By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Shows Why PS3 Is King Of Exclusives

BBH said:
BHR-3 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Think Nintendo blew Sony away, honestly, there wasn't a single thing to me that was a surprise that wasn't just as valid to another console, lol. Showcasing multiplats Means alot 360 use to show multis b/c there were developed for that console most multis are now using PS3 as lead  on sonys co.....and showing known games is not big news....and 3DS ROCKED, so did those new Nintendo games.  Id rather enjoy 3d games on a large screen that will give the effect of things popping out at me instead of depth of the screen I was very unimpressed with Sony and MS.

also for the others
http://meodia.com/article/229/so-who-won-e3-2010/

That shows how VGC has such different tastes to the main online gaming media.

One site doesn't represent the entire online gaming media. His reasoning behind his choice was a bit odd. No new IP's? I thought people were getting all worked up over how new stuff just didn't work, right after they demanded new material rather than rehashes and sequels. Guess you just can't please anyone.

Around the Network

Nintendo

Sony

Microsoft

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

BBH said:
superchunk said:
BBH said:

Sure, idc about that.

But you can't deny the amount of games Sony delivers

...which is what we are talking about? lol

Interesting. Because when I look at quantity and quality Nintendo still beats them as well as anyone else.

Top 10 saleswise on VGC is all Nintendo.
Most 1st party releases annually is all Nintendo.
Highest rated games on Metacritic for all time .. wait for it... is Nintendo.

I think you are basing fact off of your opinion. Nintendo publishes far more games than Sony and it does so with higher sales and better quality. Its just that they mostly don't appeal to you.

I'd imagine the amount of Ninty releases in a year and SCE (PS3 PSP PS2 PSN) is pretty close.

And as I say, Ninty games are quicker and cheaper to make = allowing for more to be made.

If you think Metacritic defines quality, you are really silly. Metacritic is a group of opinions, just as valid as anyone's. Without strict criteria you can't measure quality, it would be opinionated. So you can't say Nintendo brings out the highest quality of games, when although many agree, many think they suck.

So:

Sales - Nintendo wins by fact

Quantity - Close, with Nintendo having physical advantages on its side

Quality - Without strict criteria, it's down to opinion

well when u see games like ocarina of time,RE4 or metal gear solid 4 having such high ratings

and games like just dance and other bs titles that still sells havin low scores then I'd say its pretty much accurate to the vision of us gamers

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Meh wasn't that impressed by the Sony exclusives.

Only GT5, Infamous 2 and maybe Killzone 3 are the standout titles.

Still no match for Reach, Gears 3 and Fable 3 IMO.

No The Last Guardian, No Agent, No Resistance 3, No Uncharted 3 or whatever was rumored before. As far as the big games go, Sony conference was pretty much just as disappointing as Microsoft's one.

Who cares who "won" i personally watched all 3 shows and would give my rating to sony actually, i guess like the OP sony's games are more appealing to me and i find these side scrolling platformers to be pretty boring.

Around the Network
fastyxx said:

Huh.   So there's seven exclusives listed above, five of which we already knew about, one of which has been promised every year since the PS3 was announced.

Nintendo had like a billion exclusives, many of which were brand new announcements.

Microsoft had just 4, with one so far off we know very little (Crytek - Codename:Kingdoms)  but oh by the way, those top three?  Fable 2 - 3.6 million units.  Halo 3 - 11 million units.  Gears 2 - 5.8 million units.

Twisted Metal has sold 8 million total across 6 titles.  All of SOCOM's games combined barely sold more than Halo 3 alone.  These are hardly the Zeldas and Halos of the world.

While I personally can't wait for Infamous 2 and LBP2, to say that Sony blew the others away in this area is just boring fanboyism.  Nice for the core PS3 owners.  Moves next to zero consoles outside of the long overdue/awaited GT5.

Sales != quality.

those games got high scores all over, they got a huge fanbase, they are not only polished games but they are fun .

unless u think justin bieber it's end of all music.

Xoj said:
fastyxx said:

Huh.   So there's seven exclusives listed above, five of which we already knew about, one of which has been promised every year since the PS3 was announced.

Nintendo had like a billion exclusives, many of which were brand new announcements.

Microsoft had just 4, with one so far off we know very little (Crytek - Codename:Kingdoms)  but oh by the way, those top three?  Fable 2 - 3.6 million units.  Halo 3 - 11 million units.  Gears 2 - 5.8 million units.

Twisted Metal has sold 8 million total across 6 titles.  All of SOCOM's games combined barely sold more than Halo 3 alone.  These are hardly the Zeldas and Halos of the world.

While I personally can't wait for Infamous 2 and LBP2, to say that Sony blew the others away in this area is just boring fanboyism.  Nice for the core PS3 owners.  Moves next to zero consoles outside of the long overdue/awaited GT5.

Sales != quality.

those games got high scores all over, they got a huge fanbase, they are not only polished games but they are fun .

Justin Bieber IS the end of all music, no scratch that he is the end of all that is good.

In my opinion Sony won this E3, but it was overall a poor E3 for hardcore gamers.I'm  interested in this new Donkey Kong game, but I'm 100% sure it won't be nearly as good as the SNES trilogy. Those games were masterpieces(at least the first 2 of them).Same goes for the new Zelda game.Nothing can match Ocarina of Time.My point is, I want to see some new quality titles...Which sadly won't happen.The last years all everyone cares about is technical stuff like graphics and motion controllers,Big franchise names (example: everything thats named Zelda or Final Fantasy is automatically great) and shooting at everything that moves .They've made us forget that what games are really all about is cleverness ,gameplay and depth.

And before you start attacking me,let me remind you again that the things I said were my thoughts and you are welcome to disagree with me.

Come on guys. Nintendo just did everything we wanted from them. They brought back Donkey Kong, Kirby, Star Fox and King fucking Icraus. 3DS has a METAL GEAR SOLID COMING TO IT, Kingdom Hearts is getting a 3D Remake.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Xoj said:
fastyxx said:

Sales != quality.

You dont have to be upset.

those games he listed to counter urs are all well selling highley rated and great quality.

So whats your point again?

And stop picking on justin..she has a tuff time as it is.