By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

Nintendo had the better conference because it had new hardware, the 3DS, thats the only reason IMO, otherwise it would have been extremely close, with Sony inching ahead IMO

Around the Network

Nintendo surely made more impact with 3DS. That being said, I never cared for their 1st party games. Zelda, Mario, and all those franchises never caught me and each new generation just feels like Nintendo is recycling them over and over. I'll buy a Nintendo console once it has good 3rd party support (just like the SNES did) - my personal view is that the Wii is a distant third behind X360 and PS3.

Holishit, last place makes people crazy!  Were Gamecube fans this bad?

Some people are incredible in this thread! Some people can't get over the fact that one person prefered an E3 Presentation over theirs shows how sort sighted people are. Also, there is no reason to call Nintendo's games "regurgitated crap" when there are many people enjoying them such as sony's and microsoft's games.

Sensei said:

Nintendo surely made more impact with 3DS. That being said, I never cared for their 1st party games. Zelda, Mario, and all those franchises never caught me and each new generation just feels like Nintendo is recycling them over and over. I'll buy a Nintendo console once it has good 3rd party support (just like the SNES did) - my personal view is that the Wii is a distant third behind X360 and PS3.

3rd party exclusives at the E3 conferences...

Xbox 360

• Codename: Kingdoms (also on PC, lol)

PlayStation 3

• Final Fantasy XIV: Online (also on PC, lol (also secretly on 360, lolol))
Wii
  • Disney Epic Mickey (Disney)
  • Goldeneye 007 (Activision)
  • NBA Jam (EA)

Around the Network

What I have learned from this thread. Sequels are bad... only if you are Nintendo.

Sony has some awesome games titled: Yada Yada and Etc. coming out soon.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

SuperAdrianK said:

Some people are incredible in this thread! Some people can't get over the fact that one person prefered an E3 Presentation over theirs shows how sort sighted people are. Also, there is no reason to call Nintendo's games "regurgitated crap" when there are many people enjoying them such as sony's and microsoft's games.

i completly agree. and just like theres no need to call Nintendo's games regurgitated crap. theres also no need to say Sony's games or over hyped and garbage aswell.

has civility truly left the gaming industry and gamers? we are just gameers, not martyrs.

loved both the sony and nintendo Press Conferences.

Mmm, well, I find often the argument "Nintendo is recycling their franchises at each generation" because they can't get over the fact that every game is new, with a brand new concept, they just keep the main character and his environment to keep the spirit of the franchise, so, in other words, Nintendo's sequels are bad because it's Nintendo, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3 and FFXIV is more than ok! I can't get over it, it just doesn't make any sense.

Nintendo had the best conference so far, Sony in second and Microsoft in last. Some people just can't recognize it. The thread is about "Number of exclusives" which is completely false about Sony. Nintendo had the most exclusive, and MUCH MORE than Sony showed at this E3, so this thread fails. It never asked about which one had the best E3, and then again, it's still Nintendo by a large margin, because of the awesome lineup and the 3DS device.

guiduc said:

Nintendo's sequels are bad because it's Nintendo, Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 3 and FFXIV is more than ok! I can't get over it, it just doesn't make any sense.

It makes tons of sense because Nintendo hardly recieves any third party support while Microsoft and Sony get tons. Thus the banality of Nintendo is more obvious because they have a lot less quality games to choose from. Or at least counting games that are reviewed highly. Plus Nintendo uses and abuses Mario and the public with never ending Mario titles. No other video game character is used so much.

For 360 it was mostly a lot of Kinect games and the only exclusives they mainly talked about were Halo: Reach, Gears of war 3 and Fable 3 also i dont think he put on his list that portal 2 is also on the ps3 now...it may not be much to some people but it really surprised me that valve would bother to develop for ps3 especially after everything they said about it.