By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Not sure if somebody already posted this. Saw it linked on GAF and I thought it was worth a smile:

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Am i the only one who noticed something really wrong with the Forza Kinect(damn that name sounds bad)? How are you suppose to brake or accelerate?? By blinking your eyes? I also noticed some slight lag.

So, how do you feel about the conference? Was it actually good or was it terrible, bad?

AnthonyW86 said:

Am i the only one who noticed something really wrong with the Forza Kinect(damn that name sounds bad)? How are you suppose to brake or accelerate?? By blinking your eyes? I also noticed some slight lag.

good point. im sure it will track your feet when you sit donw to play.

guiduc said:

So, how do you feel about the conference? Was it actually good or was it terrible, bad?

i gave it a B

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

Presumably, push forward or back.

Thanks for your franchise, I didn't saw it all along, but I just felt the element of surprise wasn't there. We already knew about all coming stuff, even the Xbox Slim modal. Even the Kinect time of year it would launch and the games coming with.

Yawn, they could have delivered the moon and 90% of the posters in here would complain.

I watched the conference in its entireity and enjoyed everything bar ESPN in all honesty.  Sure it didn't beat last years event but even with the huge overwhelming praise and hype last years show got Microsoft, even then few on this site could conceed they blew Sony and Nintendo out of the water last year.  It was an average show this year that got the job done, although I expect some more news to arrive before the end of the show personally.

The Kinect adventures game looked like it could be great fun as a multiplayer game with friends, this pretty much sealed my intentions and I'll be pre ordering Kinect.  The slim 360 would have been huge had we not known it was coming since around 2007.

This conference has seriously made me consider selling my Xbox 360. It was that bad.

Seriously, wtf? No new core games, awful looking Wii and PS Eye rippofs, ESPN support (who cares?), new slim model isn't even cheaper?

Only thing keeping me from selling it is Gears 3, and the fact I still occassonally play Gears 2 and MW2 online with some friends. I was hoping for some new announcements,but after this show, it's clear there is really nothing new to look forward to for 360. The only games that interest me that I can't also get on my recently bought PS3 is Gears 3 and Halo: Reach.

RolStoppable said:
Metallicube said:

This conference has seriously made me consider selling my Xbox 360. It was that bad.

Seriously, wtf? No new core games, awful looking Wii and PS Eye rippofs, ESPN support (who cares?), new slim model isn't even cheaper?

Only thing keeping me from selling it is Gears 3, and the fact I still occassonally play Gears 2 and MW2 online with some friends. I was hoping for some new announcements,but after this show, it's clear there is really nothing new to look forward to for 360. The only games that interest me that I can't also get on my recently bought PS3 is Gears 3 and Halo: Reach.

You are who you condemn.

But well written, deserves its own thread.

I agree. 9/10, with a .5 rewarded for effort.