By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

BHR-3 said:

1 this site is gettin on my nerves with posting vids up it used to be so easy

2 "Sony blew Microsoft and Nintendo right out of the water with the sheer number of exclusive games (that target the core gamer) announced"

i didnt watch any conference just a little of MS and Sonys how many exclusives did Nintendo announce for Wii and MS for 360?  Theres also a few more Sony exclusives for the Move that are not included on the list

3DS says NO

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
superchunk said:
BBH said:
superchunk said:
BBH said:

Sure, idc about that.

But you can't deny the amount of games Sony delivers

...which is what we are talking about? lol

Interesting. Because when I look at quantity and quality Nintendo still beats them as well as anyone else.

Top 10 saleswise on VGC is all Nintendo.
Most 1st party releases annually is all Nintendo.
Highest rated games on Metacritic for all time .. wait for it... is Nintendo.

I think you are basing fact off of your opinion. Nintendo publishes far more games than Sony and it does so with higher sales and better quality. Its just that they mostly don't appeal to you.

I'd imagine the amount of Ninty releases in a year and SCE (PS3 PSP PS2 PSN) is pretty close. 

And as I say, Ninty games are quicker and cheaper to make = allowing for more to be made. 

If you think Metacritic defines quality, you are really silly. Metacritic is a group of opinions, just as valid as anyone's. Without strict criteria you can't measure quality, it would be opinionated. So you can't say Nintendo brings out the highest quality of games, when although many agree, many think they suck.

So:

Sales - Nintendo wins by fact

Quantity - Close, with Nintendo having physical advantages on its side

Quality - Without strict criteria, it's down to opinion

ok, then so by your own summary (which I don't fully agree with) you are demonstrating that your initial post was blatantly wrong.

I guess b/c 2.5 > .5

Quicker to make... haha! A Zelda game like Skyward Sword will take 5 years to make, dude. God of War II, for example, released in 2007 while 3 years later its sequel came out. I don't think so.

And... if we take into account that the ps3 came out in 2006, and we already have Killzone 3, uncharted 3, LBP 2, Motorstorm 3, Resistance 3 in development

Well......

I laugh at this thread. 

Yea They beat M$ but Nintendo raped everyone this E3.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network
Xoj said:
fastyxx said:

Huh.   So there's seven exclusives listed above, five of which we already knew about, one of which has been promised every year since the PS3 was announced.

Nintendo had like a billion exclusives, many of which were brand new announcements.

Microsoft had just 4, with one so far off we know very little (Crytek - Codename:Kingdoms)  but oh by the way, those top three?  Fable 2 - 3.6 million units.  Halo 3 - 11 million units.  Gears 2 - 5.8 million units.

Twisted Metal has sold 8 million total across 6 titles.  All of SOCOM's games combined barely sold more than Halo 3 alone.  These are hardly the Zeldas and Halos of the world.

While I personally can't wait for Infamous 2 and LBP2, to say that Sony blew the others away in this area is just boring fanboyism.  Nice for the core PS3 owners.  Moves next to zero consoles outside of the long overdue/awaited GT5.

Sales != quality.

those games got high scores all over, they got a huge fanbase, they are not only polished games but they are fun .

unless u think justin bieber it's end of all music.

Yes because all the review os Halo/Fable/Gears/Zelda games have been fails.

Good point.  /eyeroll

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Trying to stay on topic and not get into this fanboy thread here:

Sony had a good conference.  Great exclusives, but to say they blew the other contenders away?... Come on now...  Lets try to limit the bias here.

Regurgitated crap?... Lol... How many sequels you got listed there in the exclusives list?

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

@jjseth

Lol... Dude... Just stop... your embarassing yourself.

Juevos?... This is what's wrong with the so called hardcore elitist mentality.

Do you guys even realize that when you convey idealogy like that, it is not only hypocritical, but is hindering the videogaming industry from reaching its full potential? 

Hey its all good you like a different set of games, genres, more violence, a little realism, etc.  That doesnt mean that its more polished or adult than other games.  Keep an open mind.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Sony had the most core games, and also the most games that interest me. So when I only look at the games, then Sony won for me. When I look at the Hardware... well... 3DS!! nuff said

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

allenfake said:
BBH said:
BHR-3 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Think Nintendo blew Sony away, honestly, there wasn't a single thing to me that was a surprise that wasn't just as valid to another console, lol. Showcasing multiplats Means alot 360 use to show multis b/c there were developed for that console most multis are now using PS3 as lead  on sonys co.....and showing known games is not big news....and 3DS ROCKED, so did those new Nintendo games.  Id rather enjoy 3d games on a large screen that will give the effect of things popping out at me instead of depth of the screen I was very unimpressed with Sony and MS.

also for the others
http://meodia.com/article/229/so-who-won-e3-2010/

That shows how VGC has such different tastes to the main online gaming media.

One site doesn't represent the entire online gaming media. His reasoning behind his choice was a bit odd. No new IP's? I thought people were getting all worked up over how new stuff just didn't work, right after they demanded new material rather than rehashes and sequels. Guess you just can't please anyone.

it is actually very odd since all non-Move exclusive on PS3 shown at Sony conference are sequals - Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, SOCOM 4, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIV, and Twisted Metal. Even big Mutliplat games at Sony conference are sequals - Portal 2, Dead Space 2, Medal of Honor. People also got excited about the new GoW PSP game and Patapon 3 which are not new IPs either.

EDIT: On a related note, meodia.com is a MAIN online gaming media? Bigger than Gamespot or IGN?

AngelosL said:

In my opinion Sony won this E3, but it was overall a poor E3 for hardcore gamers.I'm  interested in this new Donkey Kong game, but I'm 100% sure it won't be nearly as good as the SNES trilogy. Those games were masterpieces(at least the first 2 of them).Same goes for the new Zelda game.Nothing can match Ocarina of Time.My point is, I want to see some new quality titles...Which sadly won't happen.The last years all everyone cares about is technical stuff like graphics and motion controllers,Big franchise names (example: everything thats named Zelda or Final Fantasy is automatically great) and shooting at everything that moves .They've made us forget that what games are really all about is cleverness ,gameplay and depth.

And before you start attacking me,let me remind you again that the things I said were my thoughts and you are welcome to disagree with me.

My reply above applies to this as well.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.