By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

Farmageddon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

you were asking me for proof how much R&D SONY had that it reduced SONY's PLAYSTATION division loss

how am i able ro give you that

i didn't say that PS division profited more than Nintendo by numbers but the R&D goin on in that division shows up and reduces your profit numbers shown to the public

SCE often reduced their R&D expenses by using technologies whose development was accounted for elsewhere though (like SEL).  SCE didn't pay for developing the Emotion Engine, for CELL, for Blu-Ray, etc.  Those costs were all burdened by other parts of Sony.

yes  SCE didn't pay for CELL or emotion engine but they did for the PS2 and PS3 optimising of those technologies not the original product

alsot of other reasearch also goes on in SCE R&D

What's your point with R&D thing? For one, Nintendo has R&D too. But, more importantly, why should their profits be discussed without counting R&D? When someone says Nintendo made more money than PS they are talking about the entire buisness, so R&D is included for both, just as well as marketing, manufacturing, shipping, etc. It's a buisness, it simply makes no sense to say how much money you made without saying how much you spent to make it.

i am counting Nintendo R&D

just comparing like:

SONY PS3                              NINTENDO Wii

YEAR 2005             $2b                                             $200(what Nintendo published)

i didn't say Nintendo doesn't do R&D but they being gaming sole company only push a TECH when its cheap as they can't be so agressive

but SONY can take the losses and Push for tech that is expensive and in the way make that TECH cheap by mass production even with loss at first

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

i really hope antipiracy is better in 3DS, because R4 really took away sales from many hardcore DS games, like Chinatown and Pokemon or Zelda

zelda and pokemon sales were taken away

but not that much for CHINATOWN

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Farmageddon said:

What's your point with R&D thing? For one, Nintendo has R&D too. But, more importantly, why should their profits be discussed without counting R&D? When someone says Nintendo made more money than PS they are talking about the entire buisness, so R&D is included for both, just as well as marketing, manufacturing, shipping, etc. It's a buisness, it simply makes no sense to say how much money you made without saying how much you spent to make it.

i am counting Nintendo R&D

just comparing like:

SONY PS3                              NINTENDO Wii

YEAR 2005             $2b                                             $200(what Nintendo published)

i didn't say Nintendo doesn't do R&D but they being gaming sole company only push a TECH when its cheap as they can't be so agressive

but SONY can take the losses and Push for tech that is expensive and in the way make that TECH cheap by mass production even with loss at first

You only answered to a single sentence of mine (that came right before I said "But, more importantly", no less). You completely ignored the point of my post.

Edit: Oh, he's banned.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

i really hope antipiracy is better in 3DS, because R4 really took away sales from many hardcore DS games, like Chinatown and Pokemon or Zelda

CTW was pirated mercilessly.  The truth is hardcore gamers are the most active pirates, and the rest of the dudebro base that usually buys GTA have Xboxes instead of DSes. 

Then the same scenario played out when it was ported to PSP, only worse.

Screen shots look good.  I am not a graphics whore but the 3DS will definitely help keep Nintendo in front on handhelds.

Around the Network

here's some video"

>

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Had to be recorded just when the freaking squid blasted the ink (MArio Kart) -.-

Not gonna lie, those visuals are so impressive! Not sure how 3D will work without the glasses, but this might be the first handheld i buy since GBAsp 5 or 6 years ago

Nice set of pictures and the nintendo material to download provide on the first page was really interesting:

- on the super mario kart we can actually see mii's on the bag ground.

- on other super mario kart picture (where tracks seems to be set on the  wuhu island) you can see the same zepplin as wii sport resort in the sky with "wii" write on it.

Can we conclude that the 3DS has power close to the wii and can handle almost identical material?

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

jarrod said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

CTW was pirated mercilessly.  The truth is hardcore gamers are the most active pirates, and the rest of the dudebro base that usually buys GTA have Xboxes instead of DSes. 

Then the same scenario played out when it was ported to PSP, only worse.

hardcore gamers are not pirates

CTW was pirated but it was noway near a true GTA