By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many pushups can you do?

You lift approximately ` of your bodyweight with each pushup, so just multiply you weight time .6

For example I weigh 140 pounds (skinny I know, I hear it all the time) so each pushup would be 84 pounds. I tested it by doing a push up on a scale and it came up exactly 84 pounds so I think it's pretty accurate.

Right now just starting I can do 30 pushups but my goal is 100! Go to this site: http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html if you want to reach that goal too. Then come back and post your progress.

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."

Around the Network

I weight bout the same, tho i dont get no skinny complaints, i can do roughly 50.

Wow! I can do only around 20-25 myself, I was never very good at lifting my own bodyweight since I've always been heavy. I did 42 pushups in the army though, but I weighed quite a bit less then (I weighed 235 pounds then and weigh 270-275 now).

I can't do 1 single pushup.

I could when I was younger, but not anymore.

Edit: I weight about 100-110

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

I can do 34. My weight is 154 lbs.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

About 40 or so. I managed to get up to 60 at one stage, but I was lighter then.

I'm 185.

If you are talking about pefect form, flat back, nose touching the ground every time, military style push ups, I can do about 50-60.  I weight about 160 lbs.  If you are talking about just normal, fast paced, see how many push ups you can fit in a minute type push up, I can do close to 100.  I really haven't done pushups in a while (do mostly bench and free weight exercises) so I'll have to check tonight to see how I am doing.

Well I go to the gym a lot and bodybuild, So I usually do about 80-90. My arms feel like jelly afterwards though.

Last time I checked I weighed 225.

The number of pushups you can do depends greatly on a number of factors independent of your strength: duration of each push up, how wide appart your arms are, how low you go, how arched your back is, etc.

tarheel91 said:

The number of pushups you can do depends greatly on a number of factors independent of your strength: duration of each push up, how wide appart your arms are, how low you go, how arched your back is, etc.

Should look something like this

http://www.hundredpushups.com/images/good_form_pushups.gif

"What have i done.? Is it too late to save me from this place? From the depths of the grave? We all are those .. who thought we were brave."