By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

richardhutnik said:
thx1139 said:

People still dont get how pricing works when you have existing product.

Cost to produce the existing Elite with 120GB HDD > Elite with 250GB HDD.
Cost to produce the existing Elite with 120GB HDD much > then new Slim with 250GB HDD and WiFi
Cost to produce the existing Arcade much > then a new Slim Arcade without HDD

So if you dont release the new Slim with HDD now you continue to produce a more expensive to produce console. Not smart.

If you release new Slim with 250GB HDD at fall price of say $249 then the current Elites need to go on sale to $199. Arcades to $99.99.  So you release Slim at current price and reduce the other older SKUs by $50

Later this summer when stock is cleared you introduce the Slim Arcade and Skim with Kinect SKUs and lower the price fo the Slim 250GB.

And here is another scenario.

Elite unit comes with Kinect, while the Arcade unit doesn't.

Only problem is Kinect isnt ready.  So the Slims are ready to sell and you want to get them on the market. What do you do?

You start producing them (also so you dont risk production facilities changed over when production needs to be much higher) now and selling them now.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Smeags said:

Here's my take:

Sonic Colors could be the great Sonic game we've been waiting for!

now thats a reasonable summary from a not pro-360 member. 

I wouldn't put too much into what he said. As a big Sonic fan he learned to look at gaming optimistically.

Pfft, didn't you see that one of the 15 Kinetic games will be a Sonic Riders title?! It's going to be amazing. Just you wait.

Just you wait.

Gamestop is listing Natal at 149.99

I smell an epic fail coming.

famousringo said:

Not sure if somebody already posted this. Saw it linked on GAF and I thought it was worth a smile:

LMAO! that's pure win. If only if only that song ws on MS conference.

The conference was a C-, but in the overall grand scheme of things, it is an A-.

Despite the fact that MS did not focus too much on non-Kinect games, the next few days of E3 will prove that dozens of good 3RD PARTY games are coming. Just look at EA; they showed like 7 games (Crysis, Medal of Honor, EA Sports MMA, etc,). MS never really had a 1st party presence so this is no shocker. Plus, whoever expected Rare to make more than Shitty Avatar clothes was unfortunately fooled. this is 2010, not 1998.

3RD parties will have tons more in store that 360 owners would love to play. Just because MS did not talk about them or show trailers does not mean they don't exist. Surprisingly, the same tactic is used to completely ignore Nintendo too.

DO NOT BE SURPRISED if Sony's conference is similar if not worse, due to how similar the Move is to the Wiimote.

EDIT: The omission of the Kinect's price is a major problem. If it turns out to be a dime over $99 the conference is a complete F.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Well... I would rate that a 5/10

Started really well, i liked what i saw on Youtube. Black Ops, Halo, Gears and Rising looked REALLY good.

I watched some of the Kinect stuff. And nope. Not buying it at all. Show me some games that interest me, and i might give it a go.

I don't like the look of the Slim, although shine is good.

No pricecuts is weird. Maybe saving it for Gamescom...

SaviorX said:

The conference was a C-, but in the overall grand scheme of things, it is an A-.

Despite the fact that MS did not focus too much on non-Kinect games, the next few days of E3 will prove that dozens of good 3RD PARTY games are coming. Just look at EA; they showed like 7 games (Crysis, Medal of Honor, EA Sports MMA, etc,). MS never really had a 1st party presence so this is no shocker. Plus, whoever expected Rare to make more than Shitty Avatar clothes was unfortunately fooled. this is 2010, not 1998.

3RD parties will have tons more in store that 360 owners would love to play. Just because MS did not talk about them or show trailers does not mean they don't exist. Surprisingly, the same tactic is used to completely ignore Nintendo too.

DO NOT BE SURPRISED if Sony's conference is similar if not worse, due to how similar the Move is to the Wiimote.

other confrences later on don'y make this conference any better. Microsofts conference should show off Microsoft  games. With 0 first party titles announced and only 2 third party ones. How this can be seen as acceptable I have no idea

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:

other confrences later on don'y make this conference any better. Microsofts conference should show off Microsoft  games. With 0 first party titles announced and only 2 third party ones. How this can be seen as acceptable I have no idea

I don't take your meaning.  They unveiled several first-party games, most of which were internally developed.

RolStoppable said:
noname2200 said:

I don't take your meaning.  They unveiled several first-party games, most of which were internally developed.

I wouldn't call those titles you are refering to "games".

Interactive entertainment data storage media?

slowmo said:

Yawn, they could have delivered the moon and 90% of the posters in here would complain.

I watched the conference in its entireity and enjoyed everything bar ESPN in all honesty.  Sure it didn't beat last years event but even with the huge overwhelming praise and hype last years show got Microsoft, even then few on this site could conceed they blew Sony and Nintendo out of the water last year.  It was an average show this year that got the job done, although I expect some more news to arrive before the end of the show personally.

The Kinect adventures game looked like it could be great fun as a multiplayer game with friends, this pretty much sealed my intentions and I'll be pre ordering Kinect.  The slim 360 would have been huge had we not known it was coming since around 2007.

i wouldn't agree that it blew sony out the water last yr cause i think sony won last yr, but this wasn't a bad conferrence by anymeans. we just expected more and got 50% on all sides of gaming.