By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shame on Nintendo and Shame on the 3DS!!

alfredofroylan said:
dany612 said:

Yes Nintendo fans are hypocrites. "but itts exposed to fingerprints, etc" oh shut up, excuses! what screen isnt exposed to scratches? When you open a DS its exposed to scratches and fingerprints. Nintendo are smart, they could find a creative way to have designed it so it would decrease those chances BUT NO nintendo decides to be lazy and do the most simple thing. i think i am going to turn into a sony fan if nintendo does not fix this X_X

Hahaha, nice one!

Anyway, I've coem to the realisation that this is 100% a troll thread - it was created not in the aim of having a legitimate discussion but in the aim of insulting Nintendo for no reason, and I am out of here

*PS, I might lurk to see if Alfredo posts any more gold like the above*

Around the Network
scottie said:
alfredofroylan said:
dany612 said:

Yes Nintendo fans are hypocrites. "but itts exposed to fingerprints, etc" oh shut up, excuses! what screen isnt exposed to scratches? When you open a DS its exposed to scratches and fingerprints. Nintendo are smart, they could find a creative way to have designed it so it would decrease those chances BUT NO nintendo decides to be lazy and do the most simple thing. i think i am going to turn into a sony fan if nintendo does not fix this X_X

Hahaha, nice one!

Anyway, I've coem to the realisation that this is 100% a troll thread - it was created not in the aim of having a legitimate discussion but in the aim of insulting Nintendo for no reason, and I am out of here

*PS, I might lurk to see if Alfredo posts any more gold like the above*

Well, the opening post wasn't trolling, he actually gave some good points. After that, he was trolling.

Sorry for bad English.

Well, it is called 3DS for a reason.

jjseth said:

It's nothing more than a gimmic.. A gimmic that they tried back in the 90's and failed miserably with.

Im sure that will happen again

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
HappySqurriel said:

I can honestly say that I too am a little disappointed by the 3DS’s design, but it is not because it maintains the same basic shape and layout of the Nintendo DS. What I would have liked to see is for it to be made out of more impressive materials (I like stainless steel) and for it not to have the two-tone colour scheme; although being two tone might only have been for the demonstration.

With that said, I'm only mildly upset and (realistically) I wasn't expecting much beyond shiny plastic.

That design is not the final design of the 3DS. I'm sure we'll see an updated look before launch. Just like what happened with the DS.

Around the Network

LOL I wasn't trolling. I was being sarcastic.

Sempuukyaku said:HappySqurriel said:I can honestly say that I too am a little disappointed by the 3DS’s design, but it is not because it maintains the same basic shape and layout of the Nintendo DS. What I would have liked to see is for it to be made out of more impressive materials (I like stainless steel) and for it not to have the two-tone colour scheme; although being two tone might only have been for the demonstration.With that said, I'm only mildly upset and (realistically) I wasn't expecting much beyond shiny plastic.That design is not the final design of the 3DS. I'm sure we'll see an updated look before launch. Just like what happened with the DS.

Agreed.

Sorry for bad English.

alfredofroylan said:
HappySqurriel said:

I can honestly say that I too am a little disappointed by the 3DS’s design, but it is not because it maintains the same basic shape and layout of the Nintendo DS. What I would have liked to see is for it to be made out of more impressive materials (I like stainless steel) and for it not to have the two-tone colour scheme; although being two tone might only have been for the demonstration.

With that said, I'm only mildly upset and (realistically) I wasn't expecting much beyond shiny plastic.

Steel is quite expensive these days, honestly I don't see any handhelds using it in the near future.

It is also a lot heavier than plastic.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

the only thing that I dont like is that the touch screen is smaller than the 3D one.  Oh and the bi-color scheme.  I guess I like things to match.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Soriku said:
jjseth said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Care to make a bet about how successful the 3DS will be?

Care to make a bet how successful the XL has been?  ;)

Of course it will sell better than the Virtual Boy, but it's not going to be a juggernaut.  Also, will the sales numbers for the 3ds be lumped in with all the DS line-up sales?

I could've sworn you said the same thing about Wii Fit back in the day...

Edit: As for me I could care less for the design (as long as the controls don't suck and you can't play easily...which you obviously can with the 3DS). What's more important to me is the games and the possibilities of better graphics and 3D...which ultimately goes back to games anyway.

Wii fit is for losers anyway.

Sorry for bad English.