By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

jarrod said:
Maynard_Tool said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
irstupid said:
axumblade said:
Kage848 said:

This is a bit puzzling. How can Nintendo come out with the massivly underpowered Wii and now shoot for the moon with the 3DS???

I think this will be a begining. The return on Nintendo back into the power house tech stuff again. I now see the Wii2 is going to be a monster.

With the 3DS being so powerfull and forward thinking I can now beleive the Wii 2 will follow along. I see HD (duh), a very powerfull system and I can even see them embracing online the right way, ala at least PSN if not LIVE.

If/when, and I don't see the 3DS failing at all, the 3DS is hugely popular hopefully it will give Nintendo the courage to move along with a poerhouse, hardcore, and more expensive Wii 2.

I'm very excited.

The Wii was a safe bet. They didn't want to create a system that cost them a lot of money to make just in case it didn't do as well as they were hoping. That's my guess at least. Since after the Wii came out, the DS and Wii both took off and so now Nintendo does have lots of money they can use to their advantage.

wrong, nintendo has always had plenty of money.  i think only one year playstation made more money than nintendo.

they didnt' make it powerful because at the time hd was 1) not widely adapted, and really hasn't been until just recently and 2) it woudl have drove up the price of the Wii and made it not be mass marketable.

as NINTENDO had gameboy slaes and really didn't take many risk as their company only business was gaming

PLAYSTATION made alot more money than NINTENDO in PS1 and PS2 years,as they did alot of R&D it wasn't visible

also alot of profiits caused by the Playstation division made profit for other divisions for SONY

NINTENDO will continuew its for all approach now that Wii  and DS are popular with their succesor

No, Nintendo's pretty much always made more profit than SCE annually, with few exceptions.  Their R&D expenditures are also higher, though SCE also adopts technologies that are accounted for in other divisions (EE, CELL, Blu-Ray, etc).

PS3's losses are so massive though that if you look at the company's earnings overall since their formation in 1993, they're now not profitable.  PS3 quite literally has lost more money than PS1, PS2 & PSP have made combined.

You're fucking with me... right?

Looking it up, it seems the figures only back to 1997.  So maybe not, but for the period we have (1997-now) the PlayStation business is at an overall loss.  And really, PS1 didn't really get "big" until 1997 anyway.

Damn, I guess the ps3 really does everything...

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

2GB would be too less in this damn age

they would have more space

FF7 has more to do with SQ and SONY than with getting it on 3DS.

2GB is just the maximum at launch.  Like with DS, card sizes will increase over the platform's lifecycle.

To make a comparison, the largest cards at DS launch were 128MB.  Now the largest DS card is 2GB (larger than PSP's 1.8GB double sided UMDs btw).  If 3DS follows the same pattern, it'll have 32GB cards near the end of it's cycle.

What?

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

2GB is just the maximum at launch.  Like with DS, card sizes will increase over the platform's lifecycle.

To make a comparison, the largest cards at DS launch were 128MB.  Now the largest DS card is 2GB (larger than PSP's 1.8GB double sided UMDs btw).  If 3DS follows the same pattern, it'll have 32GB cards near the end of it's cycle.

What?

Ack, sorry, it's only 1GB now (Love Plus Plus being the first one to use it).  I mixed up the 3DS figure with what DS sports.

jarrod said:
Khuutra said:

What?

Ack, sorry, it's only 1GB now (Love Plus Plus being the first one to use it).  I mixed up the 3DS figure with what DS sports.

Gotcha. I was about to say, even FFIV was only like one eighth that size... I think

Khuutra said:
jarrod said:
Khuutra said:

What?

Gotcha. I was about to say, even FFIV was only like one eighth that size... I think

FFIV was only 128MB iirc, so yeah.  Kinda astounding, Matrix really packed a lot into that cart.

The only 1GB DS games known so far are Love Plus Plus, Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 3rd Story, Inazuma Eleven 3: Challenge the World and Ninokuni: The Another World.  All from Konami or Level-5 weirdly!

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Christian973 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Christian973 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
.jayderyu said:

oooh, I hear that the 3DS will have 2 gigabyte of storage space. I figured SE would translate FF 1-6 for the DS and would hit a stumbling block for FF7. Even with massive compression, reduced size.... it would still be near if not impossible to put the game on 256mb. With 2gig however, that changes everything. They could put FF7 on 3Ds easy.

Actually I don't really care that much. I'm just interested from a techincal and business perspective if SE would do such a thing.

Ok,w/e makes you happy

wasn't replying to you

did quoting me made you happy?

Not really. I quoted you because ONCE AGAIN, you're trying to argue and backing up arguments when you have NO proof or evidence whatsoever. So your arguments are pretty pointless.

Dude come on, I already tried that but he just wont listen. He lives in this... fantasy world when you dont need to prove things. He is happy like that, and he won't change. Even if the whole world knows that you can't say random things as facts w/o having any proof, he would still think there's no need for it (proof).

Just let him be... I'm sure one day he'll see the light

you were asking me for proof how much R&D SONY had that it reduced SONY's PLAYSTATION division loss

how am i able ro give you that

i didn't say that PS division profited more than Nintendo by numbers but the R&D goin on in that division shows up and reduces your profit numbers shown to the public

Solid_Snake4RD said:

you were asking me for proof how much R&D SONY had that it reduced SONY's PLAYSTATION division loss

how am i able ro give you that

i didn't say that PS division profited more than Nintendo by numbers but the R&D goin on in that division shows up and reduces your profit numbers shown to the public

SCE often reduced their R&D expenses by using technologies whose development was accounted for elsewhere though (like SEL).  SCE didn't pay for developing the Emotion Engine, for CELL, for Blu-Ray, etc.  Those costs were all burdened by other parts of Sony.

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
irstupid said:
axumblade said:
Kage848 said:

This is a bit puzzling. How can Nintendo come out with the massivly underpowered Wii and now shoot for the moon with the 3DS???

I think this will be a begining. The return on Nintendo back into the power house tech stuff again. I now see the Wii2 is going to be a monster.

With the 3DS being so powerfull and forward thinking I can now beleive the Wii 2 will follow along. I see HD (duh), a very powerfull system and I can even see them embracing online the right way, ala at least PSN if not LIVE.

If/when, and I don't see the 3DS failing at all, the 3DS is hugely popular hopefully it will give Nintendo the courage to move along with a poerhouse, hardcore, and more expensive Wii 2.

I'm very excited.

The Wii was a safe bet. They didn't want to create a system that cost them a lot of money to make just in case it didn't do as well as they were hoping. That's my guess at least. Since after the Wii came out, the DS and Wii both took off and so now Nintendo does have lots of money they can use to their advantage.

wrong, nintendo has always had plenty of money.  i think only one year playstation made more money than nintendo.

they didnt' make it powerful because at the time hd was 1) not widely adapted, and really hasn't been until just recently and 2) it woudl have drove up the price of the Wii and made it not be mass marketable.

as NINTENDO had gameboy slaes and really didn't take many risk as their company only business was gaming

PLAYSTATION made alot more money than NINTENDO in PS1 and PS2 years,as they did alot of R&D it wasn't visible

also alot of profiits caused by the Playstation division made profit for other divisions for SONY

NINTENDO will continuew its for all approach now that Wii  and DS are popular with their succesor

No, Nintendo's pretty much always made more profit than SCE annually, with few exceptions.  Their R&D expenditures are also higher, though SCE also adopts technologies that are accounted for in other divisions (EE, CELL, Blu-Ray, etc).

PS3's losses are so massive though that if you look at the company's earnings overall since their formation in 1993, they're now not profitable.  PS3 quite literally has lost more money than PS1, PS2 & PSP have made combined.

the CELL and the blu-ray was accounted for in othe division but alot of it was researched and optimised for the Playstation products

SONY themselves claimed north of &$2B in R&D on PS3 alone

PS3 has lost money but blu-ray will make them this loss.

also try to understand what i'm saying

on paper amd shown to public numbers,Nintendo profits are more than the PLAYSTATION division numbers.

but the R&D in PLAYSTATION DIVISION doesn't show up but it reduces the profits that are shown to the public

like if :

PS DIVISION PRODUCTS PROFIT: $2b

PS division R&D: $0.5b

PS DIVISION PROFIT: $1.5b

they will only show the public the last numbers.also don't forget how much PS products help SONY other divisions like MOVIE sales,royalties

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

well, it won't be late until FF and DQ, are announced, i mean the system is more hardcore than DS, and Japan is totally Nintendo

it isn't totally Nintendo as PSP is outselling the DS in many weeks

but yes DQ will come to 3DS as they came on DS

FF main series is not so sure as that has been hardcore based alot still and in the west it sells meainly to PLAYSTATION fanbase and for FF sales it neccesary not like DQ where west sales don't matter much

it's 30m VS 15m!?

this is 66% DS!!

like it is said userbase doesn't always matter

like howmuch ever big the userbase is in WEST,SQ will not sell much

with the FINAL FANTASY main series is concerned:

again the bigger userbase will not get FF games more sales.

Also FF main series games are supposed to be VISUAL MASTERPIECES so it could be a stumbling block to get it to 3DS even thought its powerfull not enought to justify FF main series

in the west not that many FF fans buy 3DS's as mainly all FF fans now are PLAYSTATION based so they will lose sales

in JAPAN,yes they will get sales but again we don't know as many Nintendo fans could really not buy FF as they have not had a big release since FF6

jarrod said:
Khuutra said:

FFIV was only 128MB iirc, so yeah.  Kinda astounding, Matrix really packed a lot into that cart.

The only 1GB DS games known so far are Love Plus Plus, Tokimeki Memorial: Girl’s Side 3rd Story, Inazuma Eleven 3: Challenge the World and Ninokuni: The Another World.  All from Konami or Level-5 weirdly!

This is a big part of why I'm excited about FFV and FFVI (which are, in my mind, inevitable, maybe even with the former to be revealed at TGS). I wonder what company they'd use? Matrix again?

I never played FFV, so that's especially exciting.