By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does Lady Gaga keeps getting uglier and uglier as time pass?

Cheebee said:

Wow look at all the haters here. Everytime someone ot something's successful, hordes of haters pop up out of nowhere, it's sad. And the more succesful they are, the more vocal the haters become. Reminds me of Nintendo.

Her success has nothing to do with it. Maybe it's just the fact that I think her music sucks and I don't get her appeal. If I don't like someone,I just don't like someone,regardless of there success.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

the song was originally called don't call my name..

but she changed it because the meaning of it is based on her fear of sex, and fear of falling into a position that she cannot control.

Thanks for that great insight leo-j. lol

leo-j said:

obnoxious? Um sorry but Alejandro is and will always be art..  it's funny how you guys say "They don't know shit about art" Really now? She got her influences from one of the deepest forms of art our generation never got to see.. Weimar Germany and the awakening of 20th century European Facisim.

Face it, you all "hate" her because she is a pop artist.. You all were in love with this women when I showed her to you guys in 2008..  then she becamse mainstream and has not changed at all but evolved into an even bigger artist, and you guys now reject her? Mhm..

Seriously leo-j,why do you care if people hate her. Just because your gaga over her,doesn't mean everybody else has to be. I'm sure people hate the bands and music that I like,but I'm not going to get all mad about it.

I'm not mad, it's just some people don't give her a chance..

and I shouldn't have said "IT IS ART" because art is truely subjective.

mM

Art is subjective.

Some people smear feces on a wall and call it art. Some make breathtaking photorealilistic pictures. Some of Gaga's work is the former, and not the latter.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

obnoxious? Um sorry but Alejandro is and will always be art..  it's funny how you guys say "They don't know shit about art" Really now? She got her influences from one of the deepest forms of art our generation never got to see.. Weimar Germany and the awakening of 20th century European Facisim.

Face it, you all "hate" her because she is a pop artist.. You all were in love with this women when I showed her to you guys in 2008..  then she becamse mainstream and has not changed at all but evolved into an even bigger artist, and you guys now reject her? Mhm..

Didn't Montana dealt with the situation already?

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

I don't know but for me Ace of Base doesn't sound at all like Alejandro... I saw the videoclip, scary, but very artistic. She said Alejandro was a song to denounce prejudices against gay community, because she was singing in gay bars before becoming famous.

The girl's really artistic and know who she has to find to build upon her success. Maybe you don't like her songs, maybe you find her ugly, and this is just what she is looking for: make people talk about her. Make people remember her. There will always be people whining and complaining about the lady, but you have to admit that she brought a fresh wind in pop culture. She is really different than all the pale pop copies nowadays.

And no, she is not ugly. When she doesn't wear costumes, she is more than OK.

suddenly she's hot..

mM
thelalaby said:
.:Dark Prince:. said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
thelalaby said:

Well she was never good-looking, but yeah the big bad change is the eyebrows. Seriously, they mess the whole face up!

But i'm still obsessed with her, she has talent and catchy songs that i can't get out of my mind... ever.

STOLEN catchy songs :P

And the Alejandro video is disturbing! And this is coming from a gay guy. I liked Telephone's video better.

And even if they're not stolen ( or a tribute??), then a single song doensn't have that much to do with Gaga's talent. A producer and a songwriter do most of the work there. A catchy song has far more to do with those people. 

She does the style really well, the dancing good and the singing decent (sometimes good). I quess that's Pop right? Mostly Style over substance.

The thing is, she writes most of her songs so yeah... and maybe some of her songs are very similar to other songs out there, but most of her stuff is pretty original. Anyway, she is famous, so she's of course gonna be hated by more than she's loved.

I love, nor hate her. I think some of her songs are very catchy.

Pokerface was her best, IMO. But she ripped big parts from this song: Boney m -Ma baker. No doubt about it.

One last note: A lot of artists claim to 'write' their own songs. Maybe she does. But it's basic PR-stuff to say so. 

No, she DOES write many songs. And yeah the lyrics are kinda weird, but she also writes the music :p She's written some for Madonna, Britney Spears (Telephone was supposed to be for Britney) and others (Pussycat Dolls also IIRC).

And i disagree about Pokerface, it's not even on my top 5 from her. Telephone and Bad Romance are her bests (for me :p)

What songs did she write for Madonna?

I don't remember the titles... trying to find a link atm.

Anyway, this link says she's written for Britney and PCD http://thecount.com/2009/01/16/did-you-know-lady-gaga-wrote-for-britney-and-pussycat-dolls/

axumblade said:

Alejandro used to be art when it was this song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RYo0JpT410

lolol, every few seconds while listening to that song i though Alejandro was just about to start cuz the melody was kinda the same in some parts

"i'm gonna be strong i'm gonna, defy" and "don't turn around" == "don't call my name" (same melody or something)

still, they're pretty different imo, and also, i like Alejandro a lot better :p

PS: i hate how all her youtube music videos are filled with so much crap, what should be 4 minutes turns into an 8 minute video with Gaga >_<