By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does Lady Gaga keeps getting uglier and uglier as time pass?

guiduc said:

I don't know but for me Ace of Base doesn't sound at all like Alejandro... I saw the videoclip, scary, but very artistic. She said Alejandro was a song to denounce prejudices against gay community, because she was singing in gay bars before becoming famous.

The girl's really artistic and know who she has to find to build upon her success. Maybe you don't like her songs, maybe you find her ugly, and this is just what she is looking for: make people talk about her. Make people remember her. There will always be people whining and complaining about the lady, but you have to admit that she brought a fresh wind in pop culture. She is really different than all the pale pop copies nowadays.

And no, she is not ugly. When she doesn't wear costumes, she is more than OK.

totally agree!! i just listened to Alejandro again and i must say i like it a lot! :)

also agree with that last line :p

Around the Network

*ctrl-F: leo-j*

Awww, no meltdown.

Anyway:

She's a talentless ugly slut. I thought we've been through this?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

She's a talentless ugly slut.

I disagree completely on all three accounts.

This is invisible text!

She looks like a man to me.

Not to mention that she has a penis. Any man that can say she is good looking really have to take a better look at the sexuality.

Also about the rihana vid. That isnt the gaga style. that is a jamaican style that has been around for years

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:

She looks like a man to me.

Not to mention that she has a penis. How any man can say she is good looking really have tio take a better lokk at the sexuality

This got old a long time ago...

Anyway, I think she's got a decent body, but her face has always been 'meh.' Still, I'm a big fan of hers, even though she's unattractive I'm really drawn in (music & style), which I think is pretty cool. I like the fact that she's kinda... batshit insane. (Though I'm not a fan of her last 2 vids)

She looks best when her face is covered (show off her figure, cover the face). Like those huge sunglassses in BR.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
guiduc said:

I don't know but for me Ace of Base doesn't sound at all like Alejandro... I saw the videoclip, scary, but very artistic. She said Alejandro was a song to denounce prejudices against gay community, because she was singing in gay bars before becoming famous.

The girl's really artistic and know who she has to find to build upon her success. Maybe you don't like her songs, maybe you find her ugly, and this is just what she is looking for: make people talk about her. Make people remember her. There will always be people whining and complaining about the lady, but you have to admit that she brought a fresh wind in pop culture. She is really different than all the pale pop copies nowadays.

totally agree!! i just listened to Alejandro again and i must say i like it a lot! :)

Please tell me you're both kidding. I mean copying other artist is the number 1 thing she's criticized for. I can understand that you might like her for may reasons, but not this. There so many"inspirations" in her videos, that it's getting ridiculous.

naruball said:
miz1q2w3e said:
guiduc said:

Please tell me you're both kidding. I mean copying other artist is the number 1 thing she's criticized for. I can understand that you might like her for may reasons, but not this. There so many"inspirations" in her videos, that it's getting ridiculous.

When i first heard Alejandro,  the first thing i thought was: She teamed up with Ace of Base?

And i barely know Ace of base.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

leo-j said:

obnoxious? Um sorry but Alejandro is and will always be art..  it's funny how you guys say "They don't know shit about art" Really now? She got her influences from one of the deepest forms of art our generation never got to see.. Weimar Germany and the awakening of 20th century European Facisim.

Face it, you all "hate" her because she is a pop artist.. You all were in love with this women when I showed her to you guys in 2008..  then she becamse mainstream and has not changed at all but evolved into an even bigger artist, and you guys now reject her? Mhm..

I am listening to backstreet boys at the moment -.-

leo, I admit , with 2 albums she captured millions and sold bilions and almost everyone knows about her but that doesn't mean her work is art.

all what she did is sounding , looking and being different, starting with her weird ass name  "Lady gaga".

Catchy melodies has been around for years and they made super stars who made endless amount of $$$$$. Simply, people got bored with many artists doing the same music sales started to decline and the catchy melodies are not enough anymore.

Gaga made sure to recapture people's hearts with these melodies by creating a unique audible and visual image by writing funky enjoyable lyrics, wearing weird clothes -or not wearing any-. In other words, she became different and people liked her.

She is smart for being able to do what she did, I give her that but to brag about her ability to write lyrics like "I am a free bitch, baby" is just..... dunno

and yeah , her clothes , dresses or whatever you call them don't show talent, they just distract people from looking at her ugly face.

*turns volume up again and continues dancing to I want it that way by Backstreet boys"

naruball said:
miz1q2w3e said:
guiduc said:

she has never been criticized for copying anyone, in fact people are criticized for copying her.. this is the first time anyone really says "Oh it reminds me off madonna" other than last year when people thought "Oh a theatric pop singer, she must be like madonna"..

mM
naruball said:
miz1q2w3e said:
guiduc said:

mmm well I heard there were some inspirations in the Alejandro's video from Like A Prayer of Madonna, went to see the video, no fair comparison aside a cross. She doesn't copy others, she is inspired, and that's not bad at all. And I never heard she was criticized that much for copying other artists.