By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shame on Nintendo and Shame on the 3DS!!

Why I am disappointed by the 3DS....

When I saw the first glimpse of this new device, my heart sank and I could feel a little tear coming on. Afterwards I felt like screaming to the monitor at Nintendo with tons of foul language. Why? Well the answer is simple...the device looks just like a DS. Is that bad? Not really but seeing how this is suppose to be a new system, it is.

While I hope this was just a prototype or something; this is still something Nintendo has to change.

Also since the name is the 3DS how will Nintendo manage to regain consumers to buy it? It looks like any other DS out there, and I doubt the 3D will want to make them buy it just how XL has failed. 

There isn't anything wrong with the features and the AWESOME line up of games (hyped) its just the design of it that ticks me off. 

This just makes me think Nintendo was lazy. At least Sony when they made their PSP Go, they changed it up a bit and it looks pretty good but its failed because its digital only. Like who wants that??

The above picture is that of a sliding Helio phone.

Lets take the current 3DS, do you see where I am going at? Instead of closing, the 3DS should slide.

The 3D screen would be on the top, and the touchscreen would be located in the middle, right there where the keyboard buttons are on the HELIO phone. You can figure out the rest. Well thats what I imaged Nintendo would do, and it would help it distinguish itself from the DS series.

Like when you start watching 3D movies or any movies, you would just close it by sliding and be able to watch the movie more better. Friends and family will also be able to have a better view of it, then it being open like the DS.

So don't you agree? What are some things you do not currently like about the 3DS? Any suggestions?

Around the Network

I don't like the fact that the 3DS will get star fox, kid icarus and paper mario before wii

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

There are 2 things I didn't like about the 3DS presentation

No price

No date

Yeah, that covers it

Why fix what isn't broken? The DS has a great design, and sliding = bad idea. Anything where the screen is exposed is bad. I learned that the hard way with the iPhone. It'll get scratched, dirty, and damaged.

Nintendo created a great device with the DS, and now they're just making it better. Yes, it is a new console, but it's still in the "DS family". It's like complaining that the Gameboy Color was too similar to the Gameboy.

Almost had me there.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

Well, you give some good points but it could be a prototype, not sure..

Sorry for bad English.

I played the 3DS today, it will make you love it, its amazing

Damn them to hell for making an impressive system that resembles their last sucessful one . >_>

(Btw... as people have said, screen would scratch to hell, which would be especially bad, because the biggest selling point relies on that screen...)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
RolStoppable said:

I am not impressed.

I don't think he was trying to do a you-type of thread... i think he is being serious

I'm sure that the 3ds will be about as great as their last 3d game system.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.