By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does Lady Gaga keeps getting uglier and uglier as time pass?

naruball said:
miz1q2w3e said:
guiduc said:

I don't know but for me Ace of Base doesn't sound at all like Alejandro... I saw the videoclip, scary, but very artistic. She said Alejandro was a song to denounce prejudices against gay community, because she was singing in gay bars before becoming famous.

The girl's really artistic and know who she has to find to build upon her success. Maybe you don't like her songs, maybe you find her ugly, and this is just what she is looking for: make people talk about her. Make people remember her. There will always be people whining and complaining about the lady, but you have to admit that she brought a fresh wind in pop culture. She is really different than all the pale pop copies nowadays.

And no, she is not ugly. When she doesn't wear costumes, she is more than OK.

totally agree!! i just listened to Alejandro again and i must say i like it a lot! :)

also agree with that last line :p

Please tell me you're both kidding. I mean copying other artist is the number 1 thing she's criticized for. I can understand that you might like her for may reasons, but not this. There so many"inspirations" in her videos, that it's getting ridiculous.

what are you talking about? i've never heard that

and by the way, i was talking about her style and general crazy-yet-cool sort of vibe, i don't think i've seen many people quite like her.

and even if she did have "inspirations" from other artists, i don't really care, the music's good so i like to listen to it, or have we forgotten about a little game called Uncharted2?

Around the Network

wtf does Uncharted have to do with this LOL

btw if you want to know who her biggest inpirations are, look for david bowie.. and look at her before THE FAME work.

mM

^^ how it was a great game but it was criticized for having too much "inspiration" from other games and lacking much innovation. people still praised the game, A LOT

so my point is you can take inspiration from others, it won't matter if what you make with it is really cool :)

^^ wow @ the resemblance!!!! :-O

Like someone said, art is subjective.. but I certainly don't consider gay guys in fishnets and high heels simulating sex with lady gaga on a bed artistic at all... the video also makes no sense, it's so disjointed its not even funny.. i think people are impressed with it cuz it's so busy, like it has so many things going on that it makes people go "wow".

Oh, and the weapon bras are stolen from britney spears.. she wore them in one of the austin powers films :)

and bad romance is clearly hugely inspired from thriller

and love games slightly rips off britney spears' toxic, especially with the jewels and stuff

did you guys also know that lady gaga's ex-boyfriend is suing her because he's the one who came up with the name, got her signed up and then she dumped him when her career took off? the charges were never dropped and i guess soon we'll hear more about it.

and i remember when gaga first came out she was accused of being a christina aguilera rip off cuz of the hair, and now people say vice versa! its outrageous i tell u!

i think what lady gaga does is that she comes up with many ideas and shoves them together in one song, and the result is something that has nothing to do with the song and makes no sense.. its happened in Telephone and Alejandro now. Like I still don't know why she & Beyonce killed those people in the Telephone video.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

I am gonna take gaga's side this time, yes lots of copying but it's working and lots of artists copy each other so, no real harm here.

It's kind hard not to copy someone else this day in age. Alot has been done and accomplished since people started getting delivered by the stork, ya know :|

axumblade said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
miz1q2w3e said:

I am gonna take gaga's side this time, yes lots of copying but it's working and lots of artists copy each other so, no real harm here.

I'm not really saying there's anything wrong with it. I personally think it's a great thing that she's got her own spin on different ideas and it is possible to be creative while taking inspiration from other artists. It's just trying to say she's 100% original isn't completely true. It's nearly impossible to be 100% original and when you are, it tends to alienate people more then attract them. (look at some of Bjork's craziness as a prime example).

I agree with you, she is not original , I have stated that in my previous post *copys/pastes*

"leo, I admit , with 2 albums she captured millions and sold bilions and almost everyone knows about her but that doesn't mean her work is art.

all what she did is sounding , looking and being different, starting with her weird ass name  "Lady gaga".

Catchy melodies has been around for years and they made super stars who made endless amount of $$$$$. Simply, people got bored with many artists doing the same music sales started to decline and the catchy melodies are not enough anymore.

Gaga made sure to recapture people's hearts with these melodies by creating a unique audible and visual image by writing funky enjoyable lyrics, wearing weird clothes -or not wearing any-. In other words, she became different and people liked her.

She is smart for being able to do what she did, I give her that but to brag about her ability to write lyrics like "I am a free bitch, baby" is just..... dunno

and yeah , her clothes , dresses or whatever you call them don't show talent, they just distract people from looking at her ugly face."

see? copypasta is useful sometimes :D

she is just re"capturing" re"using" catchy melodies with some spices.

axumblade said:

or.....Roisin Murphy...

they look a lot alike, but i think think the freaky/crazy image suits Lady Gaga better, at least i think so, i mean she's got that natural freakiness about her. that Roisin Murphy girl looks beatiful and seems pretty 'normal', not who i'd call a freak

btw, nice find! :p

Rosin murphy looks nothing like gaga.. I've seen the comparison..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dBi_aYXjuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dBi_aYXjuE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

compare that to this..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/niqrrmev4mA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/niqrrmev4mA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

that was not a good comparison, it's almost as bad as the aguilera gaga comparison. which had people thinking aguilera was taking something off gaga.

The truth is, originality is hard to come by, and today gaga is as orignal as it gets in pop music, and her concerts are breathetaking,

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIdlDU9gR8M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIdlDU9gR8M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

mM