By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

slowmo said:

So King of Exclusives equals announcing games we already know about now too?

GT5 - Announced and been supposedly ready MANY times

FFXIV - Announced as a megaton last year which lasted 10 seconds until everyone saw it was a MMO

Killzone 3 - Like Gears 3 was already announced including the 3D support

Socom 4 - Announced previously

Infamous 2 - If not announced then certainly leaked

So in actual fact we have Twisted Metal as the only true announced exclusive from your list...

Assuming you have zero interest in Kinect then the Microsoft show was pretty boring I guess, but that doesn't excuse Sony's being just as lack luster on the announcements front either.  I wish some people would throw away their bias for a second and just accept that for the first time since 2006 Nintendo were head and shoulders above both Microsoft and Sony and blew both away with their exclusives regardless. 

Wasnt' twisted metal leaked a week before E3 as well?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
irstupid said:
slowmo said:

So King of Exclusives equals announcing games we already know about now too?

GT5 - Announced and been supposedly ready MANY times

FFXIV - Announced as a megaton last year which lasted 10 seconds until everyone saw it was a MMO

Killzone 3 - Like Gears 3 was already announced including the 3D support

Socom 4 - Announced previously

Infamous 2 - If not announced then certainly leaked

So in actual fact we have Twisted Metal as the only true announced exclusive from your list...

Assuming you have zero interest in Kinect then the Microsoft show was pretty boring I guess, but that doesn't excuse Sony's being just as lack luster on the announcements front either.  I wish some people would throw away their bias for a second and just accept that for the first time since 2006 Nintendo were head and shoulders above both Microsoft and Sony and blew both away with their exclusives regardless. 

Wasnt' twisted metal leaked a week before E3 as well?

No.

World renowned video game analyst, Michael Patcher, let a big one slip on the latest episode of GameTrailers’ Bonus Round. Want to find out what uber popular, highly anticipated title he leaked? Well you’re going to have to make the jump to find out, but I’ll give you some clues: killer clown, weapons galore, burning rubber and it’s a PS3 exclusive.  

If you haven’t guessed it yet, the game Michael Patcher accidentally announced was Twisted Metal PS3. He let this out of the bag while discussing which worthy games are coming to the PS3 that won’t incorporate Sony’s latest motion controller, Move.

yes it was

watch the bonus round for that, i dont' know how to embed.

and for not being a sony fanboy myself its surprising i had heard that it was going to show up at e3 and yet many of the sony fanboys seem to have been clueless on it.

what were you guys doing the week before e3, not paying attention to any news?

CGI-Quality said:

Couldn't have been that big of news as it wasn't even reported on major game sites, nor do you have a source.

lolwhut

PS3 might have had more games, but many were bunched into these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFCHuEegsk

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Couldn't have been that big of news as it wasn't even reported on major game sites, nor do you have a source.

It was a pretty big deal. Jaffe had to get on Twitter and lie about working on Twisted Metal.

Eh LBP 2 and maybe Killzone 3 are the only ones that interest me..

Nintendo has 10x the exclusives that I want, but that's just my humble opinion :P

guiduc said:

Mmm, well, I find often the argument "Nintendo is recycling their franchises at each generation" because they can't get over the fact that every game is new, with a brand new concept, they just keep the main character and his environment to keep the spirit of the franchise, so, in other words, Nintendo's sequels are bad because it's Nintendo, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3 and FFXIV is more than ok! I can't get over it, it just doesn't make any sense.

Nintendo had the best conference so far, Sony in second and Microsoft in last. Some people just can't recognize it. The thread is about "Number of exclusives" which is completely false about Sony. Nintendo had the most exclusive, and MUCH MORE than Sony showed at this E3, so this thread fails. It never asked about which one had the best E3, and then again, it's still Nintendo by a large margin, because of the awesome lineup and the 3DS device.

can't agree. it's a tie? sony and nintendo! yea thats right. a tie!

wouldn't make sence to debate it. i can't be swayed.

Sony had a good E3, but in terms of exclusives, the obvious winner was Nintendo.

Love and tolerate.

Nintendo definatly won the show in terms of games, but that is due to the 3ds, havingg announced a new hardware and one that is the sequel to the best selling handheld of all time is definetly important. Hiwever I think that sony coould have won the show if they showed of the exclusives we alreay know about(agent, Last Guardian,FFvsXIII...). And some of the game announced were barely shown(sly collection, patapon, motorstorm apocalypse) while spending something like 10 mn on a tiger woods  game