By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shame on Nintendo and Shame on the 3DS!!

Lol @ thread. I'm sure a random 15-year old on the internet knows how to design and launch a new product better than one of the most successful companies on the planet that's been around for 121 years.

Also, the XL failed, now?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Lol @ thread. I'm sure a random 15-year old on the internet knows how to design and launch a new product better than one of the most successful companies on the planet that's been around for 121 years.

Well, everyone has opinions and stuff, why would you lol at that...can't he dream?

Sorry for bad English.

zzamaro said:
Cheebee said:

Well, everyone has opinions and stuff, why would you lol at that...can't he dream?

Of course he can. I lol'd at the thread, haha, it's just so silly.

It's just that he was saying how bad the 3DS's design and such were, while simultaneously praising the PSP Go and wishing Nintendo had done something similar? Come on. XD But one can dream, certainly.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

dany612 said:

LOL I wasn't trolling. I was being sarcastic.

I don't get anything anymore. *head explodes*

Cheebee said:
zzamaro said:
Cheebee said:

Of course he can. I lol'd at the thread, haha, it's just so silly.

It's just that he was saying how bad the 3DS's design and such were, while simultaneously praising the PSP Go and wishing Nintendo had done something similar? Come on. XD But one can dream, certainly.

Yes a random 15-year old 'knows more'. First of all I am not random, I have been on VGChartz for a while now. I just said I loved the PSP Go's design and there is nothing wrong with liking it. I just gave my personal opinion on the 3DS's current prototype model and design. Also pointing out my age like that makes me feel like a target. Therefore there is certainly some 'ageism' going on here. Stop being so ageist! 

Around the Network

A sliding screen would be terrible. The lower screen is as large vertically as the top screen. On something as big as the DS, the top will be huge and this ungainly to support holding only the bottom since it has to slide up it's own height (same height bottom). You would also not be able to look at the top screen closer to head on (it must always be on the same plane as the bottom screen) which is harder to play for extended gaming. Lastly, there is even less room for the analog slider that way, and it's nice large size is a big advantage over most portables. A top screen that is visible when the unit is "closed" is only useful when you want to look at the top screen playing something while not needing any controls (except L R) which for the most part will only be non gaming (though there is tilt...). It's fine for a media player, but a bad idea for a gaming handheld.

That said, I do wish the 3DS looked less like the DS. More changes would help cement that it is a new system instead of a new model. I can't think of anything better, but something different would have been nice.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)

I have a better idea. You know those touch screen laptops like the HP one? Its just like the 3DS except you can also twist it so it can fold into just one screen. That would solve the scratching and all that. At any time you can choose like when watching a 3D movie to twist it and make it fold into one screen! :D No sliding involved!

I've seen those connectors, they are not that durable on something so small. Watching movies is a side feature, not the focus of the machine. That configuration also leaves the buttons and touch screen on the back where you are holding while watching, it's not good.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)
jjseth said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Just like the wii   and look at it now..... and look at sony now? Who would have thought

Bet you said the same about wiifit hahahahahaa

Do you own Nintendo?  Do you own Nintendo stock?   Why do you take such pleasure in the amount of sales that a company you have no financial stake in?   I don't care if the PS3 sells 100 million or 50 million lifetime.  All I care is that I can get high quality games that are fun to play and don't make me feel like a kiddy diddler.

The wii is a gimmic.  Lets take the number of systems sold vs the number of systems that rarely get used after 2 months of ownership and I would imagine that number is nearly half of the Wii's out there.

And sure, the wiifit would sell fairly well, but are the people who purchased it still using it?  Nope, they are fat and lazy and can't handle getting winded while doing Wii-Yoga and they quit playing it once their "Mii" gets super fat.

Lol, I even have stock in Microsoft and I want Nintendo to do well. Why?

Because Nintendo doing well = more money for Nintendo.

Money = better games.

Better games = happier me.

Happier me = more sales.

More sales = Nintendo doing well.

See how this works?