By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you want a 3DS now?

Do you want a 3DS now?

No, I don't care about handhelds. 7 2.71%

No, I've got other devic... 14 5.43%

Yes, Nintendo did an awes... 132 51.16%

Yes, I'm a gadget freak,... 5 1.94%

Yes, Nintendo is my daddy, so I must buy it. 44 17.05%

Yes, because the 3DS will... 56 21.71%

Total:258

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

NOPE I want two.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I missed this part of the presentation. This looks like one hell of a crazy action game in 2D, try to imagine lasers and enemies jumping out at your face!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

It's already got more big-name sequels than the Wii. I want it more than any other console/handheld i've ever wanted.

Copied this post of mine from the official conference thread:

"The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D."

Around the Network

At first I was like I'll get it when good games come out. Looks like those good games will come out on launch. Heck yeah its like it'll be day one

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Do I want one?!!

MGS on 3DS?!!!

Kingdom Hearts on 3DS?!!!

Dead of Alive on 3DS?!!!

Street Fighter on 3DS?!!!!!

Most importantly...

GLASSES 3D?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YES I WANT ONE NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a 3ds but I will wait a couple of years for the price cuts and so I can play all the great tittles at one go :P

Rainbird said:

Copied this post of mine from the official conference thread:

"The 3DS really seems awesome, but am I the only one who is concerned about 3D visuals that only work within a certain sweetspot and motionsensors that basically invite developers to have the device be moved around?

It seems like a pretty big contradiction in hardware design, unless you limit it to movement where the player follows or make players turn off 3D."

That's a pretty legitimate concern. I already feel that the DS form factor is poorly suited to tilt games. It's not as well-balanced as a unibody design like that of the iPhone/iPod Touch.

But frankly, I don't care if the 3D display turns out to be incompatible with motion controls. There's still a wide world of possibilities to explore with that one avenue closed.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Did they announce a release date other than "before the fiscal year ends"? Also it would be nice to have at least a price range.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash