By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

you were asking me for proof how much R&D SONY had that it reduced SONY's PLAYSTATION division loss

how am i able ro give you that

i didn't say that PS division profited more than Nintendo by numbers but the R&D goin on in that division shows up and reduces your profit numbers shown to the public

SCE often reduced their R&D expenses by using technologies whose development was accounted for elsewhere though (like SEL).  SCE didn't pay for developing the Emotion Engine, for CELL, for Blu-Ray, etc.  Those costs were all burdened by other parts of Sony.

yes  SCE didn't pay for CELL or emotion engine but they did for the PS2 and PS3 optimising of those technologies not the original product

alsot of other reasearch also goes on in SCE R&D

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
Khuutra said:

Gotcha. I was about to say, even FFIV was only like one eighth that size... I think

FFIV was only 128MB iirc, so yeah.  Kinda astounding, Matrix really packed a lot into that cart.

The only 1GB DS games known so far are Love Plus Plus, Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 3rd Story, Inazuma Eleven 3: Challenge the World and Ninokuni: The Another World.  All from Konami or Level-5 weirdly!

This is a big part of why I'm excited about FFV and FFVI (which are, in my mind, inevitable, maybe even with the former to be revealed at TGS). I wonder what company they'd use? Matrix again?

I never played FFV, so that's especially exciting.

*shock*

Play it NOW!

MrT-Tar said:
Khuutra said:

This is a big part of why I'm excited about FFV and FFVI (which are, in my mind, inevitable, maybe even with the former to be revealed at TGS). I wonder what company they'd use? Matrix again?

*shock*

Play it NOW!

After the DS version of FFIV was the best version, I'm willing to wait for the remake.

Khuutra said:
MrT-Tar said:
Khuutra said:

*shock*

Play it NOW!

After the DS version of FFIV was the best version, I'm willing to wait for the remake.

Probably worth it, FFV is kinda ugly imo.  I still love it though, job system > *.

I hope Nintendo produces a lot of them at launch because it's going to be HUGE!

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

you were asking me for proof how much R&D SONY had that it reduced SONY's PLAYSTATION division loss

how am i able ro give you that

i didn't say that PS division profited more than Nintendo by numbers but the R&D goin on in that division shows up and reduces your profit numbers shown to the public

SCE often reduced their R&D expenses by using technologies whose development was accounted for elsewhere though (like SEL).  SCE didn't pay for developing the Emotion Engine, for CELL, for Blu-Ray, etc.  Those costs were all burdened by other parts of Sony.

yes  SCE didn't pay for CELL or emotion engine but they did for the PS2 and PS3 optimising of those technologies not the original product

alsot of other reasearch also goes on in SCE R&D

What's your point with R&D thing? For one, Nintendo has R&D too. But, more importantly, why should their profits be discussed without counting R&D? When someone says Nintendo made more money than PS they are talking about the entire buisness, so R&D is included for both, just as well as marketing, manufacturing, shipping, etc. It's a buisness, it simply makes no sense to say how much money you made without saying how much you spent to make it.

Paper mario in 3-d would be awesome. Just imagine it, enemies popping out of the screen and whatnot. Has there been an F-Zero  confirmed for 3ds? Oh, and one traditional yu-gi-oh game couldn't hurt...

bleep. bloop. blaap

A traditional Yu gi oh game would be awesome =)

Solid_Snake4RD said:

like it is said userbase doesn't always matter

like howmuch ever big the userbase is in WEST,SQ will not sell much

with the FINAL FANTASY main series is concerned:

again the bigger userbase will not get FF games more sales.

Also FF main series games are supposed to be VISUAL MASTERPIECES so it could be a stumbling block to get it to 3DS even thought its powerfull not enought to justify FF main series

in the west not that many FF fans buy 3DS's as mainly all FF fans now are PLAYSTATION based so they will lose sales

in JAPAN,yes they will get sales but again we don't know as many Nintendo fans could really not buy FF as they have not had a big release since FF6

sure FF is Playstation in Japan, since Xbox360 is dead there

America/Europe audience is not that much about FF on DS either, but what i say about 3DS, is that it has a different approach, a better balance in casual and hard core audience, so, if it gains momentum and gamers buy it in the West, FF could sell on 3DS

3DS has a much bigger momentum on big 3rd party franchises than DS, since there graphics limit is gone, DS graphics are way too bad

of course Sony will copy and make sure PSP2 has all features of 3DS, as they do now with Wii, depends on when PSP2 will launch, as time passes, 3DS will gain the titles and the audience before PSP2 come to light

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Solid_Snake4RD said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

well, it won't be late until FF and DQ, are announced, i mean the system is more hardcore than DS, and Japan is totally Nintendo

it isn't totally Nintendo as PSP is outselling the DS in many weeks

but yes DQ will come to 3DS as they came on DS

FF main series is not so sure as that has been hardcore based alot still and in the west it sells meainly to PLAYSTATION fanbase and for FF sales it neccesary not like DQ where west sales don't matter much

I have to disagree there:

Where I live (and I'm aware that middle classed Southern England isn't representative of the entire gaming population) nearly all Final Fantasy, and even RPG fanatics in general are more Nintendo inclined than Sony.  This is illustrated by the fact that virtually all RPG gamers I know have bought the DS FF remakes, but only 4 (excluding myself) have purchased FF XIII.

From my experience, this generaion FF is as much a Nintendo series as Sony