By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

noname2200 said:
woopah said:

other confrences later on don'y make this conference any better. Microsofts conference should show off Microsoft  games. With 0 first party titles announced and only 2 third party ones. How this can be seen as acceptable I have no idea

I don't take your meaning.  They unveiled several first-party games, most of which were internally developed.

kinect sports, kinectimals, joyride ect were all games  we knew about before the conference. The only 2 brand new games shown were the Your Shape sequel and the  crytek game

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

After 95 pages about the conference. I must declare that this has to be one of the best conferences ever. The division of dispute between XBox fans is priceless. Let alone the ghastly shocks and unbelievable thoughts that many curios other console owners think. This was fantastic.

MS conference was fine. It targeted an audience to expand the sales. So why does MS Fail, but Kinect succeeds? Kinect is a fantastic piece of hardware design. It is a piece of hardware that could literary change our lives in regards to home entertainment. That however is only the hardware. The real question is.

How is MS Fucking it up? There is a right time and place for everything. MS has decided to take an excellent tech to try a heavy handed approach by forcing Kinect as a 360 device. That's the fail number One. Kinect should not be limited to the 360, but should be a gateway for all devices. This forceful nature will only cause Kinect to stumble and likely not become the world changer it can become.
Fail Number Two. MS has decided to pretty much copy Nintendo. MS regularly fails when it comes to copying. Unless MS is on home turf(ie their OS or PC Design) they tend to never get the foot hold they want. Often they end up flapping their wings. Kinectanimals == Nintendogs, KinectSports = Wii Sports, Kinect Adventure == WiiPlay...... Ubisoft is the only real candidate and even then Ubisoft got into the fitness software beacause of WiiFit.  You Shape is likely an signifigantly improved port of the Wii version. Overall MS is flapping it's arm hoping to get the attention of the bigger audience. 

Just keep in mind if you go running down the street flapping your arms and making bird sounds you can guarantee people will look. Will they join you, probably not. 

It's all a real shame to. I think Kinect could really revolutionize digital interaction. Now because of this model of heavy hands it will likely fall to the way side.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:

How is MS Fucking it up? There is a right time and place for everything. MS has decided to take an excellent tech to try a heavy handed approach by forcing Kinect as a 360 device. That's the fail number One. Kinect should not be limited to the 360, but should be a gateway for all devices. This forceful nature will only cause Kinect to stumble and likely not become the world changer it can become.

They are using the interface for -> Car interfaces, security, PC, media, Xbox 360, TVs and thats about all I know of. Apparantly there are around 12 different applications for this technology being worked on by their R D group in Israel.

Tease.

.jayderyu said:

After 95 pages about the conference. I must declare that this has to be one of the best conferences ever. The division of dispute between XBox fans is priceless. Let alone the ghastly shocks and unbelievable thoughts that many curios other console owners think. This was fantastic.

MS conference was fine. It targeted an audience to expand the sales. So why does MS Fail, but Kinect succeeds? Kinect is a fantastic piece of hardware design. It is a piece of hardware that could literary change our lives in regards to home entertainment. That however is only the hardware. The real question is.

Fail Number Two. MS has decided to pretty much copy Nintendo. MS regularly fails when it comes to copying. Unless MS is on home turf(ie their OS or PC Design) they tend to never get the foot hold they want. Often they end up flapping their wings. Kinectanimals == Nintendogs, KinectSports = Wii Sports, Kinect Adventure == WiiPlay...... Ubisoft is the only real candidate and even then Ubisoft got into the fitness software beacause of WiiFit.  You Shape is likely an signifigantly improved port of the Wii version. Overall MS is flapping it's arm hoping to get the attention of the bigger audience. 

Just keep in mind if you go running down the street flapping your arms and making bird sounds you can guarantee people will look. Will they join you, probably not. 

It's all a real shame to. I think Kinect could really revolutionize digital interaction. Now because of this model of heavy hands it will likely fall to the way side.

So you claim to have read all these posts but this question was clearly answered, if not in a direct way, by the reaction to at least half of the fans.

I'm all for them expanding their audience, I just wonder what good it might do if people do like they are saying and sell their X-boxes.  And those people selling or thinking about selling, those are more than likely the people that support buying lots of Software.  The people they are aiming for now are notorious for just not buying many games.

I'll hang in there for the duration but if I see any indication that they are further abandoning their core audience's tastes I'll have to consider Sony next time around.  And that my friend hurts to say.

Side note: they added some videos on Live of upcomming arcade games, new 2D Castlevania game that looks great included.  It was a one minute video... it helped me to feel a little bit better about the system I owned but they should have covered it in the conference.  Are you going to tell me they didn't have an extra minute of an hour an a half show?

I wouldn't have minded it at all if they had A.) suprised us with just one new game (Crysis trailer that tells us absolutely nothing does not count) and B.) had not scheduled a seperate press conference for the Kinect.  So, if you are keeping score, and assuming the Kinect conference runs as long as the regular conference that is 20 minutes devoted to their target audience and 2 and a half hours devoted to Kinect.  It's too much, overkill, and as someone pointed out most of their stuff was shameless Nintendo copycat stuff.  Show us Fable or Fallout or even a shooter like Halo using the Kinect and I think you would have least slightly swayed some of the cores.

They are "fucking it up" by releasing games that could have and possibly WERE on the eye toy years ago!

Around the Network

why is everybody ignoring codename: kingdoms from crytek?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:

It's hard to get excited about a cutscene.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Crytek is only good at pushing graphics, not creating engaging gameplay.

Grimes took the words right out of my mouth. ^^^^

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

AussieGecko said:

The same reason why every sensible person here ignores Agent.

Tease.

Smeags said:

Here's my take on the conference:

Bold: Great
Normal: Okay
Italicized: Not Appeased!

Call of Duty looks great, and has a less "Action Hero" feel that MW2 had.
Nice grab on the CoD content

The Slicing and dicing looks great in Metal Gear Solid: Rising
But will that be the only gameplay element? Hopefully there'll be more to it than that.
Gears looked great!
Apparently I missed the boat on Fable, because III really doesn't look like a must own experience.
And compared to Gears, Rising, and Black Ops, it's definitely not a looker.
Halo Reach was very pretty.
Space battles?! Totally awesome! (And could possibly mean space battles online!)
Exclusive game? From Crytek?! Here comes the trailer...
That didn't show us anything. Except blood.
ESPN using Kinect was nifty if I had gold (replay would be my most used feature to use on some England fans after that goalie missed that shot)
In fact, the whole interface using Kinect was probably the best part of the show. Looks great.
Kinectamals looked okay. (okay with more of a sigh to it) (The little girl however was the best actor in the entire show even with the awkward "licking" acting)
So did Kinect Sports
So did Joyride

YourShape, however, looks like it will be the kill app for Kinect. Great use of the peripheral. (This was my killer app for Kinect, if there IS a killer app that is... but if I bought one it would be for this game)
Dance Central looked groovy when the lady was up there.
But the guy was cringe worthy. Expect gifs. (EXACTLY WHAT I SAID no seriously!
2:48 PM - maxwellgt2000: GIFS INCOMING! that's lifted from steam while watching that part of the show)

Star Wars looked pretty rough
But it's on rails... and the movement was very clunky.
And why is there Storm Troopers on Naboo?
Kinect is launching on Nov. 4th!
No price? Really? Why wouldn't they announce the price point? Boo!
Xbox 360 Slim! Built in WiFi. 250 GB Hard drive!
And still for $299. Still... not bad. Wonder when it'll come out...
Now?!!

Since your feelings were so similar to mine I simply changed the bolds and italics with a few changed comments to reflect my feelings

Overall I felt the show started strong then fell utterly flat, few new games shown, kinect games were mostly shown last night so that didn't even have the thrill of being a new surprise, thankfully there was more footage shown, but none of it gave the vibe of this would be fun other than the Your Shape sequel (what exercising IS fun!).  There simply wasn't any megatons from the kinect games or traditional showings, nothing too surprising, biggest being space battles for reach and that's IF it has online space battles!

This simply was Microsoft's, Sony 2006 or the overall E3 2008 (cause I don't see Sony or Nitnendo having shows as bad as 2008, even MS had a decent 2008 show).  Sad to say it cause they messed up their perfect track record for never failing to at least entertain me. 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000