By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

yea that is the most annoying thing ever about anit-nintendo people.  They always say oh its the 100th zelda or ect.

and in the very next sentence they mention their Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Infamous 2, SOCOM 4, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIV, Call of Duty # and so on.  Don't they notice the numeral they are adding at the end. 

and what this is your thirdy uncharted already this generation alone.  ha this is our first zelda, the other was as port

Around the Network
Rockyb said:

at least everybody AGREES  that  Sony  beat  Microsoft

Unless they are an XBox fanboy (regarding the media event).  I am sure Selnor, for example, thinks Microsoft won.

Ari_Gold said:

This thread is a fuckin joke. Sony's exclusive 1st party games are garbage and overrated. They lack the soul that Nintendo games have. Motorstorm, Killzone 3, Infamous, Socom, Twisted Metal, Little Big Planet 2  are not appealing to me in one bit. The only 1st party Sony game that is worth a damn, is Gran Turismo, everything else is overrated and boring. Nintendo crushed both sony and microsoft. deal with it sony boy.

Like with most other posts in here, your comments tell me far more about you than they do about the content you are critiquing.  Ok, I got it.  They don't appeal to you at all.  To others they do.

I do say this, by the way, believing that Nintendo had a better showing.

Like I said in the other thread

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY >>>>>>>> ALL

Now if SONY had shown FF Versus XIII things would be different.

But still for the first time ever (for me) Wii has an amazing lineup coming up.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'd say all 3 showed the usual big exclusives, with Nintendo and Sony looking about equal (by different taste) in terms of new installments of popular or known franchises with MS trailing somewhat on numbers of titles (although by sales Halo and Gears should be big of course).

So I felt it was more or less a draw between Sony and Nintendo with MS having big hitters but less of them - probably down to the lack of 1st party - with the only new IP being from Crytek but with zero to judge it by.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

People are acting like Nintendo's exclusive numbers appeal to everyone, they don't. Also many people don't give a rats ass about portables 3D or not. So for many of us proud graphic whores or people who like less cartoony games that are more visceral Sony will always win over Nintendo.

Microsoft also should win under this idea, for me they usually would, but with only one new IP announced from Crytec Microsoft failed the core that frequent this site.

Anyways its dumb to say Sony or Nintendo won because taste in games is not absolute. Get over yourselfs Nintendo fanz, or trouble starter Sony fanz like BHR.

Oh and I know my statements could be edited to show that you could replace Sony with Nintendo or Microsoft in the first statement to make it fit another veiwpoint. That is my point!!!

So King of Exclusives equals announcing games we already know about now too?

GT5 - Announced and been supposedly ready MANY times

FFXIV - Announced as a megaton last year which lasted 10 seconds until everyone saw it was a MMO

Killzone 3 - Like Gears 3 was already announced including the 3D support

Socom 4 - Announced previously

Infamous 2 - If not announced then certainly leaked

So in actual fact we have Twisted Metal as the only true announced exclusive from your list...

Assuming you have zero interest in Kinect then the Microsoft show was pretty boring I guess, but that doesn't excuse Sony's being just as lack luster on the announcements front either.  I wish some people would throw away their bias for a second and just accept that for the first time since 2006 Nintendo were head and shoulders above both Microsoft and Sony and blew both away with their exclusives regardless. 

CGI-Quality said:

Yeah I think it's safe to say that Nintendo had an unrivaled show this year! The sheer amount of content was exceptional!

Sony did a good job, not exceptional, but good nonetheless.

Microsoft's show was the one theat really felt empty for me (though the new console design has struck my excitement nerve).

i got sony and nintendo tied. new IP'S are what put sony in a sony near 1% lead over Nintendo. for these 2. it's hard for me to say. either one.

my brother inlaw (who is also on this site) gave sony the win with a A and nintendo second with an A.

for me this one is to close to call and i will high-light that in both threads tomorrow.

richardhutnik said:
Ari_Gold said:

This thread is a fuckin joke. Sony's exclusive 1st party games are garbage and overrated. They lack the soul that Nintendo games have. Motorstorm, Killzone 3, Infamous, Socom, Twisted Metal, Little Big Planet 2  are not appealing to me in one bit. The only 1st party Sony game that is worth a damn, is Gran Turismo, everything else is overrated and boring. Nintendo crushed both sony and microsoft. deal with it sony boy.

Like with most other posts in here, your comments tell me far more about you than they do about the content you are critiquing.  Ok, I got it.  They don't appeal to you at all.  To others they do.

I do say this, by the way, believing that Nintendo had a better showing.

theres no need for that kind of talk. E3 was huge for sony and nintendo. they where the two best. the best for me was Kidicurous and sorccery.

it's good to dissagree but don't stupe to the level of insults. Ari_Gold. its not your cup of tea i understand that but bashing said games isn't called for.

superchunk said:

Have you completely ignored the many threads on extreame variety and far higher number of Wii/DS/3DS exclusives coming up?

Clearly this is just your opinion on games you favor. But the thread showing Wii won the E3 hands down by 70% of VGC users proves you're in the minority.

70% still Opinion. when i saw Nintendos press conference. i didn't think sony had a chance. it was real close!