. The fact that games aren't 1:1 is because of the software, not because of the hardware.

Wii remote is capable of tracking: Acceleration in all 3 axis. It is capable of tracking rotation on all 3 axis. And is capable of telling depth/position via the sensor bar. Everything you need to track 1:1 if you feel like putting the software processing into it.

PS3 Move is capable of tracking all the same stuff, but it does it differently. Therefore capable of 1:1

X360 Kinect: ditto

Anyways, not all games use the 1:1 capabilities and instead abstract the movements. Most Nintendo games use an aproximation of 1:1 to make things simpler for the user and the programmer.

@original topic

I just watched the video posted on the other page. I'm not impressed by it. Was I impressed by Zelda? I didn't watch the video, so we'll see as time goes on. Lots of games have the same gameplay mechanics as Zelda, that doesn't make them equal.

Ah I see. I didn't understand earlier, you're right. So what I should be saying is that it is more representative? I really don't know. Zelda was being called representative of full motion, through quotes like "when I swing my sowrd like this, it's shown on the screen." But the action didn't represent the motions. I dunno what to call it, I'm in a quandry.

Raze said:

Prof - I wrote a detailed reply asking you about what you specifically were disappointed in with Zelda, but my computer crashed and I soundly beat the s**t out of it. Much better now. Woosah XD

look above at my reply to rol.

The art style, the items, the setting, link himself, the presentation and actual accuracy of the actions.