By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

In terms of pre-launch software, 3DS is looking closer to Ps2 than pretty much any other system since.  I think 3DS would have no problem selling a FF game.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

A traditional Yu gi oh game would be awesome =)

Oh shit I just think about the original show was all about the cards producing holograms that pop out, that would totally work now!  And ten times more entertaining to play. 

Though I want a pokemon with 3D models that pop out of the screen as well like Pokemon Stadium style with flashy attacks that pop out of the screen at you... would be a dream come true.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

A traditional Yu gi oh game would be awesome =)

Oh shit I just think about the original show was all about the cards producing holograms that pop out, that would totally work now!  And ten times more entertaining to play. 

Though I want a pokemon with 3D models that pop out of the screen as well like Pokemon Stadium style with flashy attacks that pop out of the screen at you... would be a dream come true.

Me like :3

Is there piracy on the DS? And what media will the 3DS use?

Slimebeast said:

Long answer:  Yes but it's a slight pain in the arse.  3DS is using a cart just like DS but will store more data not sure how different it is or how it'll be set up, I'm certain there will be more anti piracy measures going, though it's honestly not been a huge deal to begin with.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

There's insane piracy on DS.  Basically as bad as PSP, though it's not crippling the platform as much.

3DS uses similar cards to DS, but larger capacity (2GB at launch) and most are assuming improved copy protection.  Going of comments in the Japanese press, it seems there will be a way to "install" games directly to the 3DS flash drive too, and keep several games on the unit simultaneously.

^ Thanks guys! But who am I to believe on the level of piracy on DS part?

Slimebeast said:

Well.... To get piracy on the DS you only have to buy a card (R4) and download the games from your computer. No need to modify hardware or anything crazy.

I know a few people that told me they ordered their R4 from the internet in the US. Apparently is really easy to get it x.x

Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

Well.... To get piracy on the DS you only have to buy a card (R4) and download the games from your computer. No need to modify hardware or anything crazy.

I know a few people that told me they ordered their R4 from the internet in the US. Apparently is really easy to get it x.x

Eh I'm just basing the piracy thing on the actual studies on if it effects game sales lol which has by in large been proven to say no it doesn't, specifically because games are not 2 minute downloads like music that can be played on any machine without modification.  Not saying there isn't a load of people pirating games but the studies shown kinda lean towards the pirates typically weren't interested in the product in the first place and would have never bought the software... rarely is the case the intent was to buy but instead just downloaded and that boils down to convince haha 

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

Eh I'm just basing the piracy thing on the actual studies on if it effects game sales lol which has by in large been proven to say no it doesn't specifically because games are not 2 minute downloads like music that can be played on any machine without modification.  Not saying there isn't a load of people pirating games but just the studies about if the piracy is effecting game sales lol

Well..... my friend got more than 20 games in one day xD

But payback is a bitch, when he got his DSi the r4 didnt work lol