By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

JPL78 said:
themanwithnoname said:
JPL78 said:

@themanwithnoname, I'm a Fable fan, it didn't excite me.  Just my opinion but I'm glad at least some people found promise in it.

The thing they screwed up with Fable 2 was that before you even reached the end game you could have already leveled up completely.  So there was no such thing as a mage, or a fighter.  Every character became skilled in every aspect.

Typical RPGs at least make it where if you specialize in something you suck very much at the things you don't specialize in, Fable 1 followed that formula and hense forth was replayable at least.  I was more excited about the kingdom governing features of Fable 3 and the possible Kinect use and neither of those were shown.

I just found the way they tried to pitch the last one to be a little...well, weird for my liking.

Fable II is only behind the Mass Effects as my favorite 360 game. I'm excited to see the stuff you mentioned as well, but I will say that I've always found WRPGs to be at a complete disadvantage when it comes to showing a demo compared to FPS's or JRPG's where you can just show off the battle system. They just don't demo well imo.

Well I respect your opinion.  I did enjoy Fable 2, but more as an action game than an RPG.  I got the full 1,000 gamerscore so obviously I liked it, but if they had made the change I suggested I would have played through it potentially 3 times.

I can kind of see what you mean about WRPG demos but their have been successful ones.  Fallout 3 comes to mind a few years back.  And as far as JRPGs, I find that they are the games that usually just show cutscenes and CGI instead of actual gameplay.

Chances are I will love Fable 3, but in this case I would have rather seen a gameplay demo. I do like the supposed story of the two brothers though and the dark looking Albion.

Thanks for responding to me by the way, now I know at least one person in this entire thread read anything I said :)

Oh I agree, I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked or wasn't expecting them to show a demo, I'm just speculating why they didn't. I'm sure we'll see some videos of a demo shown throughout E3 though.

As for the rest of the conference, just about everything in the first half excited me, and I have enough games to play as it is. Also, ESPN looks cool as do some of the Kinect features, so I'm not as upset with this conference as some people are. The Crytek game intrigues me as well.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Booh! said:

Google "kinect port":

this is an updated article

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/14/the-new-xbox-360-kinect-port-up-close/

From that article:

"That means you'll only need one cord to set up a new Xbox Kinect system, while Xbox 360 original owners will have to connect over USB and plug in a separate power cord for the Kinect unit. And now you know."

They're still compatible.

Thank you, that is what the guy from MS said on Gametrailers as well.  It just means one less cord for owners of the new Xbox.

The deal with activision makes no since. MS should focus more on internally developed software.

Metal Gear Rising was really impressive. It will be a huge hit.

Gears3 will be epic! No pun intended.

Fable 3 will be another hit in the action genre.

Halo Game play and weapons looked great, but to me the graphic’s where dull.

Kinect was great, but I can see Pseye  being capable of doing some if not most of everything shown on Kinect. I said Hy to Christan? Sharing movies with friends was a unique feature all done by simple voice commands or a simple wave of the hand, but for me it’s all about the games not multimedia even though that’s where the industry is going. I'm not going to be watching movies on Kinect cause I see it as a gaming device.

Fell asleep on the ESPN stuff. LoL!

Kinect animals was nice and showed off Kinect’s graphic’s well, but like I pet it’s not my kind of thing!

Either way, the girl that demoed kinect animals looked retarded.

Running in place is so first grade! The casual market will have fun with this. I was looking for more Milo type stuff, and games that where more hardcore, but I was left disappointed.

Pretending like your driving a car with no steering weal makes you look stupid, but it’s more for the casual crowd. Kinect Adventure is also more for the casual crowd. Action Photos also a good feature.

I didn't see a game that appealed to me on connect?

I’d rather use kinect than buy some fitness DVDs to workout with. Who knows, It might be cheaper! (it will be cheaper) you will still need weights for Resistance training. Your guaranteed a work out though. Zen is better achieved with nature, but a quite room works just as good. And of course there would be a dancing game. No way around that!

New 360 looks sex and it’s good they didn’t wait until the fall to release it. I can see current 360 owners trading there current consoles in for the new version. A spike in sell s is imminent.

Verdict: I give Microsoft a B for E3. srry for the small text.

IMHO : 

I can't help myself thinking that this conference was cautiously doctored especialy the parts with the interface.

Did you notice that the guy presenting the interface (music, movies etc...) had his hands sticked to his body and tried to avoid any moves with them while playing the music or the movies...?

I'm also ready to bet that the audio commands were not realtime live, especially when talking to a mic using a mic ;)

All the games had lag (including the ubisoft fitness game, yes...).

And those women in the raft, their shouts and laughs were too exagerated to sound honest.

star wars looked weak. needs more work.

Around the Network
Sweep said:

IMHO : 

I can't help myself thinking that this conference was cautiously doctored especialy the parts with the interface.

Did you notice that the guy presenting the interface (music, movies etc...) had his hands sticked to his body and tried to avoid any moves with them while playing the music or the movies...?

I'm also ready to bet that the audio commands were not realtime live, especially when talking to a mic using a mic ;)

All the games had lag (including the ubisoft fitness game, yes...).

And those women in the raft, their shouts and laughs were too exagerated to sound honest.

All this nitpicking and you don't even raise the videoconferencing?  Fail, good sir, fail!

I watch MS conference every year and that was by FAR the worst. I rely on them for solid if not spectacular events. Last year they had the freaking BEATLES! This was really dull.

MGS Rising looked awesome.

COD deal was so stupid... right now everyone can tell 360 gets the map packs first. That is how it has always been.

Halo/Gears/Fable/COD= great

Kinect tech = solid

kinect games= not worth my attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

Oh, I almost forgot... XBLA?  Where was Shadow Complex 2?

It was all about the top core titles, reminders of a few other things coming out, and also KInect.  No word about Game Room either and what other companies signed on.  Will expect to see other press conferences cover them.  Microsoft is all about Kinect now.

Game Room is basically dead... and SC2 is what many would consider a "top core title". :/

Jarrod, Gameroom is far from dead.  Gamepack 6 comes out next week and now on the Live interface it specifically says "new games every week," which is something that hasn't officially been represented on Live until now.

Or course if they don't add any games that aren't Atari, Konami and Activision, it could very well die quickly.  Personally I like it because Gameroom is now what XBLA used to be.

jarrod said:
richardhutnik said:
jarrod said:

Oh, I almost forgot... XBLA?  Where was Shadow Complex 2?

It was all about the top core titles, reminders of a few other things coming out, and also KInect.  No word about Game Room either and what other companies signed on.  Will expect to see other press conferences cover them.  Microsoft is all about Kinect now.

Game Room is basically dead... and SC2 is what many would consider a "top core title". :/

And what confirmation has there been that SC2 actually exists?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.