By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shame on Nintendo and Shame on the 3DS!!

might point out that it was mentioned DURING THE CONFERENCE that the reason that they didn't make the top screen also touch screen was that finger prints and scratching and so on that can result in it being used as touch screen starts to wear on the 3d aspect.

Thus a always visible main 3d screen in your slide examples woudl be exposed at all times and scratch to hell and be finger printed and so on.   So HORRIBLE idea.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

Just like the wii   and look at it now..... and look at sony now? Who would have thought

Bet you said the same about wiifit hahahahahaa

Do you own Nintendo?  Do you own Nintendo stock?   Why do you take such pleasure in the amount of sales that a company you have no financial stake in?   I don't care if the PS3 sells 100 million or 50 million lifetime.  All I care is that I can get high quality games that are fun to play and don't make me feel like a kiddy diddler.

The wii is a gimmic.  Lets take the number of systems sold vs the number of systems that rarely get used after 2 months of ownership and I would imagine that number is nearly half of the Wii's out there.

And sure, the wiifit would sell fairly well, but are the people who purchased it still using it?  Nope, they are fat and lazy and can't handle getting winded while doing Wii-Yoga and they quit playing it once their "Mii" gets super fat.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

jjseth said:

It's nothing more than a gimmic.. A gimmic that they tried back in the 90's and failed miserably with.

why does this post seem so familiar....just cant put my finger on it, but ive heard this before with something else...hmmmm...

OT i think a sliding design would be horrible. it is way to easy to scratch and/or ruin the screen. the disign of the 3DS is great. i would like to see another analog stick on the otherside of the system, but im sure ill nintendo will make everything work.

jjseth said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Just like the wii   and look at it now..... and look at sony now? Who would have thought

Do you own Nintendo?  Do you own Nintendo stock?   Why do you take such pleasure in the amount of sales that a company you have no financial stake in?   I don't care if the PS3 sells 100 million or 50 million lifetime.  All I care is that I can get high quality games that are fun to play and don't make me feel like a kiddy diddler.

The wii is a gimmic.  Lets take the number of systems sold vs the number of systems that rarely get used after 2 months of ownership and I would imagine that number is nearly half of the Wii's out there.

And sure, the wiifit would sell fairly well, but are the people who purchased it still using it?  Nope, they are fat and lazy and can't handle getting winded while doing Wii-Yoga and they quit playing it once their "Mii" gets super fat.

This argument is often times used when people DO  care about system sales, but their console of choice is down and out.

In fact, a lot of people on this site DO have stock in these companies, more than you might think. And second, usually more console sales = more games (except for the Wii which baffles me). And it's always pleasing to see your favorite games sell a lot.

Wow, only a single troll within the entire thread so far. I guess the magority of gamers on VG are syked about the 3DS.

I like the idea of being able to see a movie or some other content without having to have the DS open. Perhaps a "revolving" 3D screen. It could flip to have a traditional DS style with two screens, or flip so that the 3D screen is faceing the "outside". I dont know how this will affect the sturdyness. Nintendo is famous for building their handhelds like bricks, ie indestructable.

Around the Network
jjseth said:

It's nothing more than a gimmic.. A gimmic that they tried back in the 90's and failed miserably with.

You have admitted you know nothing about the systems tech, I'd warrant then that you also know nothing about the games, you haven't played it and I'm willing to bet you probably never played the virtual boy either.

If you are going to be a troll, at least put a little effort because at the moment you are just coming off as lazy as well as annoying, but if that floats your boat, more power to you.

jjseth said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Nope, I take such pleasure with stupid comments.... like yours

Oh, and by look at sony I was talking about the move... proving wii is not, never was and never will be a gimmick

dany612 said:

If you seriously think the 3DS should look like that. You are nothing but a pathetic Nintendo fanboy that gobbles anything Nintendo throws at you even if it was ****!!!!

Well, I kind of agree with that.

Well, it's not actually about nintendo, nintendo fans were the problem, what? why? where?

I remember when there was a new here on vgchartz about Just Dance selling more than 3 million but the game was actually crap but Nintendo fans(boys) were selling that was actually a good game, I bet they said that because it was a million seller so they had to support that game somehow. Just Dance got so many low reviews that, in fact, the Nintendo Official Magazine, gave Just Dance a very low score...lol. I'm going to talk about Nintendo game sbut they have nothing to do with this, they have really reviews and scores but Just Dance, crappy scores and they were saying they were wrong. Shows how hypocrites the nintendo fans can be, right?

They kept insisting that Just Dance was a good game. I would believe them about being a good game if Just Dance could have gotten something around 7.5 but it didn't.

(Sorry for bad English)

Sorry for bad English.

Yes Nintendo fans are hypocrites. "but itts exposed to fingerprints, etc" oh shut up, excuses! what screen isnt exposed to scratches? When you open a DS its exposed to scratches and fingerprints. Nintendo are smart, they could find a creative way to have designed it so it would decrease those chances BUT NO nintendo decides to be lazy and do the most simple thing. i think i am going to turn into a sony fan if nintendo does not fix this X_X

dany612 said:

Yes Nintendo fans are hypocrites. "but itts exposed to fingerprints, etc" oh shut up, excuses! what screen isnt exposed to scratches? When you open a DS its exposed to scratches and fingerprints. Nintendo are smart, they could find a creative way to have designed it so it would decrease those chances BUT NO nintendo decides to be lazy and do the most simple thing. i think i am going to turn into a sony fan if nintendo does not fix this X_X

So you will support the Dualshock now?