By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
theprof00 said:
Raze said:

btw there is no such thing as "true" 1:1. All 3 systems have 1:1, no matter how you try to pitch it, they all do the same thing, they just have a different means of making it happen.

I really can't tell based on what I've seen from nintendo. Even tiger woods developer said soemthing like "this is true 1:1, there are no scripted animations here"

EA will say praises about anyone who pays them to. Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii had all live motion based on your swing as well. Again its 1:1, if you want to arge the quality of the game, you'll have to refer to HD>SD, but the accuracy of the controls is the same. From all the grumblings today about Move, it doesnt seem that the PS3 community is eager to adopt it. Time will tell in the end, of course.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Around the Network
SpartenOmega117 said:

i thought sorcery looked cool and im also a fan of harry potter. What i was really surprised about was how Move worked so well with sorcery

I agree. I thought it looked unique, and the wand just worked. It was flawless.

I watched both demonstrations back to back. First zelda and then sorcery. Sorcery looked like it was still in the alpha stages and yet had more interesting mechanics and capability. I don't know if I would get it, but I'll give it some time before I decide. It has a long way to go and zelda has already proven its franchise long ago.

Maybe it was just the flawlessness talking, but it seemed somehow better.

Sorcery = zelda killer? :O Jk

About the problems in stage with zelda... it was interference. Controls are great.... according to people that played it... so yeah, moving on

Raze said:
theprof00 said:
Raze said:

btw there is no such thing as "true" 1:1. All 3 systems have 1:1, no matter how you try to pitch it, they all do the same thing, they just have a different means of making it happen.

I really can't tell based on what I've seen from nintendo. Even tiger woods developer said soemthing like "this is true 1:1, there are no scripted animations here"

EA will say praises about anyone who pays them to. Tiger Woods 2010 on the Wii had all live motion based on your swing as well. Again its 1:1, if you want to arge the quality of the game, you'll have to refer to HD>SD, but the accuracy of the controls is the same. From all the grumblings today about Move, it doesnt seem that the PS3 community is eager to adopt it. Time will tell in the end, of course.

Coming from someone who has played tiger woods on the wii and fuly understand its strengths and weaknesses, what the EA guy said was accurate.

You could play TWwii flicking your wrist, and you couldn't move the club around like you do on the demo today.

SpartenOmega117 said:
Raze said:

there might be no such thing but Move is showing the best precision

Dont get me wrong, for a copycat system on the Wii remote, Sony did a good job of bringing the Wii experience to the Sony userbase. Game to game, you will see varying results, naturally. I play COD:MW Reflex with just the regular wii remote and I have precise aiming to snipe a shadow a quarter inch in size on my screen with ease. Like I said, its all about how much time is taken to code the software end of things. The hardware is identical in control delivery to the system.

Around the Network
Raze said:

No Sorcery looked like a gamecube game, and one of those 3rd party THQ ones at that. If you're either 12 or a pedo, you'd be into the Harry Potter knockoff.

Can't help but be offended by this...half assed assumptions ftw...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

theprof00 said:
Raze said:
theprof00 said:
Raze said:

Coming from someone who has played tiger woods on the wii and fuly understand its strengths and weaknesses, what the EA guy said was accurate.

You could play TWwii flicking your wrist, and you couldn't move the club around like you do on the demo today.

Interesting. Did you have the WM enabled? Because Ive tried doing that too (habit from Wii Sports golf), and the ball goes maybe 10 feet. THat'd be my guess, as if I had any complaints on WM , it was TOO sensitive (I cant keep my hands perfectly still to save my life)

No. It may be good but not better than Zelda, not even close.

Zelda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sorcery

Sorry for bad English.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

I just watched the Sorcery gameplay on youtube. So that's the game that makes people go "wow".

It didn't really "wow" me as much to say that right after watchin zelda, it seemed to have many of the same elements, but with a different setting, abilities, and tricks as well as puzzles and expandability.

The two seem very similar, and honestly I was very disappointed with zelda. I expected a lot more. Nothing has changed, and the presentation was nearly a disaster.

With sorcery, it feels like the kind of change zelda should have gotten. It's something different.

Nearly a disaster? It was worse than Wii Music. The only reason why it gets a pass is because it was Zelda and not some "casual crap".

I was trying to go easy on it... are we in agreement about something? I thought it was one of the worst things I saw this weekend. It still has time to improve, but I was really shocked that they used the forest setting again. There were rumors of like futuristic setting and post-apocalyptic like ocarina, and all this cool stuff, and all I saw was like the same items in a different form. For example, the bug acts exactly the same as the boomerang in spirit tracks, the whip, like, well, the whip in spirit tracks ect etc.

I also wasn't very into the graphics. I thought he looked, well, a little too sprightly shall we say, and it just wasn't cartoony enough. At least with wind waker, they went all the way. Same with TwilightPrincess. They stayed in the middle, half real half cartoon and it was just boring.

I'm sure it will be a lot better when it's released and there are going to be a lot of interesting surprises as it gets closer to release, but today, it looked like it was outdone by a new IP.

Anyway, I'm sure you only agree about the actual presentation mistakes and not any of the other stuff i mentioned, but I thought this was an opportunity to say how it really felt.

From what we saw in the conferences,  yes I would agree with that.  What will we say when the final product rolls out???  Not even a question, Zelda.