By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

jjseth said:

So wait... Nintendo won because of the Virtual Boy 2? I mean 3DS?  It's another gimmic and it's not going to encourage me to buy one because you can play 3d games on a portable device that you have to hold perfectly to get the best 3d results.

I'm about the games.  The ones that can be enjoyed by adults, not kids.  Mario, Zelda, etc haven't been a big deal to me since the 90's.   I prefer my games to be better polished and targeted to someone who has already had their juevos drop.

To me I don't care much about what MS or Nintendo announces as I honestly won't buy anything they have again.   So to me, Sony won because of the games.  GT5 is going to be something completely amazing.

So, sony won because of the same game that they have showed in the last 3 or 4 E3s.....

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
jjseth said:

So wait... Nintendo won because of the Virtual Boy 2? I mean 3DS?  It's another gimmic and it's not going to encourage me to buy one because you can play 3d games on a portable device that you have to hold perfectly to get the best 3d results.

I'm about the games.  The ones that can be enjoyed by adults, not kids.  Mario, Zelda, etc haven't been a big deal to me since the 90's.   I prefer my games to be better polished and targeted to someone who has already had their juevos drop.

To me I don't care much about what MS or Nintendo announces as I honestly won't buy anything they have again.   So to me, Sony won because of the games.  GT5 is going to be something completely amazing.

So, sony won because of the same game that they have showed in the last 3 or 4 E3s.....

So Nintendo won because of the same games that they have released the past 25 years?

My comment on GT5 was just one game that I'm eagerly awaiting, not that the game is the reason why Sony won in my opinion.

I don't care about the Move and the only way I would buy one would be because my fiance wants one, which is unlikely.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

BHR-3 said:

1 this site is gettin on my nerves with posting vids up it used to be so easy

2 "Sony blew Microsoft and Nintendo right out of the water with the sheer number of exclusive games (that target the core gamer) announced"

i didnt watch any conference just a little of MS and Sonys how many exclusives did Nintendo announce for Wii and MS for 360?  Theres also a few more Sony exclusives for the Move that are not included on the list

You just failed.

jjseth said:
Maynard_Tool said:
jjseth said:

So Nintendo won because of the same games that they have released the past 25 years?

My comment on GT5 was just one game that I'm eagerly awaiting, not that the game is the reason why Sony won in my opinion.

I don't care about the Move and the only way I would buy one would be because my fiance wants one, which is unlikely.

It's not the same to announce a game of a 25 year old franchise... than to announce the same game that has been announce for 5 straight years... which happens to be the Main game of every single show... for 5 years.

You should try the move, i bet you will find it better than you think it is

This thread is a fuckin joke. Sony's exclusive 1st party games are garbage and overrated. They lack the soul that Nintendo games have. Motorstorm, Killzone 3, Infamous, Socom, Twisted Metal, Little Big Planet 2  are not appealing to me in one bit. The only 1st party Sony game that is worth a damn, is Gran Turismo, everything else is overrated and boring. Nintendo crushed both sony and microsoft. deal with it sony boy.

Around the Network

Nobody is happy that it has taken so long for GT5 to come out, but it will be well worth the wait. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Ari_Gold said:

This thread is a fuckin joke. Sony's exclusive 1st party games are garbage and overrated. They lack the soul that Nintendo games have. Motorstorm, Killzone 3, Infamous, Socom, Twisted Metal, Little Big Planet 2  are not appealing to me in one bit. The only 1st party Sony game that is worth a damn, is Gran Turismo, everything else is overrated and boring. Nintendo crushed both sony and microsoft. deal with it sony boy.

Is...is that you? O.o

It's like this message board in particular and the internet in general is an alternate reality. MS clearly won e3 plain as day, yet all these internet people claiming otherwise. Heck I go to a message board that is nothing but Sony fans, and even they were pretty much saying Sony's conference was an epic fail. Heck I almost fell asleep during it. I really think this was Sony's worst e3 ever, worse than the 599 us dollars e3. At least that e3, PS3 was new and they had a chance to recover. This, it's just like there's nothing exciting left on PS3 and it's almost 4 years old. Everything just feels stale and the graphics really seem tapped out and unexciting. Then to top it off they tried to show up with not one but two gimmicks, 3D and Move, for double the fail. Move pricing was also a huge fail, well I could go on and on but I covered this in another post.

Microsoft won e3, as usual. Nintendo is not in the running because I'm not a casual. However Sony's showing was so bad I give Nintendo second place on the strength of DS and Zelda.

BBH said:
superchunk said:
BBH said:

Sure, idc about that.

But you can't deny the amount of games Sony delivers

...which is what we are talking about? lol

Interesting. Because when I look at quantity and quality Nintendo still beats them as well as anyone else.

Top 10 saleswise on VGC is all Nintendo.
Most 1st party releases annually is all Nintendo.
Highest rated games on Metacritic for all time .. wait for it... is Nintendo.

I think you are basing fact off of your opinion. Nintendo publishes far more games than Sony and it does so with higher sales and better quality. Its just that they mostly don't appeal to you.

I'd imagine the amount of Ninty releases in a year and SCE (PS3 PSP PS2 PSN) is pretty close. 

And as I say, Ninty games are quicker and cheaper to make = allowing for more to be made. 

If you think Metacritic defines quality, you are really silly. Metacritic is a group of opinions, just as valid as anyone's. Without strict criteria you can't measure quality, it would be opinionated. So you can't say Nintendo brings out the highest quality of games, when although many agree, many think they suck.

So:

Sales - Nintendo wins by fact

Quantity - Close, with Nintendo having physical advantages on its side

Quality - Without strict criteria, it's down to opinion

ok, then so by your own summary (which I don't fully agree with) you are demonstrating that your initial post was blatantly wrong.

superchunk said:
BBH said:
superchunk said:
BBH said:

Sure, idc about that.

But you can't deny the amount of games Sony delivers

...which is what we are talking about? lol

Interesting. Because when I look at quantity and quality Nintendo still beats them as well as anyone else.

Top 10 saleswise on VGC is all Nintendo.
Most 1st party releases annually is all Nintendo.
Highest rated games on Metacritic for all time .. wait for it... is Nintendo.

I think you are basing fact off of your opinion. Nintendo publishes far more games than Sony and it does so with higher sales and better quality. Its just that they mostly don't appeal to you.

I'd imagine the amount of Ninty releases in a year and SCE (PS3 PSP PS2 PSN) is pretty close. 

And as I say, Ninty games are quicker and cheaper to make = allowing for more to be made. 

If you think Metacritic defines quality, you are really silly. Metacritic is a group of opinions, just as valid as anyone's. Without strict criteria you can't measure quality, it would be opinionated. So you can't say Nintendo brings out the highest quality of games, when although many agree, many think they suck.

So:

Sales - Nintendo wins by fact

Quantity - Close, with Nintendo having physical advantages on its side

Quality - Without strict criteria, it's down to opinion

ok, then so by your own summary (which I don't fully agree with) you are demonstrating that your initial post was blatantly wrong.

I guess b/c 2.5 > .5