By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

Maynard_Tool said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

^ Thanks guys! But who am I to believe on the level of piracy on DS part?

Well.... To get piracy on the DS you only have to buy a card (R4) and download the games from your computer. No need to modify hardware or anything crazy.

I know a few people that told me they ordered their R4 from the internet in the US. Apparently is really easy to get it x.x

Eh I'm just basing the piracy thing on the actual studies on if it effects game sales lol which has by in large been proven to say no it doesn't specifically because games are not 2 minute downloads like music that can be played on any machine without modification.  Not saying there isn't a load of people pirating games but just the studies about if the piracy is effecting game sales lol

Well..... my friend got more than 20 games in one day xD

But payback is a bitch, when he got his DSi the r4 didnt work lol

Yeah but how many of those 20 games were games he was gonna shell out the cash for anyway?  If he was was he gonna buy new or used?  To be honest piracy is hurting the used games market more than the new simply because if the cheap asses are gonna buy games they're gonna buy used lol so I guess Game Stop should be the head of the anti-piracy movement 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

Well.... To get piracy on the DS you only have to buy a card (R4) and download the games from your computer. No need to modify hardware or anything crazy.

I know a few people that told me they ordered their R4 from the internet in the US. Apparently is really easy to get it x.x

Eh I'm just basing the piracy thing on the actual studies on if it effects game sales lol which has by in large been proven to say no it doesn't specifically because games are not 2 minute downloads like music that can be played on any machine without modification.  Not saying there isn't a load of people pirating games but just the studies about if the piracy is effecting game sales lol

I'd say Nintendo's collapsing EU software figures for DS sort of imply the opposite really.  Though yes, it hasn't really become a huge problem in America and Japan yet.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

Well..... my friend got more than 20 games in one day xD

But payback is a bitch, when he got his DSi the r4 didnt work lol

Yeah but how many of those 20 games were games he was gonna shell out the cash for anyway?  If he was was he gonna buy new or used?  To be honest piracy is hurting the used games market more than the new simply because if the cheap asses are gonna buy games they're gonna buy used lol so I guess Game Stop should be the head of the anti-piracy movement 

oh well... that's true. Out of those 20 probably he was looking fwd for 3 or 4. I c ur pointz now

jarrod said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Slimebeast said:

I'd say Nintendo's collapsing EU software figures for DS sort of imply the opposite really.  Though yes, it hasn't really become a huge problem in America and Japan yet.

That's likely due to high game prices to begin with, price being higher than demand will allow, Nintendo doesn't support all the EU areas like Sony, was talking to one guy talking about Nintendo games were higher in his area due to the games not being distributed in his area so they had to get them from other regions.

Convenience is an issue so is price, Valve already brought this up and said as a industry game prices are far too high, since they lowered prices of certain games on steam and saw their revenue shoot up so high that it topped launch revenue.  Honestly support the area, lower the prices, and the problem would likely solve itself heh. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

does the 3DS have flash memory like the DSi?  I assume it does, how much is it?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:

does the 3DS have flash memory like the DSi?  I assume it does, how much is it?

Those kind of specs haven't been confirmed yet. I'm guessing it should have a much larger internal hard drive than a DSi plus it has an SD card which can be up to 32GB.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

A traditional Yu gi oh game would be awesome =)

Oh shit I just think about the original show was all about the cards producing holograms that pop out, that would totally work now!  And ten times more entertaining to play. 

Though I want a pokemon with 3D models that pop out of the screen as well like Pokemon Stadium style with flashy attacks that pop out of the screen at you... would be a dream come true.

You might want to read impressions about Demos for the 3DS that showcase Augmented reality. One demo is called Target Shooting. Where the player places a card on a table and use the 3D cameras on the back of the 3DS to aim at the card. The card then transforms into targets the player must shoot using the 3DS. The following link gives an impression of the Demo. There are more impressions of these Demos around the web. You could use google to find more impressions.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/21/target-shooting-nintendos-amazing-augmented-reality-3ds-demo/

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

i really hope antipiracy is better in 3DS, because R4 really took away sales from many hardcore DS games, like Chinatown and Pokemon or Zelda

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

MrT-Tar said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

well, it won't be late until FF and DQ, are announced, i mean the system is more hardcore than DS, and Japan is totally Nintendo

it isn't totally Nintendo as PSP is outselling the DS in many weeks

but yes DQ will come to 3DS as they came on DS

FF main series is not so sure as that has been hardcore based alot still and in the west it sells meainly to PLAYSTATION fanbase and for FF sales it neccesary not like DQ where west sales don't matter much

I have to disagree there:

Where I live (and I'm aware that middle classed Southern England isn't representative of the entire gaming population) nearly all Final Fantasy, and even RPG fanatics in general are more Nintendo inclined than Sony.  This is illustrated by the fact that virtually all RPG gamers I know have bought the DS FF remakes, but only 4 (excluding myself) have purchased FF XIII.

From my experience, this generaion FF is as much a Nintendo series as Sony

yeah RPG fanatics are Nintendo fans in UK but not FF so much.also after FF went to PS platform after FF6 not many  Nintendo fans are FF fans

FF remakes are bought by Nintendo but are they near the sales of the PS FF games

also that FF main series is what we are talking about here which has not been on Nintendo consoles of handheld so fans have shifted and that FF main series games are beutiful that and they only go forward

and about SONY fans not all SONY western fans are FF fanatics

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

like it is said userbase doesn't always matter

like howmuch ever big the userbase is in WEST,SQ will not sell much

with the FINAL FANTASY main series is concerned:

again the bigger userbase will not get FF games more sales.

Also FF main series games are supposed to be VISUAL MASTERPIECES so it could be a stumbling block to get it to 3DS even thought its powerfull not enought to justify FF main series

in the west not that many FF fans buy 3DS's as mainly all FF fans now are PLAYSTATION based so they will lose sales

in JAPAN,yes they will get sales but again we don't know as many Nintendo fans could really not buy FF as they have not had a big release since FF6

sure FF is Playstation in Japan, since Xbox360 is dead there

America/Europe audience is not that much about FF on DS either, but what i say about 3DS, is that it has a different approach, a better balance in casual and hard core audience, so, if it gains momentum and gamers buy it in the West, FF could sell on 3DS

3DS has a much bigger momentum on big 3rd party franchises than DS, since there graphics limit is gone, DS graphics are way too bad

of course Sony will copy and make sure PSP2 has all features of 3DS, as they do now with Wii, depends on when PSP2 will launch, as time passes, 3DS will gain the titles and the audience before PSP2 come to light

the graphic limit is not that much gone as FF main series games take big leap and 3DS wouldn't allow that

they can have the normal spin-offs but 3DS is far from having a main series game

its just that Nintendo 3DS fans won't just easily hop on board for FF games and SQ will be skeptical about that

PSP2 will deploy next FALL for sure and even that won't have a main series games